VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, April 26th...

Tuesday, April 26th

brownblonde
on 4/26/16 6:55 am

Hi.  Be back

brownblonde
on 4/26/16 7:05 am

159.6 on the scale, so back down to the weight I was 3 days ago.  I guess I should be overjoyed.  But I just feel like I'm really trying, so why after 3 days is my weight the same.  I guess at these lower weights, this is the way it's gonna be.  Good news is that under 160 I'm at a normal bmi (actually, I'm closer to 5'8, so I am probably there even with 2-3 more pounds)

Yesterdays calories were at 1106, 57 carbs and 97g protein.

Even though my calories were a bit higher than I'd like, I think there were several success to be proud of

B:  2 poached eggs

L:  6 oz. grilled chicken and 1 c. grilled zucchini split between 2 eating sessions

S:  skinny cinnamon dolce latte

D:  I knew I was going to go out to watch the thunder game.  And I knew that would be tricky and I didn't have tons of calories to work with.  But I decided to go ahead and first have a tuna packet--I figured even if I still ate the exact same thing I would have without, it's only a 70 calories and 13 g. protein, so it was worth the risk.  But it did its job and I arrived at the pub not too hungry.  I ordered myself a flight of beer (because I figured it's better to get 4 baby beers than 1 big one) and all I ate was a side of green beans which were actually delicious.  I feel really good about all that.  The only thing that I did not plan and slightly regret was a second drink bought for me.  I felt like a heel to turn it down.  

Today I have a lunch meeting (plan:  chicken salad, dressing on the side) and I'm taking my friend back home.  But otherwise it should go pretty smoothly and no more alcohol out!  

Paula1965
on 4/26/16 5:02 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Bravo! You are doing well!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

ocean4dlm
on 4/26/16 7:56 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Good Morning Weather Warriors !!

The plants I started from seed did exceedingly well, growing by leaps and bounds. I "had" to plant them in their raised beds over the weekend.  Sure enough, freezing warning for tonight. I have to stop for heavy plastic and staples on the way home, to protect them as much as possible.  I should have known better...   Sending positive thoughts to everyone else in the path of more violent weather.

Great job, Bonnie!  All you can do is make your best choice , at any given point in time. Sometimes the results don't show immediately, which can be frustrating and discouraging.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the balance between making peace with food, being accepting and gentle with myself to keep from "acting out" on negative emotions AND keeping a firm hand on my options in newbie maintenance.  Having regained 100+ pounds three times prior to surgery, I am an expert at regain.  I am getting better at spotting my disordered thinking the minute it starts to activate. I'm having edema challenges the last couple of days, putting me in at the top of my sweet spot. My stinkin' thinkin' says, "That's not your real weight.  You have room to splurge a bit."  I see and hear what other people are eating and sometimes feel I'm being too rigid and non yielding with myself. Part of me wants to revel in my strict adherence and part of me is afraid that I am pushing myself toward a "breaking point".  So... seeking sustainable balance.

Diane

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Spencerella
on 4/26/16 10:03 am, edited 4/26/16 3:04 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Too rigid?  I don't think so. Personally, I was very careful with my choices during my first year of maintenance and that served me very well. I focused on adding more calories, which certainly doesn't mean more crap!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/16 11:01 am

I would love to know what you would idealize as a sustainable balance in regard to eating. Have you thought it through? Is it feasible? What foods does it include?

I believe sincerely you are following the correct path for now. I wish I had adhered to a much stricter early maintenance plan. Well, actually, I wish I had had a plan of any kind, because I did not. I was also to **** sure to think I needed one, I suppose. Hindsight being what it is and all... 

Go with what is comfortable. Your fear of regain is a reasonable fear and will hopefully serve you well. If you continue to gradually lose you will have to reexamine that fear and the plan you created to honor it. 

momsy55
on 4/26/16 8:13 am - ME

Good morning! 

Bonnie, sounds like you took care of yourself last night, which is always a good thing!  I don't pay too much attention to BMI.  In order to be in a normal BMI range, I have to get to a weight that is very unhealthy for me.  I have an extra large skeletal frame, so even in the obese range, I have bones sticking out in lots of places.  The lowest I should go is still in the overweight range.  Someday, things will shift to focus more on fat to muscle ratio, which is a much better indicator of health than BMI.

Diane, it is always a balancing act - sometimes feels more like juggling, doesn't it!  LOL  You are so diligent at addressing issues as they arise, so I believe you have it in balance!

I made it through my first detox day and am on the second.  I already feel better emotionally, so the fat tapes have quieted down quite a bit, though I know they're still lurking.

I have a bit of a headache, triggered by a co-worker's perfume, so am trying to get through it without meds. However, if it doesn't start to go away soon, I'll be taking ibuprophen, which is the only thing that works for me.  Tonight is dance and I won't be able to go if the headache gets any worse.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Hugs,  Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

stephanieplum
on 4/26/16 9:39 am, edited 4/26/16 3:26 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Balance

Tolerate

Moderation

160.5#  Shooting for the 150's AGAIN and hoping to keep moving...I'm having a hard time, too with dinners and drinks with friends.  If I want to achieve my goal I need to abstain from  alcohol and treats.  On one hand, I don't want to be a fuddy dud and on the other I want to achieve my goal.  So which do I want more.  I've been choosing the latter mostly and look where it's got me.  What I eat or drink shouldn't affect other people one way or another...I'm still the same person without the wine or ice cream!  So, those are my thoughts for today...I've strung  5 days together so far and taking one day at a time. 

I appreciate this group so much. 

Please continue to pray that the Severe weather will dissipate!!!  Schools are releasing students early to be safe.

Lesa

Spencerella
on 4/26/16 9:55 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

TRUTH!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

momsy55
on 4/26/16 10:47 am - ME

Lesa, you're so right about people really not caring if we have the wine or ice cream.  I was always a people pleaser, though, which lends itself to thinking that I have to do certain things.  Trying to change that way of thinking.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180