VSG Maintenance Group

Monday April 18

Spencerella
on 4/18/16 8:56 am, edited 4/18/16 9:05 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Where is everyone this morning?   Busy busy skinny peeps. 

My scale remains at 113 but my choices have been more carby than usual and I've been feeling a little on edge. There's definitely still anxiety there and it seems to shift from one thing to another.  No big worries but lots of little stuff, none of which should be of concern. 

Another beautiful day here, will definitely venture outside later. Back yard is starting to bloom and patio furniture is all set up to enjoy. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

stephanieplum
on 4/18/16 10:30 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Here I am!!!  We had a glorious weekend planting flowers, a tree and tomato plants.  Dinner with friend one night...I had another "episode" where I thought I was dying!!!  Seriously, whatever this is is very painful and this one was worse than any I've had before.  Horrible stomach pains right underneath the my right breast and in the middle of my breast bone.  This time I felt nauseous and like I was going to pass out.  It always passes and then I'm sore.  This one however lingered... I'm going to have to call the surgeon's office but then what???  I'm back on my PPI just in case.  Anyway, I'm fine now and it sure has not kept me from eating...lol

Busy week and busy day at school.  No hand bells tonight.  We played yesterday morning "If You're Happy and You Know It"  Fun!  We stomped our feet and clapped with mallets:)

Food is fine so far.  Hoping to keep it that way...just for today.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Spencerella
on 4/18/16 11:12 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Hmmm that pain sounds like gallbladder. Do you still have one?

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

stephanieplum
on 4/18/16 11:47 am
VSG on 06/27/12

No gallbladder...that's a story in itself for a later time:)

Paula1965
on 4/18/16 4:07 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

I had thought gallbladder too but remembered you saying you had yours out already. Get it checked out for sure!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

diane S.
on 4/18/16 11:50 am

Hi all you skinnies

Well I am up to 131.5 after a day of sitting on my but playing scrabble and eating yummy hippie food. none of it was terrible - like quinoa casserole and grapes and one small piece of unfrosted pumpkin seed bread.  That and a few glasses of wine.

My mother's care service has officially resigned so we have to make new arrangements and possibly move her to residential hospice. its gonna be tough. At least I have found some very good resources  that are possibilities.     All I really wanna do is go hug puppies.  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Shel25
on 4/18/16 12:09 pm, edited 4/18/16 5:54 am

122 this morning, nicely where I want to be but only thru the grace of the VSG goddess. 

I ate a bunch of extra calories last night after dinner that I am not so proud of.  Was super fatigued (why don't I just go to bed?!) plus, perhaps extra weekend activity is driving head hunger.  I'm not giving up the activity so have to do better on sleep. 

I do give myself some credit for not having junk food in the house tho I have been lingering around donuts, etc at the grocery store so it has been on my mind.

Thankfully, my husband has cut back on processed foods so there was nothing to raid from his cupboard.  Yes, I definitely looked to see what he might have.  (On a side note, why doesn't that man throw out green bread?)

Hit 80 yesterday and will be again today and tomorrow.  So nice not to be miserable with warm weather like I used to be. 

Sounds like a puppy hug would benefit all of us.  (I'm certain that puppies can cure abdominal pain, too)

Onward! 

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

ocean4dlm
on 4/18/16 12:37 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Ohhh... a VSG Goddess !!!!  Never thought to pray to her !!! Back in the low end of my sweet spot. Go a lot of yard work and painting done. Have to see if my trip insurance  will allow me to cancel my trip to LA. I need to take vacation days for Sadie's surgery and I don't have them to do both things. I also don't want to leave her for a week, three weeks after her surgery.  There's also the unexpected cost$$$ of the surgery. Man, some days it's tough being grown up !!

Nothing a wet puppy nose won't fix!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/16 12:56 pm

My "food addict" has been in full drive for a good full week, as I mentioned yesterday. While I was able to maintain a modicum of control throughout the day, by the late afternoon when I sat down to a full two hours of paper grading I "chose" to have a cookie with my coffee at Peet's. That choice, of course, opened Pandora's Box of Gluttony. If any of you have had a full out sugar binge day, you can imagine what ensued and I do not need to go into nitty gritty details. There was moment last night while puttering in the kitchen after having raided the freezer for the pound cake that had been in there for two years, stealthily cutting off thick slices and nuking them for 20 seconds to warm them so that I could secretly eat them in the solitude of the kitchen that I was overcome with the truth of how far I had let this binge cycle go. I knew I had to commit to a detox.

So here I am in full detox mode. I finished my lunch and immediately wanted a sweet carb. Thank goodness I had the strength to NOT eat the chocolate chip cookies one of my students made for me, but instead put them on the table in the teacher's lunch room and had a couple spoonfuls of my stevia sweetened Greek yogurt. (BTW, has anyone figured out how to deal with the horrible bitter aftertaste of Stevia? I'm going back to Splenda if I can figure out how to eliminate that aftertaste. I just hate it!) 

I am also feeling exhausted from the excess sugar or it could be the Zyrtex the nurse has me taking. Turns out the eye thing was not an eye thing after all, but what she classified as a headache. I think she referred to it as an ocular migraine? Not sure. Anyway, getting the antihistamine and some Tylenol (in high dosage) cleared it up. Yesterday, when the Zyrtex wore off, the pain started up all over again. Glad I know what to do with this now. I've had it on and off for a few years and it is really very painful.

I was up to 199 this am. I am grateful that there is still a 1 in the hundred's place. 

Thank you for letting me purge my soul. The truth is freeing. 

stephanieplum
on 4/18/16 1:52 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

If it's any comfort I am detoxing right with you.   I have so far made it through the day with exactly what I am suppose to eat.  When I get home I am having chicken, salad and if I am still hungry cottage cheese and blueberries.  Detox sucks...