VSG Maintenance Group

Wednesday 9-14-16

LeapSecond
on 9/14/16 5:11 am - AR

Wt 218.8 Cal 1158

I didn't even read yesterday's posts.  I will catch up in a bit.

DW to 2 dr yesterday.  Everything checked out ok.  

I go today to get my blood drawn for my 2 year post op.  I found out the thyroid level wasn't ordered.  I will have to request it.  Sometimes you just have to be your own advocate when it come to health care.  I don't know if they are too busy or what.  I will ask tomorrow at my appointment.

I need to ride today.  I have been fighting depression and anxiety more than normal.  Riding seems to help.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

carbondated
on 9/14/16 5:30 am

Morning all

Linda my heart goes out to you and DD.  A very hard conversation indeed.  Dave enjoy your ride and hope that the anxiousness lifts.    I read the fecal transplant!!!!!!!!  Goodness!!!!!!   Just wait,  in spite of all regulations,  some bright spark is going to capture this market, come up with a catchy name and make a fortune.

in the 1930's , my Mom told me that when she was a student,  you could buy pills that guaranteed weight loss.  Turns out they were sugar coated tape worm eggs.  Having had a tape worm can assure us all that they are disgusting and did not lose weight.

A great food day with 7566 steps.

Happy Wednesday.

Paula1965
on 9/14/16 12:32 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Yay on a great food day!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/16 8:52 am

Surprise, surprise! I forgot to weigh myself. Very unusual, indeed! When I came out of the bathroom to weigh and then dress I was focused on the puppy and bringing the big dogs inside so there would be no early morning barking. At least I remembered to dress, right? LOL! Have you ever had one of those dreams during which you suddenly realize you are naked or half naked in the most inappropriate of settings? It's absolutely horrifying.

I had a "good" food day yesterday. My eating was on point and mindful. Calories were in my WL range. There was a bit of nibbling, but I'm working on dealing with transitions without food. Years of habitual eating is hard to break! 

I am getting the impression that some of our intimate group might be having some growing pains right now. I'd like to remind everyone of us (especially, myself) that life always, always happens. It is up to us to control our reactions to life and whether or not we take care of ourselves. For us, a huge part of taking of ourselves means putting the effort in to eating properly. Eating well takes work and often in times of stress and duress we don't choose to put in the effort. Let us be mindful of how we are eating right now. There are lots of changes happening with many of us. Being mindful will only help us through those changes.

Happy Hump Day, folks.

diane S.
on 9/14/16 10:05 am

Greetings Fabulous Former Fatties

Hey I forgot to weigh but since I was just in bathrobe I went and did so. 131.5 Made fish last night with tomato cream sauce. Just a blob of tomato paste and a splash of half and half.  Spaghetti sauce works too. 

Yep take a ride today Leap.  Sunlight and exercise are proven aids for depression and anxiety. Glad your wife is well. Geez, can't believe they didn't test thyroid. My dentist tells me that when he gets the lab order he just checks off whatever additional tests he wants.  But I never get a paper order. They just send it to the lab directly. 

Worked at the gallery yesterday. Sold quite a bit including two of my own pieces. Yay. Display is looking skimpy though so gotta get at it. 

House painter will show up soon. Wonder what goofy stories he will have today. I don't know where he gets this stuff. He doesn't have a tv or computer. 

Lots of errands to run but stuff to do here first. Its always something. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Shel25
on 9/14/16 11:11 am

122's, poor steps yesterday but I vinyasa'd.  Sometimes it is going to be a choice between steps and yoga. For now, yoga wins. 

Dave, hope the weather is nice for a ride....but I can't remember what you ride.  Bike?  Riding lawn mower?  

Beautiful day here, trying to get some activity in before my late shift at work.  

Visited both in-laws today in their respective new spots.  I wish I was better at making people feel better.  And, frankly, I am embarrassed by my MIL's treatment of staff like they are less-than.  Unfortunately, that is her real self, tho, not even her demented self.  So, I brought the staff muffins (yes, not just food but processed food!!  I tried to buy a nice flower thing but I didn't see anything I liked when I was shopping.).  They are going to need a lot of treats.  

We feel better when we eat for health.  It is that in-the-moment just before it goes in your mouth that is the killer.  And it never, ever satisfies.  But, so hard to REMEMBER that!

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

LeapSecond
on 9/14/16 12:31 pm - AR

Either the ride worked or the the picture in my mind of me riding my mower on the bike trail did.  Either way you made me laugh.  Out loud.  I have a really nice older mountain bike (Cannondale V900) that doesn't see much but pavement. I used to ride the rocks when I lived in AZ on the Navajo reservation.  I didn't ride much in AK because I was afraid a bear would eat me.  I had a couple of encounters.  By the way I do need to ride my lawn mower too but it doesn't do much for my mood.

The staff where your MIL is knows her behavior is hers for whatever state she is in.  Usually staff is pretty good at setting boundaries with behavior or they don't last long as care givers.  I always like the people that brought stuff when I worked in the ICU. 

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Paula1965
on 9/14/16 12:32 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

You sure do have to be your own health advocate! Hugs to you, hope the depression and anxiety lessens!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Paula1965
on 9/14/16 12:38 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Weight exactly the same. Over 7,000 steps yesterday but no real exercise. I did attend my son's football game. Worked a half day today and am now back to packing. Still the only one in the family doing the packing. Dh did start to haul packed boxes into the van for transport to the new place though, so at least there is that.

Paula

ocean4dlm
on 9/14/16 3:10 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Yes to the growing pains. 132's. I know my current range is 129-134, but I am struggling about leaving 122 behind. I'm feeling totally stressed at work... lots of once a year things that I do really well, so I have operated with significant autonomy. I keep prodding my boss to articulate who will assume my various responsibilities when I retire, so I can train and share real tasks rather than "artificial training" at the last minute. She just figures she can pay me the daily rate of my current salary, to come back and consult.  I still haven't closed on my new mortgage and my new lender has me holding my September payment to the old lender as part of closing costs. Chubby chaser is off the title and deed.

I miss having a partner to bounce ideas off of, and to snuggle at night to keep scary thoughts at bay. I know alone is honorable but I miss lots about having a partner.

Thanks for listening and supporting.

Diane

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!