VSG Maintenance Group

Friday, June 3rd

Shel25
on 6/3/16 5:33 am

Happy Friday!

124.0 today. 

Gotta run for now. 

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

ocean4dlm
on 6/3/16 6:09 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Good Morning !!   TGIF !!!

Ended up seeing my PCP yesterday for a suspected fissure in a skin fold in 5" + above anus.  She cultured what she characterized as a wound, and prescribed initial ointment and Tucks until culture is back.  She also thinks I might get a good portion of a lower body lift covered, as the skin fold is so substantial, that getting this wound to heal and keeping it from recurring could become an issue.  The documentation begins !!

127.6 still today.  Forgot to start measuring legs last night.  Have enjoyed all of the scale stories and the antics we all use to get one form of accurate data.

May today bring everybody success and peace with their food, activity, mother, puppy, sleep, and travel plans !!!!

Diane

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

carbondated
on 6/3/16 6:33 am

Sorry for the fissure.  

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/16 10:30 am

OUCH! I feel your pain. Been there done that. It hurt like a son of a gun! I do not have true folds in that area, just a little sagginess so it stays a bit damp when I'm overly warm. Not enough to warrant PS for medical necessity. Though Kaiser lost a class action law motion and now has to cover PS for medical reasons after WLS. That will be a huge plus for successful SMO WLS patients. 

carbondated
on 6/3/16 6:31 am

A Very difficult week comes to an end.  Have not eaten my way through it except for yesterday had a very large cookie to the tune of 350 calories.  However still stayed below 1,000

steps only 6999.

hope that Mom situation works out.

onwards,  always onwards.

Paula1965
on 6/3/16 10:10 am
VSG on 04/01/15

127.6 - up a little over a pound and very deserved though I think at least some of it is water weight from salty snacks yesterday. Calories were high, carbs were high, junk category was high - don't have exact numbers - for the first time (I think) I just stopped counting as the day went from bad to no better! In reality though, I am sure calories were still under 2,000 which wouldn't have touched a pre-VSG "bad" day! So far today no calories from the junk category!

Diane - good news on possibly getting the LBL at least partially covered - fissures suck though - big ouch!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

diane S.
on 6/3/16 10:42 am

Greetings great skinny peeps.  

Well life lurches on in my crazy world. Carbon sorry you also had week from hell.  It seems to be contagious.

Sister in law is still in hospital and her jerk husband still out of town. Phone beeping constantly with texts from other sisters. Michael is up taking care of sister's cat. Sister has gotten some pain relief but is still in pretty bad shape. Don't think she will be leaving hospital anytime soon and when she does they will probably send her to a rehab center.

Still ups and downs at my mom's. More calls to make and inquiries to make. 

But hey guess what? I am at an even 130.

Hubby is nagging me to get up early all the time but I want to stay in bed and hide from all these problems. But the house siders show up and start banging on the walls so that gets me up.  Wild puppy keeps us hopping. She now wants to chew her way to China. 

Stay well and sane everyone.  Tough orders I know but I am doing it.  Time for more coffee and then get on the phone.  Diane s. 

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

momsy55
on 6/3/16 11:23 am - ME

Hi All!  Down .2 to 202.3.  I ate dinner out last night, per daughter's request (restaurant her boyfriend works in).  I had 3-4 fried mushrooms and got chicken parm with salad.  Skipped the pasta and croutons, but ate almost 1/2 of the chicken, with all it's breading.  I was sure the scale would be up.  The rest of the day was fairly low in calories and carbs, which may have offset it, OR, most likely, it will show up tomorrow.  Today has been ok, though I did a couple of protein bars for breakfast as I was running off to a long meeting.  Had a healthier lunch.

My heart goes out to you Carbon, for having such a rough week.  Hang in there!

Diane, I don't blame you for wanting to pull the covers up.  Good for you that you were able to do what was needed and keep food in its place!

Diane O - good luck with the pursuit of PS!

Have a good rest of TGIF!

Hugs, Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/16 11:39 am

204 on the money today.

Hmmmm.... I guess my late and salty dinner decided to stick around for morning weigh in. Oh, well.... My eating was on point for the entire day, except that I ate some of Ron's very salty fries with my bun-less 3oz burger.

Today is National Doughnut Day. LORDY, LORDY the doughnuts abound! We school people must celebrate each and every food holiday there is, don't you know!?!?!

We are having the 4th or 5th day in a row of 95 degree plus heat. I like it! The plants, not so much!

I am administrative designee today and got to deal with an out of control special ed student. Poor guy was explosive and out of control. He is a SMO 4th grader (sad) with a lot of power in his big body. He lashed out and kicked the holy crap out of my right leg. It was sore for quite some time. Even broke the skin of my shin with the sole of his sneaker. I kept reminding myself that what he was feeling was real to him. It's the only way I could maintain my composure. 

I am choosing not to focus on weight loss this weekend (today and tomorrow). Several food oriented events today and tomorrow. Instead I am focusing on maintaining control, keeping sugar to a bare minimum (if any at all) and maintaining my weight for the next two days. 

I am also excited that I will be opening myself up to a new experience this weekend. As you all know since the puppies came my life has been a bit hectic and less grounded than I would like it to be. I will be spending some time on Sunday meditating and focusing on what I want to fix or heal within and open myself up and be receptive to allow that to happen. This will be a sort of letting go for me as I am a self-proclaimed control freak.

Enjoy your weekend.

stephanieplum
on 6/3/16 1:33 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

160.2# Trusting the process...All is well in my world!