VSG Maintenance Group

Wednesday 9-28-16

LeapSecond
on 9/28/16 3:30 am - AR

Wt yesterday 222 Wt today 220

Calories yesterday 1085

My favorite Aunt passed and the funeral was Monday.  Family down for that.  I have an anxiety disorder and don't do crowds.  She was well loved and lots of people attended.  I didn't go to the funeral. (inner conflict)  My 2 brothers and SIL's came and stayed a while.  It was a good day.  I will be spending time with my mom today.   

One of the reasons I log in everyday is accountability.  I know if I eat it I will post the calories. Daily weights too.  If I don't weigh I don'****ch the trend. I am puzzled,angry, frustrated as to the lack of positive direction in my scale life.  I am in pain from increase in activity/exercise, pain meds are maxed.  Lots of anxiety today may have played a part but my thinking has been "what is the point to not eating nuts and yogurt?  I wanted to lose the regain. 1000-1200 cal per day I am not losing. So yesterday I bought 5 servings of nuts and yogurt.  I ate one for afternoon snack.  I may eat the rest today. But I am eating them. My plan is to eat once a day until it is gone.  Will re think the plan going forward after that. Being honest with my eating.  (And yes it was as good as I remembered) I don't pretend this won't restart cravings. Just regrouping.

Have a great hump day

David

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Paula1965
on 9/28/16 4:51 am, edited 9/27/16 9:57 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

(((Big hugs))) coming your way David. I know you had wanted to cut out the nuts and yogurt for a bit but honestly they sound like a pretty healthy choice to me. Does it put your calories way higher? 

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

LeapSecond
on 9/28/16 7:22 am - AR

At the correct amount of nuts it doesn't really change the calories much. I was misfiguring and getting double 

Paula1965
on 9/28/16 4:56 am
VSG on 04/01/15

125.8. Staying with the downward trend I guess.  Maybe not tracking is s good thing, lol. Work today. Get an orientation to the new house from landlord tonight. Cleaning and packing and hauling continue. I do see the light at the end of the very long tunnel.

Happy hump day my sweet friends.

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

carbondated
on 9/28/16 5:37 am

Morning all.  

David you are being mindful and for me that is half the battle.   I am sorry for your loss of your Aunt.   Paula glad all is going well.      The purple house sounds awesome.

a great food day and 9675 steps.  Scale not budging but like Kairk feel lighter.

ever onwards 

Shel25
on 9/28/16 8:13 am

124's today, no yoga yesterday but good steps

Dave, I think that part of your issue with y/n's is that you were eating that to the exclusion of almost anything else? I haven't done that, exactly, but I do get into food ruts that where I must have something at a certain meal of a day.  If I eat something different, I'll just think about my current favorite until I eat it.  if I give in and eat the favorite, I have officially doubled the calories for that single meal.   

Occasionally, I give up a favorite food for a while until it relaxes its grip on me.  Right now the food I am cutting back on is y/n's  :)

I think most of us have some food oddities going on, maybe more than the general population, but maybe not.  Maybe we just pay a higher price for ours. 

Anyway, good luck incorporating y/n's back if that is what you want and it fits your plan.  I wish I knew how to make your scale move!

Have a great Wed, everyone!

Shel 

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

LeapSecond
on 9/28/16 6:38 pm - AR

When I quit eating y/n's it was all I could think about, it was all I ate for about six months.  And all I ate for another 6 month but did eat one meal per day with my DW. I thought I was waking early in the morning to eat y/n's but come to find out I just wake at that time of day anyway.  It was more than a food rut.  Nothing else tastes good or desirable to eat.  The cravings did relax some but finding anything else other than a quest bar or fresh fruit was not worth eating.  I'm thinking WLS changed my taste and sense of smell. It was just my assumption the nuts had stalled me into maintenance.  It must be that I have to get my calories lower to lose the regain. It shouldn't matter if I eat 800 calories of meat or nut and yogurt unless we are talking about being in ketosis. 

Spencerella
on 9/28/16 10:01 am, edited 9/28/16 3:16 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

114 and holding.  Off to work in a bit, will take Violet today. 

DD spent the night with us, after a day of feeling anxious and afraid. She admitted that things are not much better and that she still can't care for herself in the simplified living situation. After a lot of discussion again, I think she's coming home. We agreed that she should sleep on it but we really think this is best for her. 

We have to get things in place for her prior to DH surgery on Oct 20th because if she ends up in crisis after that it would be next to impossible to orchestrate a move. A lot to move on this end first because we do not have a spare bedroom right now. But we will get this done and she will be better off for it. That gives me comfort at this point. The stress will come but for now I'm relieved to be getting her back home. 

David, you've really had a ****ty run with the scale, despite giving up the nuts and yogurt.   It's absolutely your choice to add them back, but my unsolicited two cents worth - might be better to do so at a time when you're feeling more positive about your situation.  There's a reason you were eating them to the exclusion of everything else.   Are you looking forward to / spending time thinking about the next time you can eat them? If you decide you still want them, that's okay, but if you decide to throw the rest away, you can do that too. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

diane S.
on 9/28/16 11:20 am

Greetings Dear Ones

131.5. Seems to be my range. Guess I am truly maintaining even though I wi**** was a few pounds lower. 

Dave  so sorry about your aunt. We are all thinking of you. Don't know why your scale was being so uncooperative. We all have that issue. Maybe you have added some muscle weight. Ever get a body fat test?

As to yogurt and nuts its seems like it should be doable if you track them. What kind of nuts? I usually eat some every day. Hmmm that could be my problem too. I know I gained two pounds over a couple of weeks due to a costco sized bag of cashew nuts. Won't do those again. 

Its gloomy and overcast today and the painter is out singing and spraying the house purple. Need to take dogs in for heart worm tests But its such a circus!

Keep the faith, all ye knights of the little  round table with small plates! 

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

LeapSecond
on 9/28/16 6:55 pm - AR

"Keep the faith, all ye Knights of the little round table with small plates!"  LOL

I make my own mix of nuts.  

Peanuts, pecans, English walnuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds, whole flax seed, chia, crasins, unsweetened toasted coconut flakes, 

4 tablespoons  (157 calorie) per 5.3 oz of yogurt