VSG Maintenance Group

Friday, July 22nd

Paula1965
on 7/22/16 3:39 am
VSG on 04/01/15

127 ON THE DOT. Good day eating yesterday with only 80 calories in the "junk" category - 16 ghirardelli chips! Did boot camp but it kicked my butt yesterday and I wasn't able to do it all. A little sore today.

Work early, will go out for fish tonight (I think) and then kayaking tomorrow. Should be fun!

Have a Fabulous Friday Friends!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Spencerella
on 7/22/16 7:25 am, edited 7/22/16 12:30 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I was in such a rush to get to the camp laundromat that I forgot to weigh!  Had a slight food related lapse when I got home late last night, undoubtedly as a way to soothe myself after riding home in the dark. 

A long but good day yesterday - took a fast 'super slab' ride about 2.5 hours north to get Violet properly serviced, then a day of errands and a quick dinner with DD before picking Violet up and returning south - phew!  

Today, I'm preparing here at our campsite for DH family visitors. Hence, the early rise.  Can hardly believe we've been in the RV for a month now!  

Here's one of many pics of the blooming canola fields we had the pleasure to see last evening!  Yup, trespassed and rode Violet right into one! This is when it pays to be Canadian because the likelihood of getting shot is nil. Sorry couldn't resist that jab. Lol. Also had a huge moon with me for ride home. These are special and unforgettable times on a motorcycle. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Spencerella
on 7/22/16 7:26 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Paula1965
on 7/22/16 1:17 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Beautiful!!!!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 7/22/16 9:04 am

Happy Friday!

Yesterday was ok for food.  Steps, of course, are shockingly absent for the most part.  I did uber to an appointment with my MIL and her PCP.  I know that dementia is a sad, progressive disease.  I am just not prepared to watch.  Neither are her 2 sons or husband.  I think that is how I ended up being the one at the appointment.  It was a long appointment and both MIL and I were pretty whooped afterward. 

I pulled out the pain pump yesterday because it was empty and the good doc said that I could do it myself. 10/10 creepy but 0/10 painful.  I will see the surgeon today for follow up.  I think things are going ok tho I am missing that little pump.

Enjoy the day!  Had no idea that canola fields were so pretty!

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

LeapSecond
on 7/22/16 9:51 am - AR

Wt 219.8 down 1  Cal 1203   Craving**** hard yesterday.  Did some grazing but not on nuts & yogurt so it is still a win. I did buy two single portions of yogurt for my wife.  It is a brand she likes and I don't so I really don't think I'll have any trouble with viewing it as off limits.    

Paula love the quote from Buddha.  It is now part of my screen saver folder.  16 chips. I admire your control.  

Kairk when I'm in a downward trend I have real trouble staying off the scales.  I do try to limit to no more than twice a day.  I stay off of them, sadly, when I trend upward. This forum is making me more accountable on that.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/16 10:01 am, edited 7/22/16 3:02 am

Parts of yesterday are a blur - I do not remember what I weighed. Seriously... It was an awful food day from 4:00 pm on. 

Not to belabor it and go through the long, drawn out story, getting Ruby on her flight with her new mom to Luxembourg was stressful as hell. Nothing like sending your 16 week old puppy into the hands of seeming disorganization and incompetence! Lucky for us a nice young man took it upon himself to be Ruby's guardian and personally took her to cargo. After Ruby was finally taken to cargo and we got Elena safely in the TSA line I walked away, ducked behind a wall with a row of airport seats, sat down and let the flood gates open for a little minute. Then I ate. 

I had a chocolate brioche. It sucked. So then I ate a chocolate chip cookie. It was divine. All was good. Then we had my nephew's b'day dinner (he turned 20). Did okay there - mostly ate chicken tikka with a few bites of rice and a few bites of pakora. Later at home... OMG... embarrassing....a small dish of ice cream left over from our company, then a little greek yogurt (because I wanted more ice cream, but chose yogurt instead - probably the only win of the day), and sometime around midnight I ate a potsticker (also a left over from going out with Elena). 

So there you have it. Now I get to prepare, clean, shop and prep for a dog club party here tomorrow - BBQ dinner for 20+. I think I'm certifiably insane! Stress level is HIGH! 

Nothing I can do now except get through it and hope I begin to learn to not over schedule. Sure....

EDIT: Oh, I must also include that to add to my stress level yesterday it took us over 3 hours to get home from SFO - normally a 50 minute drive. Traffic was that bad. I have not smoked for many years, but yesterday in that traffic had I had a cigarette available I sure would have liked it! It was aggravating as all hell after such an emotionally stressful afternoon. 

Oh, and I have gotten word that Ruby arrived safely in Paris and should be at home in Luxembourg by now. Whew! 

diane S.
on 7/22/16 2:21 pm

Greetings Gregarious Good People

Well gallery work this morning so didn't post. 131.5. Phooey. But I got rid of some more of my SIL's stuff which is ongoing. Had to stop and change clothes - its actually almost hot here today. 

Had a good thump of an earthquake yesterday. 4.9 but no damage i  know of. 

Cripes, why does stress make us eat. Some people can't eat when stressed. Not me.  Yesterday I was at a boring meeting with chocolate and pistachios readily at hand. Needless to say ate too many..  There is that half pound I guess. Made Popeye Pie for dinner last night. Leftovers tonight. 

Was vacuuming the redwood floors at the gallery today. Managed to vacuum up the handle of my purse!  Both purse and vacuum survived. 

Diane S.

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/