VSG Maintenance Group

July 5th. Tuesday

carbondated
on 7/5/16 5:17 am

morning birthday girl and travellers AND walkers.  Admire your steps temendously.

first totally sugar free day for quite awhile and it feels good to be able to say that. 

Last of the visitors left and getting the dwelling back in order.  

Soooo food ok and steps , well, sort of good, 6,745.   

Enjoy this Tuesday.

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/16 9:46 am

Goodness. Unlike Carbon, my day was not sugar free. My sugar intake was all planned, so I'm okay with it, but I am feeling the repercussions this morning - puffy fingers and a bit foggy and the scale reflected my choices.The grand total of 24 oz of water yesterday is probably adding to the situation. Oh, well, so be it.

There is a little cartoon that was going around Facebook that stated a bit tongue in cheek that the 4th is the a great holiday because it's the only holiday where it's acceptable to eat high cholesterol and crap food and blow "**** up" in the sky! While I didn't think I over did, I guess I ate enough of the refined carb, sugar, and salty food later in the day to wreak a little havoc. Onward, and no regrets here. Just putting it out there for honesty and accountability. 

Today is the day Ron and I have chosen to really get on track food wise. I am all hepped up and ready to go. Not so sure about him. We shall see how it goes. 

Not too much going on today. Client later in the day. Will do one book shelf in the office (only have three left and then that summer project will be complete). Have a little planting to do and will hit the gym at some point. 

Gotta go and eat some protein! 

Shel25
on 7/5/16 10:33 am

Hello Peeps!

I had a bun yesterday with a bit of pulled pork in it.  It was slathered with mayo.  I don't think I have have had a bun in over two years but I decided when an 85 year Alaska gal hands you a sandwich "so you don't have to buy one in town" then you take it with gratitude.  This lady is my old Peace Corp buddy's mom.  I was with them yesterday again at the family cabin. 

What I really wanted was a hunk of grilled halibut because Homer IS the halibut capital of the world.  But,  I was unable to source just a hunk of meat and refuse to pay for an entire meal.  I will continue my quest today. 

Too much fruit in my diet.  I was going to cut back today but just polished off Rainier cherries because they were going to be eaten sometime so why not this morning?  So much rationalization. 

Anyway, on to Seward today which is very much a tourist town so we will fit right in.  Still getting a fair amount of steps in. 

I miss knowing my daily weight.  I feel rudderless. 

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Spencerella
on 7/5/16 1:13 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I love halibut too!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

stephanieplum
on 7/5/16 12:39 pm, edited 7/5/16 6:39 am
VSG on 06/27/12

159.8# I'm back in...BodyFlow, stair master, elliptical and a session with my trainer.  She's going on vacation for the rest of the week so I'm on my own.  Andy and I cleaned vehicles when I got home.  So, I think I am done for the day except for my women's meeting this evening.

Proud of Andy...he has upped his exercise to 45 minutes on the elliptical.  He is sure trying and that helps me.  I'm thinking I need to cut calories as I am flip flopping for about 3 weeks.  I feel like I already eat so little... Whiney Baby coming out here.  

Hope everyone has a great day...

Spencerella
on 7/5/16 12:51 pm, edited 7/5/16 5:52 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

112 approximation again today. Boy did I eat a lot of crap food yesterday. Birthday, right?  We had a relaxed fun day together but no riding due to rain.  DH let me shave off his beard as a gift.  So happy about that!

Still raining today but we took the truck up to Salmon Arm to meet some Calgary friends who were motorcycling through. We're heading south tomorrow to one of our fav places - Osoyoos, which is at the northern tip of the Sonoran Desert. Hoping to ride while DH and kitty drive.  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

cappy11448
on 7/5/16 12:54 pm

I have been struggling to lose the 5 pounds I gained last winter while cruising to New Zealand, and I finally succeeded.  But it took a long time!  I kept trying to lose while still eating carbs.  As if I didn't know better, but my mind was trying to make it ok to eat carbs.  Then I had to cut back from 4 meals a day to three.  Once I did both of these, I lost the weight in about a month. 

It surprises me how much my head can justify eating things that I know I shouldn't.  This maintenance isn't easy. 

But for today, I'm back to 161, and eating right.  Let's hope it continues.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Paula1965
on 7/5/16 1:42 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Moving day on Maui. We leave our first condo and go to another on on a different part of the Island. Want to experience different areas to see where we might want to live when we retire.

Had a great eating day yesterday unail evening hit. Had left over calories so splurged big time on a coconut pineapple ice cream in a waffle cone. It was divine. Then we had surprise pu pu's on our boat to see the fireworks from the ocean. I didn't have many but it doesn't take much to do some damage. I was still under 2,000 calories for the day, maybe even under 1,800 I can't remember. 

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Neesie57
on 7/5/16 3:21 pm, edited 7/5/16 8:21 am
VSG on 08/04/15

139.2 today.  Still under goal, but closer to it than I want to be.  Need to get down to 135 to feel more comfortable.

Yesterday's eating wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I was close to 1,000 calories, and right now I should be at around 800 each day to stabilize. I got up today and walked to my doctor's office for a blood test, then walked to a local lunch place to meet my husband.  We then walked home from there, the long way around.  When all was said and done, I walked 5 full miles and have 13,600 steps, which makes me very happy.  I should have 16,000 or more steps in before bed tonight.

Carbon, it sound like you have having a wonderful time in the great state of Alaska.  I've been there 3 times on cruises, but have never done any hiking, because I was not healthy enough to do any hiking at the time.  Me thinks we need to go back sometime and do what you're doing.

Linda, your adventure also sounds like a great trip, and you have many adventures ahead of you.  Please keep us apprised of everything you are seeing and doing.  Someday, my hubby and I need to take a 6 month tour of the USA in a trailer or motorhome.  

Paula, enjoy the rest of your time in paradise. It's one of my favorite places on Earth, and we can't wait to go back next year.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

diane S.
on 7/5/16 3:46 pm

hi, weight warriors

well i sort of pigged it on the fourth and it showed up today at 132. But fortunately I have been running errands all over the place and carrying lots of boxes and have to go down and begin setting my art show up tonight. Can't wait to see how it looks all set up and lit instead of piled all over the living room.

Puppy is  a hoot. Acts more and more like her dad every day. 

Dr. apt today. my BP had been up (i am positive due to stress) but it was 111/77 today so he was happy.  The stress stuff is still there. But I can't fix crazy.   

Got some interesting soups from Safeway today for something different for dinner. Got the car bumper guard fixed - so small town the guy didn't even want to charge me so I gave him a $20.  

Fitbit has a dead battery (at least I hope thats it) so no step counts for me today.  Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/