VSG Maintenance Group

Thursday. Oct 15

carbondated
on 10/13/16 5:11 am

good morning on the very stormy day.  This is but the first of three major wind and rain storms coming our way.

Heather, well done with the six miles, loooooooove the purple house AND beautiful Elsa.    It was so good to see Teasha Lorna and am missing Momsy and Dave.

great food day under 900 and walked 10,000 steps on the dot.  

Keep warm and dry everyone. 

Shel25
on 10/13/16 6:05 am

125's, yoga'd and ok steps. 

Carbon, I think I have been hearing about those same 3 storms.  Sounds like they could be epic.  My kiddo is going with the XC team to Portland tomorrow and sounds like they will driving in it. 

Off and running! Feels like a long week. 

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

LeapSecond
on 10/13/16 7:39 am - AR

Wt 221  Cal 1258   

Been MIA for a while.  Didn't mean to let it slip by like that.  My head has not been in the right space.  And I have been sleeping more.  Trying to get some work in on the Airstream but not much getting done.  Not much on the bike riding either.  Also a friend has needed me to help him set up an Etsy account and he doesn't have a mac.  That too is hard on my anxiety but I was glad I could help because he would have NEVER been able to get it.  We ended up bringing all of his info to my house so I could use my mac.

My eating has slipped a little.  I was surprised how quickly Nuts and Yogurt went from once a day to twice a day to 3 times a day.  I don't know how much longer it will be in the house because I am truly powerless when it comes to that combination.  Wt is up 3 lbs but I don't think it is a calorie thing(most days below 1200).  Not getting enough water in.  Not enough movement.  

Had a tornado with baseball size hail about 20 miles from the house last night.  It was headed our direction so we got in the safe room.  It fizzled out by the time it got to us.  Unusual weather this year.

Carbon, I don't know how you get those steps in with your painful knees.

Devon, you have a beautiful dog. Congrats on the awards.  

Diane S,The purple house is a pretty good color.  I was thinking bright purple. LOL  

Paula, good luck with your PS. Your move went so fast, so glad it is over.  

Shel, where is a good place to start with yoga?  I don't know if we have classes available in the small town we live in.  

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Paula1965
on 10/13/16 7:59 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Dave, I'm not Shel but would recommend a Yoga DVD that you could do at home. I do a Biggest Loser one - it is pretty intense, but I bet you could get a beginner's one somewhere on-line. It is fun!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 10/13/16 9:07 am

Hi Dave,  

If you are new to yoga, it is nice to have some face to face time with an instructor......BUT there is a lot available on-line and (as Paula mentioned) thru DVD's.  If you get a DVD, get one that says it is for beginners so you get the beginner queuing ("tighten your quads as you push your heels into the ground.")

Be patient as you get started....you can reap a lot of benefit with even just the breathing stuff (some would argue that most of the benefit comes from breathing)   

Ok --- on-line content:

Beginner yoga with Adrienne.  If I was brand new I think I would start here.   I think of her as a you-tube instructor (which is all free) but I see she has a website now, too, which might be easier to navigate. She is charming and sometimes her dog joins her on the mat.  Does it get any better with that? http://yogawithadriene.com/yoga-beginners-40-minute-home-yog a-workout/.    By the way, not all her sessions are 40 minutes, don't let that worry you.

Also free, I think is the web version of a yoga magazine: http://www.yogajournal.com/

Subscription web-based (but they have free introductory offers): https://www.yogaglo.com/.  And http://yogainternational.com

Have fun --- it is an very old discipline.  Lots to delve into!  I am very much a newbie too (started June 2015) but happy to help you navigate where I can.  

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Paula1965
on 10/13/16 8:03 am
VSG on 04/01/15

127 OTD! My scale measures in .2 increments so I guess I do probably have more OTD numbers!

Close on the house today. Another chapter closed - looking forward to what the next one holds for us! Kids seem to be adjusting well and even the pups are doing better. The first few days were rough for them - I never knew so much pee and poop could come out of 2 little Yorkie Poos. The stress of moving did a bit of a number on them!

