VSG Maintenance Group

Sunday, July 3

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/16 9:34 am

Really? This is just so wrong, but here I am the first to post again today. Carbon, I hope you are alright!

I am up another .8 today. I had a rather good food day yesterday, so I'm going to point my finger at being sore from my workout on Friday. Sore=water retention, so it's all good, right?

I started a conversation with Ron yesterday about food. It was short, but informative. The main issue is that he has no idea really how to eat to lose weight. He has spent so, so many years just eating as he pleased with no repercussions on his weight that this is pretty scary territory. Ron is convinced that if he stops eating bread, he will lose weight. Today will be the calorie, the simple carbs vs. complex carbs, and fat to protein ratios in meats talks. (Ron considers breakfast sausage a protein. I consider it a fat!)

He confessed yesterday that he was only able to squeeze in one pair of dress pants yesterday for church. And it was definitely a squeeze. I am also thinner than he is around the middle. I think that he has always identified as the thin one in the relationship and me fitting into medium shirts and 34" waist pants (which used to be his sizes) while he is wearing XL shirts and 38-40" waist pants is a hard pill to swallow.

I am having a few twinges of wanting to "Last Supper" before Tuesday. I find this a bit alarming because I have been really quite on track this week since getting back from Long Beach, except for my nightly sugar dose. I've lost a few pounds am feeling pretty positive, so I'm curious from where those feelings stem. Now that I think about it, I'm willing to bet it is because I am pushing myself to log and track calories beginning Tuesday. That always triggers some feelings of deprivation.

Got a foot reflexology massage yesterday. Ahhhhh.... so nice. I have two dogs this morning, then will have some lunch and hit the gym. We are planning on taking in a movie tonight, too. Tomorrow is the breakfast with my dad, his lady friend, my brother, nephew and Ron. It is a family tradition now that we all live in the same town. Fireworks viewing, picnic, etc... still needs some planning. Will hopefully get that worked out today.

Chatted with Mary (Momsy) via messenger this weekend. She is uber busy at work and stressed, but doing well. She said she'll post here soon.

Have a Super Sunday Slim ones!

ocean4dlm
on 7/3/16 10:01 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

135 even... a totally unwarranted jump so I'm going to log it and keep on plan and see what tomorrow looks like. I had a morning of outdoor work and steamed some fresh beets from my garden to have with lunch. Wonderful !!! I'll take a walk, then some pool time.

Thanks for the update on Mary. Has anyone heard from Lorna or Bonnie ?

Have a great day !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Spencerella
on 7/3/16 11:18 am, edited 7/3/16 4:21 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Good morning friends! I think the scale told me 113 but not sure now? Still trying to establish routines associated with this new lifestyle. Feeling a bit out of sorts but I trust routines will come in time.  

We had a glorious day of riding yesterday.  I repeatedly found myself smiling inside my helmet! We took a spectacular road with hundreds of twisties, which is where me n' Violet really shine.  Even DH was impressed.

A few pics from yesterday. Can't add them to this post. Bailee in his new fav spot under the bed. An 8 week old Sheltie on the way to his forever home. Met him while we were waiting for a ferry.   Marshmallow fields!

Today we are going to take a shorter ride over what should be a very pretty route. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

ocean4dlm
on 7/3/16 1:31 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Glad things are looking up !  You are sounding grounded and excited !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Spencerella
on 7/3/16 11:21 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

diane S.
on 7/3/16 11:38 am

Greetings dear people

Well, the day I start this post will be a strange day indeed as I usually sleep late.  A lazy retired person.

Dog show yesterday was fun.  Puppy is an amusing terror. In love with her pink kong toy and also spending lots of time outside since the siders are not here. 

Will go to friends house tomorrow. I will take the cheese crisps that everyone loves from Frisco's recipe. Gotta go to the store and pre fourth its probably a zoo. 

Isn't it interesting Kairk how some adults have no clue about weight control? As a fat kid, I knew how many calories were in most things by the 5th grade! I knew what I should not eat but just craved sweets. But as a kid, I would eat anything like spinach, brussle sprouts and smoked oysters! 

They have fireworks over the bay here so its a double dose due to the reflection in the water. We are such old people we usually watch on tv. 

Have gotten SIL's craft supplies pretty well sorted out and earmarked for people. 

Glad you chatted with Momsy.  We need to keep our peeps close. 

Stay the course dear ones.  Diane S.

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

diane S.
on 7/3/16 11:40 am

Love the pics Linda. Thanks for posting. Bet you and Violet cut a snazzy figure.  diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

stephanieplum
on 7/3/16 12:08 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

158.5#  I'm grateful to be back here.  

We had a great day yesterday sight seeing and hiking a bit at Robbers Cave State Park.  I hope to go back and stay in a cabin and see more.  They have paddle boats, too.

Today we had a wonderful church service then shopped at Walmart.  Relaxing now. 

Hi!! Mary, Lorna and Bonnie...come back when you can.  You are missed.

Happy Sunday!

Paula1965
on 7/3/16 2:59 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

I would have been the first to post but cable and Internet were out and just came back on. Big brush fire on MauI shut down power, closed off some highways and evacuated some areas. We were safe but the area we are staying at coming Tuesday is the area that was evacuated. I think all should be well by then.

Another hour + walk this morning with the equivalent of 48 flights of steps. I'm feelin' the burn in my buns! Have not done any boot camp or other weight training since we left so today I'm starting counter pushups and chair dips to try to keep my arms buff!

Eating hasn't been great, but much better then it would have been pre VSG. Too many calories, carbs and sweets. I'm not going to sweat it though. I can concentrate on the food choices more after we get home. 

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Neesie57
on 7/3/16 3:41 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Wow, I feel like I've been away for a long time, so much has happened while I was gone.  Even though my hubby and I had a wonderful vacation, it's always good to be home, with my own bed and my sweet dogs.  We stayed in 4 different hotels in 8 days, and not all of the beds were comfy, so I couldn't wait to sleep at my own home.  We went from Eugene, Oregon, to Portland Oregon, to Las Vegas, to Parker Arizona.  From cool weather to extremely hot weather, which we happily left, to make our way back to Orange County, CA.

I was afraid to weigh myself on Saturday, but was pleasantly surprised to have only gained 2 pounds.  My eating was OK, but I did eat more carbs than I normally would have.  It was after all, a vacation, and I do allow a little "cheating" while I'm gone.  As of this morning, I am again under my goal of 140, at 139.5.  This week is going to be all about detoxing from carbs and getting back on track. I would love to be closer to 135, to give me some leeway.

Tomorrow will be difficult as we are going to a BBQ at a friend's house.  I'm taking food that I can eat, and will hope for a protein forward meal to make it easy.  BBQ'd meat should be good for everyone.

This maintenance phase of my life is not going to be easy, so I'll be leaning on y'all for help, advice and support.  Thank you for your knowledge and your willingness to share it with me and everyone else on this board.  

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!