VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, June 19th -...

Sunday, June 19th - Happy Father's Day!

Paula1965
on 6/19/16 4:30 am, edited 6/19/16 4:33 am
VSG on 04/01/15

125.4. Weight has been fairly steady. Food decent yesterday and I got in over 15,000 steps. It was a beautiful day! Today will be nice out too but most of it will be spent in a car taking son #1 to choir camp. It is 4 hours each way!

Happy Father's Day (even if you "just" have furbabies and grandbabies)!

One more wee****il vacation! Only 3 more work days!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

carbondated
on 6/19/16 7:11 am

Paula congratulations on the steps and safe travels.

well yesterday was interesting but through it all did not turn to food for solace.

One of the things I volunteer at is a thrift store which is run by a well known faith based organization.    My little job is to price pottery and porcelain goods befor they go out onto the floor.    We are all rank amateurs although a number of the volunteers have been there for years and have a good sense of price.   When I started was told to look up things on eBay, kijiji, Craig's list,  etc take an average and depending on the condition put a fair price on the item as the idea is to not only honour the item ,but also the donor and be good for the purchaser.  

Sooooooo.  A very lovely set of well known China came in.   I did the research, put, after talking with a more senior volunteer, a price and put it out on the floor.    Oh my goodness, a customer came in and asked to look at the set (the more expensive stuff is locked away in a glass case for obvious reasons).  They took strips off of me re:  the price. 'It was way too high, what authority did I have, when they go to xxxxxx there is a thrift store that is run by the nicest people and they could probably could get the same set for a quarter of the price, the price was simply outrageous  etc etc and the implication was that skullduggery was the obvious modus operandi of the store.     

Not a satisfied customer for sure.

So calories were 1044 ,  steps only 9888.  But heartbeats during the tirade, uncountable.

And oh, yesterday a close friend went to a funeral.  She was a classmate of the widow  Th widow has had a most dreadful life however she and her husband had just celebrated their 50th.    So it is a huge crowd, the bar was opened in the hall where the function was held, the Pastor had done his thing, and there was an open mike.   A relative of the deceased got up and said that he was going to speak to his now dead relative as they spoke to each other in life.  He opened his mouth to a tirade of vitriol and swear words.  And a number of people started cheering him on.     Goodness.   She said she left there shaking.   

An interesting day for sure.

Shel25
on 6/19/16 9:14 am

people are scary 

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Shel25
on 6/19/16 9:31 am

120.7 today

Recitals yesterday were lovely.  My daughter has the most beautiful smile when she is in a ballet piece.  (There seems to be a rule that one must look serious/anxious for contemporary.)  Between shows, we went for dinner and a man came up and said that he had been at a show and recongized DD.  He said that she was "one that the whole family enjoyed watching."  How thrilling for my daughter and just a boost of confidence she sorely needs. 

I yoga'd and was able to get more steps yesterday in than I had planned.  Today, I am all about Father's Day and getting ready for the trip.  If my daughter wants, we will paddleboard yoga today but she has two more finals in the coming days and is exhausted from recital week.  

Food planning is never far from my mind.  This is not new, I remember thinking about this when my age was in single digits.  This week, I want to eat deliberately so that I go into vacation lower in my target range.  

I am also planning food for vacation.  We will be in and out of Anchorage at least a couple of times and there are plenty of familiar grocery stores (and Costco) in and around there.  Still, I plan on packing a few foods that I find VSG friendly but aren't always available everywhere.  These aren't exciting things, for example, one is Bran Buds! -- a few items from Trader Joes.  And, of course, Miralax which is would be available in Anchorage but I am afraid that I will forget to buy it and then will be in a real bind (HA!) in Denali National Park.  I got to be nimble to run from bears. 

Stay nimble my friends, 

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

diane S.
on 6/19/16 9:53 am

Greetings from Puppy Central

130 on the dot today. Feels good. 

The fur baby is asleep for the moment.  She is really into ice cubes now and its so funny but it keeps her occupied and the supply is endless. Hubby is walking Chip and its a peaceful moment. Old girl dog is always on patrol in case the puppy leaves some food some where. The house siders will be back tomorrow so I should appreciate the quiet.

Not much to say on the food front. I need to get in more exercise but chasing the puppy counts. Food has not been too much of a battle lately and thats saying a lot due to recent stressful events.  But wine is another matter and I am cutting back on that.

Have a great fathers day all.

Ooooh, trip to Denali, how wonderful. I went there many years ago for just a day trip. Spectacular and the mountain even peeked out. But bears, oh boy were there.  Be safe. 

My friend is into astrology and she says after the summer solstice or whatever it is, that life will calm down. we shall see.

Congrats to your dancer daughter!  She has fans. So nice to be appreciated.    Diane S.

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Neesie57
on 6/19/16 11:46 am
VSG on 08/04/15

138.4 today, so still under my goal of 140.

Maintenance is going to be stressful for a few weeks until I figure out the best way to approach this whole new me.  I've added about 50 calories a day this week, and am staying the same, so am a little worried that I will stay at 750-800 calories a day forever.  I need to see how this plays out.

Devon, I hope that your beautiful girl is doing well, and the lumpectomies are healing well.  Happy Father's day to you!

Paula, I have been trying to get in at least 12,000 steps each day, and already have 12,500 for today.  I had 25,000 on Monday, but can't spend THAT much time walking each day, or I would never have time for anything else.  

Diane, it's almost over for the year.  Enjoy your time off, you are going to love it.

We have a Father's Day celebration to go to today, so need to be mindful in my eating at someone else's house. I never want to get over 140 again, so need to work hard to keep myself in check.  It's about the company, not the food, right?

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Paula1965
on 6/19/16 12:07 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Nice to see you posting Neesie. I hit goal in December and am still trying to figure out my perfect calorie level. I actually don't believe it will be a static number but rather a range that is somewhat influenced by my activity that day and my macroson, especially if I have much sugar or other crap.

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!