Have a wedding that I bought a dress for on-line but don't like so today I will return and try to find something else. Have been out of my normal exercise and eating routines for a while now. Hope to get back soon.

Love to you all!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Spencerella
on 10/13/16 9:09 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Good morning fab fam. I'm at 115. Not my fav number but it's fine, considering how little mental effort I'm putting into my health right now. Not terrible but certainly not my A game.  

So many things on my mind with the new job, DD moving in this weekend and DH having foot surgery next week. Very little mental space left to focus on me, which is okay for now. I'm not blowing it, but there are behaviours arising that I don't revert to often any more. So be it for today. 

Overall, things feel positive and I'm going with the flow. Not much time to comment here but I'm reading. Love you. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/16 10:34 am

Good morning, all!

Diane S, not at all the color I imagined when you wrote purple! I think I would describe it as a soft lilac! LOL!

David, sorry you are having an issue with the yogurt and nuts. I get it. When I dive into sugar my consumption escalates quickly, too.

I am missing Momsy, too, and Diane O. Hope they are both well.

Got the email from Taylor that my new scale has shipped. It promises to be delivered by Tuesday at the latest. I guess I can hold on until then. I'm glad I waited an extra day before ordering Paula's scale from Amazon (it's got a fantastic sale price, BTW, if anyone needs a new scale!). 

I am feeling fat. Not plump, but fat. I am also feeling a sense of failure creeping in as my 5 year surgiversary approaches. It is an irrational feeling, I know, but I can sense the undercurrent just the same. For a fleeting moment I even thought about going to a liquid diet for a while to kick-start. That is so NOT me and against pretty much everything I believe about myself and what is best for my long-term weight management. Oh, well... a work in progress I am! Sometimes I wonder when I'm going to finally "get it" and "it" sticks!

diane S.
on 10/13/16 11:45 am

Hi all you Skinnies

131. Wi**** were less. Busy day yesterday with gallery board stuff. Studio board stuff today. And the rains have begun though not nearly as heavy as expected. 

Tesla is chewing up the stick that we put in the back slider. Its always something. She is a little termite and wants to chew wood.  

Yeah the purple is called ash lilac or something. Its more intense than the picture but not gaudy. We call it Lordy Lavender.  So glad this is done. Now the deck needs to have the railings returned and be power washed and stained.

Shrimp plus carrots and hummus last night. A good dinner by my standards. 

Old dog jumped or fell off the bed last night. She is fine but I think she is going to have to sleep on a bed on the floor from now on. Hard to watch the old ones fade.

And speaking of fading, my mother is up for hospice evaluation this week. Its possible they will kick her off again as she is not dying fast enough. So stupid. She is in end stage parkinson's disease and is 91 and can only eat a couple of ounces of food at a time and weighs 101 lbs. Do they think she is going to get better?

At least she has excellent care.      Peace and Health.   Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/14/16 4:04 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow - you guys have been posting here for quite a while?  You sure support one another!  

My weight this morning was up 1/2 pound (124.75).  I went to a fundraiser last night and ate stuff that I don't usually (like a chicken quesadilla- small, but still).  Also had a glass of wine.  Daily weighing will be interesting, but it is totally new for me (will take a while to not be afraid of it).

My biggest daily challenge is usually working from home because I'm next to the kitchen and my husband and son have food out a lot (no weight issues for them).  My husband brought home munchkins from a board meeting yesterday because the woman who ran it didn't want them in her house - I asked him to hide them please.  

My son is a chef between jobs looking for a position in NYC (doing stages, aka tryouts, in a couple of weeks).  My husband retired 2 years ago due to early Alzheimer's. He is still mostly himself, but it can be frustrating for him and me.  He used to be an attorney, so was very fluent, and now every conversation is halting and painful.  We live on Cape Cod in Mass with our 2 elderly dogs (beagle 13; chihuahua 15).  Both dogs are in pretty good shape considering their ages and they get me out for a brisk walk daily.

Liz

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!