VSG Maintenance Group

Nov 17 Tuesday

carbondated
on 11/17/15 7:13 am

Morning all:

Stephanie hope that you are feeling much better.  MUCH!

Diane:  those hungry days are not easy are they,

Kairk:  you will get through this.  You have already proven that! 

The scale is the absolute same and to be honest it is getting discouraging.  However my clothes are becoming, dare I say it, a bit baggy and this, after being more than snug.  So SOMETHING is happening.

Another storm going through.  I have to get out there and pick up the blow-downs.  

Enjoy this Tuesday! 

Spencerella
on 11/17/15 9:06 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Still at 119 but ate better yesterday. I managed at my normal levels yesterday without much angst. Still recovering from my motorcycle mishap but a little more comfortable this morning. My right hand is still immobile and swollen but even that feels less tender so I think I'll be quick to mend. 

Have a great day everyone. So glad you're all here, showing up for yourselves and for me. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

stephanieplum
on 11/17/15 2:27 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

I'll bet some of the those extra pounds are from the accident...you're swollen!  It should come off soon!  Hope you're better quickly!

Spencerella
on 11/17/15 3:23 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

You know I hadn't thought about that!

LINDA                 

carbondated
on 11/17/15 4:54 pm

Linda:

So very sorry about your accident.  I think that you are brave to even get on the thing.

Hopefully your hand will go down.

diane S.
on 11/17/15 10:32 am

Hey all, today is my SIX YEAR anniversary of vsg.  Its been great.   my doctor's goal for me was 130 to 140. I ended up below 120 and stabilized at about 122 for a long time. In the past 6 months I have had a few detours involving pizza but am 127 today. would like to be at 125 or below. still something to work on.

My highest weight was 247 lbs and surgery weight was 230.  I lost weight rather slowly but steadily.  

All in all, one of the best things I have ever done. Still plenty of challenges ahead. really need to get more exercise to avoid bone loss. Gotta stick to the basic food plan.

Still amazes me how many medical people don't know about the sleeve.  Doctors often assume I had the gastric bypass even though I explain otherwise.   I feel like I have to spread the word.  Often wish i could run up to obese people and enlighten them but of course I don't.

Anyway its been a great 6 years and hope i am still at or below this weight in another six years (when I will be 70 years old for pete's sake).     diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Spencerella
on 11/17/15 10:39 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Diane congrats on all your success! You continue to inspire me!

LINDA                 

stephanieplum
on 11/17/15 2:25 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Happy 6 Years, Diane!!!  Thank you for this group and inspiring us all.  You are truly a success story!

carbondated
on 11/17/15 4:55 pm

Congratulations! 

Well done! 

I agree.  You are an inspiration. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/15 6:04 pm

Happy "Surgiversary"! 

Thanks for this group and keeping it active. Means a lot to me!