VSG Maintenance Group

Sunday May 15th

Shel25
on 5/15/16 7:12 am, edited 5/15/16 8:19 am

Good morning, everyone!

122 on the dot!  Up almost 2lbs from yesterday, the tide has shifted which is fine.  

I am going to add a fruit category to MFP.  Last year was easy because I had zero fruit so I didn't struggle with wanting more.  This year, I already see quantities creeping up and hearing whisperings from within that is ok.  I am not concerned about a few healthy portions but rather mega portions or repeated grazing. 

Yesterday, I yoga'd and had lots of steps.  I hope to repeat today.  My average night's sleep is gradually creeping up which is sorely needed. 

Make the most of today!  Devon, I think Ms Pink sounds a lot like my Buster.   Even as a puppy one could see his big personality blazing thru. His conformation is, shall we say, unique.  

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Spencerella
on 5/15/16 8:24 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

112 today. Off to the mountains with Violet.  Our fat cat Bailee has been practicing riding in Mickey. Lots of laughs at his expense but he's doing quite well. 

Have an awesome day, all!!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Paula1965
on 5/15/16 8:56 am
VSG on 04/01/15

A few hours into the 9 hour drive home. Already ate my Quest bar for mid morning snack. So far butt is tolerating the ride but I bet not for long. Another day of no exercise. Glad I got a good one in yesterday. Have not done yoga in weeks. My balance is going to be way off.

Back to the grind tomorrow. May have to work an extra day this week too. We are down almost 2 staff people right now and have some new ones to get trained. Fun days ahead. 

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

diane S.
on 5/15/16 11:02 am

Greetings Gluttonfree Gurus

130.5 today. Headed in the right direction.  So want to see the 120's. Not much planned today except to keep chopping weeds away from the house so the siding can continue. Hubby bought me some new pruners that are supposed to be gentle on people with arthritic hands. 

Not sure what day we will get puppy or even which one we get. Miss Peach sounds like the showy one. My Chip had a few faults but was always happy and showy and thought the whole dog show was for him.  Helped him win more than once. 

Shel, by all means add fruit. My surgeon is not keen on it but I ate grapes during weight loss. They satisfied sweet tooth and are filling and very low calorie. a cheese stick and some grapes make a great lunch.Hubby eats a lot of berries. He even grows strawberries.  I find apples to be extremely filling. Can't eat a whole one but a few slices are one of the things that makes you feel really full. Forget bananas.  I eat about one per year. Ditto oranges. Too much sugar.

Shrimp and green beans last night. Probably the same tonight as the shrimp don't keep. Neither of us seem to care that much whats for dinner. There is a bag of hershey kisses in the drawer that I forget about.  On the other hand, there is that jar of peanut butter . . . . .

Will take 15 year old Liza for a two block walk today. Then I will put her in the doggie stroller and push her around the neighborhood. So cute. 

Diane S.

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

ocean4dlm
on 5/15/16 12:11 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

128.6. Doing my thinking in my blog. Lots of walking today... have all of the plants and buds back in plastic for tonight's frost.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/16 4:13 pm

Wonderful blog post. You've done a great deal of thinking. I like that you know what you are not willing to do. That's good. The idea of finding something that offers you a compromise you can live with sounds perfect to me! You have this. I know you do! 

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/16 4:20 pm

Up a pound just on account of because, I suppose. Food was fine, so that's not it. Could be water retention from intense workout Friday. Maybe I'm back to my workout pattern (Heavy workout Friday, then up in weight Saturday and Sunday - sometimes Monday, too.) 

Busy, busy weekend. Too much grooming. Not enough sleep. I tried. I really did! Puppies even cooperated - until 6:30 am. Then they just let loose. I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee and fading. LOL! 

Tomorrow I promised myself I would log a full day and gauge what needs to change to lose a few pounds. I believe that even though I'm not eating any sugar, my carbs are still a bit high for me personally to lose weight efficiently. 

stephanieplum
on 5/15/16 4:57 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

163.3#. I'm down almost a pound.  One glass of wine; no dessert.  Thank you  Linda!!

I need the accountability that this group provides. Even if we don't agree I know advice and thoughts are given because we truly care about each other.  We all have common goals and that's to be healthy and keep the weight off.  Our journeys are different but that's where the learning is.  I hope that I have never offended and if I have I apologize.

Andy and I had a lovely day yesterday touring the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, shopping and Sushi for dinner. Today, church, grocery shopping, laundry and relaxing.

It's a brand new week...I'm ready!!!  

Lorna...thinking about you!