VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Just saying hello a...

Just saying hello and introducing myself!

Hkinzfnp
on 7/24/16 5:26 am

Hello VSGers!

My name is Heather and I am just over 11 months out from my VSG.  I posted on the VSG board last night that I had reached goal (still can't believe it!) and Paula was nice enough to invite me over to this forum.  I have lost a total of 120 pounds and am exactly at goal, so would like to get down a few more pounds to have a cushion.

I'm nervous and excited all at the same time about maintenance and psyched to have found this board.  It will be great to have a daily check in spot and some people to find support and accountability with.  I spent an hour stalking this board last night.  I look forward to getting to know all of you and getting support and inspiration from your journeys!!!  Any big or small maintenance tips would be so appreciated!

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

LeapSecond
on 7/24/16 5:31 am - AR

Welcome Heather.  Congratulations on reaching goal.  This is a great forum. Hope to see more of your posts.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Paula1965
on 7/24/16 5:37 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Yay! So glad to have you join us. My key maintenance strategies are to continue to weigh/measure and log my foods, weigh daily, focus on lean proteins and get regular physical activity. Like you intend to, I lost below goal to give myself some wiggle room. I have a target weight range that I try stay within (123-128 lbs.) and feel the most confident when I am at the bottom of that range!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 7/24/16 7:34 am

Welcome, Heather!

Congratulations on meeting your target!  I recognize that monkey mug from the main board :)

What I am working on in maintenance is doing it differently than I have in the past: recognizing when I need a course correction and developing strategies/habits that can be pulled out when needed.  

Staying mindful is brand new to me, this board has helped a bunch.

Best wishes on your journey, I look forward to getting to know you better!

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Hkinzfnp
on 7/24/16 8:32 am

Hi Shel!

I love that monkey mug!!  :)

Like so many others here I have gained and lost weight so many times.  Being mindful will be huge for me.  In the past when I've started to fall off the wagon I just jump off and let it run me over.  I'm hoping by daily weighing, logging food, etc I will keep myself on track and correct the course as needed!!  

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

diane S.
on 7/24/16 11:09 am

Greetings all you Successful Losers;

Welcome Heather. Always room for more who are committed to maintaining. Many of us find it helpful to report in daily and share our thoughts, issues and life events. If you read back through older posts you will find lots of valuable information.  This group was started five years ago  because there was not a whole lot out there on how to maintain a major weight loss after vsg. Since then we have all shared strategies. Its not the same for everyone so each person has to find her own path. But do take some time to read older posts - especially Kairk's.

So today I am down to 131 again. That pound seems to be magnetic. Keeps coming and going. Hope it stays away.

Took the puppy for a mile walk yesterday and the old dog for a short one. Puppy Tesla really needs it. She is wild and shredding cardboard. 

Spent several hours yesterday sorting and getting rid of old papers. Three grocery bags worth of freed up storage. Sorted art materials and sort of organized them. Still tons more to do but its a start. Didn't get the old dog to the beach yesterday but will see about today if the sun comes out. Trying to get everything off the deck so hubby can power wa**** How did we get so much junk? (I live with a pack rat).

Have a great day all.   Diane S.

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/