VSG Maintenance Group

Tuesday, May 31st

Paula1965
on 5/31/16 4:27 am, edited 5/31/16 4:38 am
VSG on 04/01/15

126.4. 1590 calories (615 junk) 205 carbs, 51 fat and 103 protein. Horrible day of eating yesterday as evidenced by the junk category. Part of it was "Holiday" eating and part of it was stress eating. I really never considered myself a stress eater, but I am beginning to realize that I can be! Son #1 is having troubles again and making life very difficult for the rest of the family - exploding, starting arguments, trying to guilt trip me as a parent, threatening to go live at a friend's house and he even threw a gate that we use to block the dogs off from the upstairs down the stairs last night - generally being a PITA! I baked cookies last night which surprised the rest of family since we just don't do baked goods much anymore and my middle son said "Mom, are you stress baking?" I hadn't thought of that, but he was right - I was stress baking (and eating!). Thankfully my exercise was good yesterday, 60 minutes of trail walking and 14,755 steps (walking the parade helped that).

Today will be better! Have a good one friends!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

momsy55
on 5/31/16 5:06 am - ME

Good morning! Weight the same, though eating was good yesterday.  I need to start tracking calories and carbs better, as I think a few extra snuck in yesterday - right for maintenance, but not necessarily for losing.

Oh Paula!  Stress eating is the pits and most of us do fall into it.  I'm finding I'm able to get through the huge things, like when my dad died, but the day to day stressors seem to do me in more.  I feel for you with your son.  My oldest can be just as explosive and difficult, especially during PMS (she has undiagnosed PMDD, I'm positive of).  She's actually on birth control, and uses an essential oils blend for PMS, which has helped tone down the scenes, but they are exhausting and stressful for all of us.  The most recent one was during recital week.  I was a mess that night and though I was able to get through without turning to the food, things were dancing in my head.  I hope you can do something nice for yourself today to take care of you!  Sending big hugs!

Have a great Tuesday all!  Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

stephanieplum
on 5/31/16 5:28 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Good Morning!!!  

Paula, I am so sorry you're have a hard time right now.  Hang in there!

Shel, I hope you are catching up on your sleep.

Mary, I hope you're feeling better!

Linda, I'm going to live through you and Rob on your RV travels.  Take pictures!

Devon, Are the puppies out of the bedroom?  Hope you're rested.

Diane, Tesla sounds like fun!!! We need new pictures.

Diane O., Hope your trip gave you what you needed. Sounded lovely!

Bonnie, Hope you're having fun on vacation!

160.2# It flashed 159:)  Yay!!!

Lots of cleaning yesterday in closets and in bathroom cabinets. (Two bags of clothing and such that we haven't used in a couple of years- gone) We also mowed our yard and our neighbor's yard. I alway do deep summer cleaning. Today, I will do our bedroom and our vehicles need it, too!  I also have to ck out today at school and then I'm really done!  Laundry might need to happen but not out of undies, yet!

Have a fabulous day!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/16 9:50 am

Indeed they are! Sleep was delicious last night! 

carbondated
on 5/31/16 6:09 am

Morning everyone.

so very sorry for upsetting family times.  Very very difficult.

stress baking ,hit me right in the stomach/mouth/pocketbook as that in a nutshell is what I do.  Did last night.   Good call.

calories 1129 and steps remain woefully sad, only 7655.  

Enjoy Tuesday.

Shel25
on 5/31/16 6:39 am

Paula, I am sorry to hear Son#1 is having problems again.  What turmoil for all involved.  I love that your middle son called out stress baking, tho!  Pretty insightful for a teenage boy.

Slow flow yoga and a zillion steps, yesterday.  Over 8 hours sleep last night.  Today will be a bigger challenge because we get home pretty late because of violin.  I am seriously considering canceling it to give my sleep priority.

Happy Day after 3 day holiday!  It's gonna be a busy one!

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Spencerella
on 5/31/16 8:22 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Happy Tuesday!  I'm at 113 and had a better food day yesterday. It's so much tougher when I'm in a hurry and don't have much in hand. Need to remedy that today by going grocery shopping. Also, yard work has moved to the topic the agenda, with house cleaning following closely behind. If we get the yard done today, the house will be tomorrow's task. I have a friend who said laundry isn't a priority for her until the day she has no clean underwear. That's kinda what things are like for me right now!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/16 9:51 am

Your friend needs to meet Ron. Doing laundry is a genetic compulsion in his family. Our machine never seems to get a day off!

Spencerella
on 5/31/16 8:23 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Stress baking - I hate it when our kids call our bull**** lol

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/16 9:55 am

'Ello Mates!

Yesterday was the day for puppy transitions. Puppies got a new huge pen in the living room. (I shake my head when I think about it, but it is the life of a dog person!) Went to Home Depot and got a piece of sheet vinyl measuring 12'X8'. Made the pen enclosure 10X7. Puppies are happy with all the room. I did wake up for a moment around 5:00 am to hear some whining, but fell right back to sleep. Had a good night sleep - 6+ hours! YAY! The additional sleep has put a bounce in my step and a feeling of lightness in my being. I am feeling more positive and have a strength of character I've not felt in a while.

Since I am committed to transparency, I must disclose that I am coming off a 3 day "binge". Binge, crap eating, whatever you want to call it. Perhaps Sugar Fest is a more apt description.

Bought a new scale yesterday. (Opened the guts of the old one and saw the damage a little puppy pee did. Corroded the battery contacts beyond salvaging!) Okay, so how's this for insane, disordered thinking? -  I'm standing in the store hemming and hawing over the scale that I think is best and has decent ratings, but can't commit because it only reads in .2 increments and I'm accustomed to .1 increments and for some weird reason that tenth of a friggin' pound seems important. I mean, really? If that doesn't point to disordered thinking I don't know what does. I've been eating crap calories galore for three days straight, have not weighed or measured a thing I've eaten in a week, but I NEED to weigh myself in .1 pound increments???? That makes about as much sense as not eating an apple because the carbs are too high, but not thinking twice about eating a big ole chocolate chip cookie when the mood strikes!

New scale works too well, I'm afraid. Up three glorious pounds over the long weekend. Hope some of it's water, but given the Sugar Fest, maybe not. 

Oh, along with the new scale I purchased a (drum roll, please.....) SQUATTY POTTY! Hoping it helps on those hard to "produce" days. LOL! Hey, it's worth a try, right? 

Food for the day has already been doled out and logged on Livestrong. Now, I only need to stick to it.

For me today shall be a Tenacious Tuesday!