VSG Maintenance Group

Nov 25 Wednesday ( one more day!)

carbondated
on 11/25/15 6:22 am

Morning all.

S.  Hope that you feel better soon.  Somehow it is worse when the rest of society is happy and full of glee.  Is it something doing the rounds?

K.  You have a day off.  Wow!!!

Mary I so understand the perfection idea.  Hid from this site for a few years because embarrassed by weight gain.  You said it very well.

the scale is down .2.  The walk is going to be brisk and hopefully not too slippery.  When was young enjoyed sliding on icy puddles but sadly not now.

enjoy your Wednesday.

stephanieplum
on 11/25/15 6:56 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Good Morning! We're off to my parents for the first round of festivities.  I'm giving myself a break today to eat the foods of my childhood and enjoy them. It will be wonderful to be with my parents.  I love having them close.

I didn't find any jeans yesterday.  I tried on mens jeans even...and those might work, but need to find a size and length that works.  This is really worse than when I was shopping in the Plus Size section.  Jeans and bras are a *****!  

We may shop today...we'll see.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!  I am SO thankful for this group; each and everyone of you!

momsy55
on 11/25/15 8:02 am - ME

Good morning!  A very brisk day here - it was only 12 degrees when we got up this morning.

Carbon, stay safe on your walk.  The older I get, the more skittish I get about things like ice.  I swore, when I observed older relatives as a younger person, being more cautious, that I would not do that.  But with age comes a bit more wisdom!  :)

Sterphanie, have a safe trip and a wonderful holiday with your family!

The scale was the same this morning, and food has been more even.  I may not be here for a few days, but it won't be hiding.  We have out of state guests coming tomorrow for the holiday, and, after they leave, we're headed to my mother-in-law's to celebrate with her.  I'll wish everyone a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving now, just in case.  I too am grateful for this group.  

Hugs to all!   Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Spencerella
on 11/25/15 8:20 am, edited 11/25/15 1:00 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Good morning everyone. Lots of early birds today!  

I'm finally seeing 114 again! Top end of it but it's really there!   I haven't seen that number in several months so I'm very happy about that. I'll need to see it stick for a few days before considering any changes. If and when it sticks, I'm going to slowly transition up calories to see if my maintenance level has changed.  It took me many months to transition into maintenance initially because I used a similar approach. 

Today is likely to be a challenge because it's going to be a weird one. I'm working at an odd time and because it's my daughter's birthday I'm preparing a 'treat' dinner for her. I'm going to allow myself to be off plan for it, but the timing of food intake may off and that sometimes gets me in trouble too. But the good news is I know these things, which means I can work on them.  

And for the record, it took me six weeks of pretty solid diligence to lose four measly pounds.  Theoretically with my level of calorie reduction it should have taken me four weeks. A year ago it would have taken me less than that.  So again I must remember how long it takes to pay for those few moments of pleasure when the extra food is in my mouth! 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

diane S.
on 11/25/15 8:40 am

hey all, 126.5 which is good. sunny day and last minute prep for guests arriving this evening. Fridge is full of mostly healthy stuff.  Have a great day all.  The little red panda is being sent to Tennessee next month as part of zoo breeding program.  Her twin sister and parents stay here.  Another adventure.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/15 9:30 am

Little Red Panda Masala will get the adventure she was looking for! 

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/15 9:38 am

Well, several handfuls of Ron's movie popcorn and a bun-less hot dog for dinner (yuck!, btw, but needed to eat something) with beef jerky for dessert caused the scale to go up .9 this morning. To be expected I suppose. My initial reaction was something along the lines of, "If I want to make my goal, by such and such...." I caught myself and had to remind myself that it's okay to live a little even during a weight loss phase and that my calories were still within range yesterday. My sodium level was through the roof and that was what was causing the change in the scale. Ah, the tricks our minds will play! 

I will be around this weekend and will be posting. I have my plan in place for tomorrow. I'm making a new recipe for sugarless pumpkin pie. Won't be low carb or low cal or low fat, but it will be sugar free and that's what is important for me! 

I have been knighted with the first school bug of the year - minor cold and sore throat. Thought I was going to beat it off, but no such luck. It toyed with me for several days and then yesterday hit with full force. Thank goodness I don't feel miserable - just sound that way! 

Ron was taken with the way the new jeans fit and insisted on taking a pic. I'm thinking maybe I'll post it here so I can share my progress with you all. Still have a ways to go, but I'm feeling pretty good again about my appearance. 

So grateful to have you all here to share my journey with. I value your support and cheering more than you can imagine. 

Paula1965
on 11/25/15 6:52 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Hello everyone. Just joined the group and it seems like possibly only moderators can make a post but members can reply? Is that correct?

Anyway, I am almost 8 months post-op from VSG and this morning I was .2 lbs. from goal. I'm sure Thanksgiving will keep me from hitting goal this week but I'm very close. I've already entered in what I plan on eating tomorrow on My Fitness Pal and macros look good albeit a bit high on carbs.

Looking forward to the support during maintenance as I know from past experience that maintaining is much harder then losing. I lost 100 lbs. about 8 years ago using Medifast but already started gaining back the weight when I was in transition from Medifast food to regular food. I know now that I can't eat the calories that the programs like MFP and FitBit tell me I can. I imagine that I will be right around 1200 calories per day it will be a learning process for sure. I have been averaging about 1,000 calories or a little better the last several weeks and have only lost about 1/2 lb.

Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/15 9:51 pm

Welcome to the group Paula! Believe me when I say we ALL are happy to have you join and be an active member of this group! 

Spencerella
on 11/25/15 10:42 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Welcome to our group Paula!  We're glad to have you. Anyone who is a member can start a post here

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0