VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, February 1s...

Monday, February 1st

Paula1965
on 2/1/16 4:27 am
VSG on 04/01/15

124.2 today. A new month! Did boot camp and yoga yesterday! Will try and get a walk in at lunch today at work, otherwise the evening is spoken for with a scout meeting.

Welcome to all the recent joiners. Please chime in when you feel comfortable. Someone usually starts a daily thread where we update each other on our progress, struggles, victories or just life in general. Ocean, carbondated and myself are usually the early risers and often start the daily thread but anyone is more than welcome to!

Happy Monday to you my friends! Looking forward to hearing how your day is going.

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

ocean4dlm
on 2/1/16 5:12 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Good Morning ! 

We have an extra day this month !!  I'm sure we'll make the most of it !!  Temperature is supposed to hit 50 today !!

Went out to dinner last night.  I had two bacon wrapped broiled scallops and a portion of a mustard glazed salmon salad.  Have more for lunch today.  I was totally satisfied with what I had, and was not tempted by dessert.  Most of the people I eat out with are also health conscious, and we often request no bread basket. It's amazing how a protein forward meal leaves little room for anything else.  1150 calories yesterday, and down .4 today.

Thanks for the concern about light headedness. I have very low blood pressure to begin with (systolic rarely over 95) and it usually happens in the morning or when I get up too fast.  Looked back over my macros and I am not close to hitting sugar or carb targets.  I love veggies, and head there after my protein, and rarely have fruit. I still am keeping grains out of my diet except for the occasional protein steel cut yogurt.  I'll work on that.

My replacement Tushi arrived.  Love, love it !!!   I thought I had walked at least 15,000 steps yesterday.... and it was really 6,100.  Increased awe for all of you 10,000 steppers. That is my goal for this week.... 10,000 steps five or more days.

So, how soon will we know about puppies ?

Diane

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 12:53 pm

I will know by the end of February. A dog's gestation period is relatively quick - 63 days. An ultra sound can detect a puppy fetus no earlier than 26 days after impregnation, but 28 is the "perfect" day. Hoping to have an ultra sound on the 26th or 27th. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Of course, now Blue's grandmother is in season. My poor male is going to be a wreck by the end of the week. At least now that he's an old man he has the good sense to eat. When he was young nothing persuaded him to eat when it was "breeding time". 

Shel25
on 2/1/16 7:23 am

I have been listening to To Kill a Mockingbird lately and will borrow a recurring phrase from it:  "it is not time to worry...."

127 today, up 2 lbs in a day.  I had been hoping that the 125 was water weight etc but apparently this is the real water weight.  I am trying not to read to much into this....I could point to a handful of contributing factors, none of them related to terrible eating.  More importantly, my weekend clothes that were very fitted at the end of Dec have an ease to them that suggests that I haven't gained fat in this first month of maintenance.

But, today is a victory of sorts.  When I saw my weight up, I thought seriously about not posting at all.  I mean really seriously!  Or, maybe I would post but not give a number, or, even lie....anything to avoid the number!

But, I KNOW in my SOUL that I need the transparency.  Denial was such a huge player in my march to 361 lbs in the past.  This time I am going to do it different.  I am not going to give so much power to 2 (2!) pounds that I totally check out.

Must dash, want to get to yoga late afternoon and the sprint starts now. 

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

ocean4dlm
on 2/1/16 7:38 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Trust the process.  Good for you !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Spencerella
on 2/1/16 8:56 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Michelle I can totally relate to the scale insanity and I appreciate your honesty about the crazy thoughts!  I've had every one of them myself many times over, but like you, I choose to do the same thing I do every other day and that's report the data point.  And that's what the number is - a single point of data. Sometimes it's hard to interpret a single point and sometimes it's not.  As time goes on, you will get to know your body better and you may even be able to interpret the numbers better, but likely not always. So keep doing what you need to do and trust that the scale will reveal more over time.  It always does. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Spencerella
on 2/1/16 8:49 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Good morning second family. Scale barely made t back down to 113 but I'm still water deficient so it's understandable. Gotta work on that today. 

Had a lovely day with DH, starting with him making breakfast for us before taking in the RV show and finishing the afternoon dozing on the sofa.  Despite the relaxing day, I had some serious anxiety through the night which required getting up to take something for it. Nevertheless, I have today largely to myself so no pressures to deal with. 

Good thing because my mental energy is low. Think I'll focus on putting something nice together for dinner for us and get a few small chores done. 

Have a good one!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

stephanieplum
on 2/1/16 10:46 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Happy Monday!  My food was in check all weekend but still no real movement from the scale...I saw one of you tell someone else to trust the process and that's what I'm doing :)  Knee is still sore and it's moved to my calf.  Kinda frustrating!  It just means I have to be extra careful with calories. 

Is it bad that I can't wait to eat my afternoon snack of blueberries and yogurt!!!  lol 

I have a meeting after school and then hand bell rehearsal; my usual Monday routine.  Tomr, I am volunteering at the Soup Kitchen.  I really enjoy serving and meet a lot of interesting people.  It grounds me and humbles me at the same time.

Here's wishing I could take a nap...not going to happen though.

Enjoy the rest of the day...

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 12:55 pm

Is it bad that I can't wait to eat my afternoon snack of blueberries and yogurt!!!  lol 

I don't think that's any worse than my nightly yogurt with blueberries, chopped pecans and WHIPPED CREAM! (Yes, it fits in my daily macros!)

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/16 10:46 am

Shel, we have all been there, believe me. I'm so glad you did not listen to your instinct to flee and decided to be accountable and honest with yourself. Such an important step! Brave, too. 

So, in the spirit of full disclosure, I'm up today, too: 203.4. So that's up 1.2 from yesterday. Could be the weekend eating catching up with me, but I don't think so. My calorie levels would not indicate a gain, so it's probably water and a bit of inflammation from a few extra carbs yesterday. 

I spent part of last night prepping a few food items for the week. I made egg bites which I haven't made in several years. They are extremely low carb, but pretty hefty in the fat department. Each little egg bite packs 57 calories (5.1 grams protein, 3.8 grams fat, and .25 grams carbs). I can make them work into my daily macros, so I'm okay with the calorie count. Shoot, better than the Hostess cupcakes one of the kids brought in to share with her classmates today for her SuperKid (student of the week) presentation! Those little gems contain a whopping 270 calories, 6 grams of fat, 27 carbs (20 sugar), and 1 gram of protein. I'm not even slightly tempted by those, but the smell was inviting even so. 

I am still having a lack of hunger in the mornings. I have a full 8 oz of water first thing, then my coffee. I forgot to drink my shake until 10:00 am today and so I didn't bother with with my morning snack. I'll save it for later, should I need it. I'm not sure if this is the low carb thing kicking in, or what. I won't fight it, but it's curious. 

I'm planning a successful week on the food front. I'm going to make roasted cauliflower and broccoli tonight. Haven't done that before, but it was served yesterday at brunch and I'm inspired. 

Positivity for all this week. 

Diane S. - Get out and move today!