VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, January 26...

Tuesday, January 26th

ocean4dlm
on 1/26/16 2:53 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

There was a classic post on the VGS forum today ( a Frisco, Grim, Kairk triple power post) whi*****luded a "protect your skinny" quote.  What a fantastic post about the life long commitment we all made to regulating what we put in our bodies.  It reminded me to look at the word "diet" as an honor and responsibility to myself and my health rather than a burden.  What a great way to start my day !

My weight is 138.2, so I'm down 12 for month 8. Because I am now solidly on the middle of my target (135-140), I'm ending tallying my losses on my OH "ticker". Being a bit OCD, I added up all of my monthly losses, and there was a three pound difference, so I logged a 9 pound loss for month 8, so everything would add up correctly.

Looking forward to trying out my standing desk today !

Diane

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Paula1965
on 1/26/16 4:47 am
VSG on 04/01/15

I will have to check out that post! Hope you enjoy the standing desk!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Paula1965
on 1/26/16 4:54 am
VSG on 04/01/15

121.6 today, still going down so I am upping my calories again, now to 1400. I think my active lifestyle is allowing for the calorie increase - no complaints here! I did a 45 minute Walk Away the Pounds DVD and 45 minutes of level 2 Yoga yesterday. Boot Camp on tap for today.

I spaced out on my Cardiologist appt. yesterday, so now have to wait another month to see my cholesterol results. Oh well, at least I was exercising my heart when I was supposed to be there - that should count for something! I didn't work yesterday which is odd for me and it had me messed up all day on what day of the week it was!

Off to eat a bigger then usual breakfast!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

carbondated
on 1/26/16 6:07 am

morning all and welcome to our newest members.

calories 563 and walking 9,533 steps.  Doing a re-reset after a completely disastrous week.  A family member with severe mental health issues sent me diving for food of any kind.  You would think would have a handle on this by now but obviously not.

excellent post I agree with 'the three' on the VSG page.

enjoy Tuesday.  Pouring here.  For a change. 

stephanieplum
on 1/26/16 8:39 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Good Morning!  I will have to ck out the post, as well. 

My scale is the same.  I tweaked my r-knee yesterday.  I'm going to have to baby it the next few days.  It's went snap, crackle, pop...hope it will heal on it own.

Happy Monday!

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/16 8:59 am

Having just torn my quad, I sympathize! OUCH!!!!! The snap, crackle, pop is exactly how I described the tear! It was like a cloth ripping from my knee up to my hip... OUCH! 

Paula1965
on 1/26/16 9:41 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Oh no! hope you can heal quickly!

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/16 9:06 am

Scale down 2.0 today. Water, but I'll take it. 

I'm hungry this morning! ACK! I think it's the reduction in carbs. Not quite used to it. I ended the day at 38 total carbs. Yeah, 20 is just a little too low for me to cope with right now. Had I not had my evening Greek Yogurt with 1/4 wild blueberries I would have been at 27 total carbs, but I thought, what the hell, I'll still be under 40 and honestly, I can't remember the last time my carbs were that low. 

I read some more on the thread about Diets. Interesting how some people think about their eating. I no longer "diet". It doesn't work for me. What I am doing is figuring out slowly and steadily a way of eating that I can maintain in the long haul so that I can eat as close to a "normal" person as possible. Part of that normal for me is going to always be aware of eating high sugar foods and what they do to me. Not everyone is triggered by high sugar foods, but I sure as hell am. So, I know I always have to make a choice as to whether or not I want to deal with the trigger. If you want to call that a diet, so be it. To me it's just mindful eating. Mindful eating is not a diet. It's a strategy! 

diane S.
on 1/26/16 9:24 am

Hi all

Carbon I feel your pain. Our family has a crazy person who is nasty to everyone. Long story but it really gets to you.Try not to let it spoil all you have accomplished.  '

up a half today and gotta run off and sit around the art gallery. it will not be busy so iPad games and walk in circles.   Oh well, rain has let up.  

Visiting girl dog now home. Dog Chip is exhausted.    diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

momsy55
on 1/26/16 11:03 am - ME

Hi All!

Lesa (and Devon too) OUCH!!!!  Hope you heal fast!

Carbon, it is sometimes so hard to deal with other people's issues.  It may seem the food isok, but then you find yourself later munching without even knowing why.  Been there, done that many times!  Try to use this as another @#$%ing growth experience!

Still not happy with my eating.  This weekend saw shades of eating with abandon from the past - not a good place to be.  It's also that time of year when all of the diet places blitz us with their commercials.  I was wathcing one (I think Oprah's "I love bread" commercial) and all of the old feelings of despair and false hope bubbled to the surface, and I realized just how much I don't want to be back there!!!  I wrote about this in my journal, pondering why I'm back in this place.  What I came up with was that I'd been projecting about my weight by last Friday when I was supposed to have my annual check in at the surgeon's, and upcoming trip to Florida - just made me eat all the more.  I cancelled the appt., giving me free reign over food.  The only saving grace is that I've stayed out of the sugar, or it would be all over.  I also realized that, when others display their humanness, I am understanding of them.  For me, it's perfection or nothing.  Feeling unworthy and not good enough is so entrenched in every fiber of my being, that if I'm not perfect, it just reinforces that I'm not good enough.  My head knows this is BS, by my emotions don't.  My work needs to be in recognizing my worthiness and my humanness, giving myself permission, on a very primal level, to not be perfect and still be ok.  In the meantime, though, I can't continue with mindless eating, so I am taking it a moment at a time, with no projections, no promises, just putting one step in front of the other and trying to be mindful of what is going in my mouth.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!  Hugs,

Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180