VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday. Holiday t...

Tuesday. Holiday time a-coming

carbondated
on 11/24/15 6:18 am

morning

Did not sleep until 3am and now running late.  You know how that is.

scale same.  Not much walking.  A new day with 24 hours to try again.

enjoy Tuesday

momsy55
on 11/24/15 7:00 am - ME

Good morning!  I was just about finished with my response when I wiped it all out by mistake.  Grrr!  Here goes again.  Carbon - 4 lbs. - yay!!!  Kairk, congrats on your new jeans!  Linda, I hope your hand is healing.  Spencerella, I hope you're feeling better.  Diane, so glad the red panda was found safe!

I've been MIA for a few days.  Struggled again over the weekend.  One of my character flaws has always been the need to be seen as perfect, which, of course is impossible.  When I'm struggling with something, I tend to avoid those I want to see me as doing well, which is what I did here.  It's not logical, and tends to just make matters worse, but here I was visiting that old pattern of behavior again.  I have toned down my eating the past couple of days.  I took the plunge this morning and weighed myself.  Much to my surprise, the scale was down a bit.  While pleased with this result, I can't lull myself into a false sense of security, as when I play around, it ALWAYS catches up with me.  I do have a plan for Thanksgiving, though my inner demons are telling me that it's the holidays and it's ok to eat what I want.  So the tug of war is on.  I am trying to keep the food clean between now and then, in hopes that I don't listen to that demon.  

The weather up here in central Maine has turned colder.  It was 23 degrees this morning on the way to work.  We had our first snow early Monday morning, but it warmed up enough to mostly all melt.  It is expected to be sunny and 50 degrees on Thanksgiving Day, which will be good for those travelling to our house from out of state.  Carbon, no need to worry about you finding 35 degrees cold.  It is cold no matter where you live.  Brr!

Have a wonderful day!  Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Spencerella
on 11/24/15 8:04 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Carbon I hope your day goes well despite the tired start. If you're anything like me, those are days that food calls my name. If it's the same for you, I hope you get through it without too much difficulty! 

Mary, it's good to have you back :-)  Glad to hear the scale number wasn't scary after all.  but like you, it's been my experience  too that my transgressions show up There eventually.  And of course if I'm back on track by then the higher number doesn't last long.

Scale rewarded me with a solid 115 today and I'm very happy to see it. I had a really good food day yesterday with low hunger and good choices. I completed a phase of an unpleasant task I'd been procrastinating about and truly dreading, so maybe there was some psychic relief in that. More unpleasantness still has to come but at least this phase is complete. 

Have a good day, everyone!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

diane S.
on 11/24/15 9:35 am

hi all, down to 126.5. no clue why but i'll take it.  gotta work at the gallery today and its rainy and tuesday which means it will be really slow.  my duty is to dust to dust I shall. no fresh fudge.  will probably spend the day rearranging my art.

moms don't be hard on yourself.  life is good at our new weights even if its not the perfect one.  

I am going to pretend to be the panda and try to eat lots of greens today.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/15 10:08 am

Momsy, great that you're back. It's a process, this is. I understand hiding from the lack of perfection. I've done the same myself. 

Linda, glad you got a phase done. It's always nice to have the hard stuff behind you.

Diane, hope you can celebrate the panda with lots of greens. I have come to accept I just don't really love vegetables. I do my best, but I'd much rather eat fruit... I get two veggie servings in a day, but that's it! 

Carbon - when I'm overly tired from lack of sleep I have the hardest time with food. I wish you all the best to keep it on track today. I'm sending you good mojo! 

Scale was down some more for me today. However, I woke up with a throat that was more sore than it was yesterday. Boooooooo! Feeling a little run down, too. Spending a few hours at school today and then home to trim a dog and rest up for the Thanksgiving prep tomorrow. Not much to do really except bake a nice no sugar added pumpkin pie. Ron can make the brussels sprouts on Thursday. I'm taking the day off! HAHAHAHA! 

Happy Tuesday, all! 

stephanieplum
on 11/24/15 10:51 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Good Afternoon!!  My scale is the same as yesterday.  I'm still feeling under the weather...it's moving to my head.  So irritating to be sick on break; to be sick period!!!  Sorry, Devon...hope you don't have what I have.  Hate to tell you that's how mine started.

Massage today.  I'm on a quest for some jeans...non- stretchy. Plain ole jean that have more than a 2 in zipper ( I really prefer button fly)  cover my hips, and don't have so much bling that my ass is the main attraction.  I'm also planning to work in my pot garden and change out flowers.  I really must do that today as my next two days I'm visiting family and then it's suppose to rain buckets. We're also looking for a star door for our patio.  Good times!!!!

Hang in there everybody!!!