VSG Maintenance Group

Monday October 17

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/17/16 2:56 am, edited 10/17/16 3:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sorry to be so early but I'm on the east coast and usually am on my iPad at 5:30 or so am (except on the days I go into my office).  It was a beautiful day yesterday in Massachusetts - more friends visiting, so we were out to lunch again.  BUT... 123.25 this morning!  My calories were lower yesterday than the last few days, but I also used the bathroom more last night (am on a several day cycle with that).  So again, daily weighing is an eye-opener.

Ate chili when out to lunch (took 2/3rds home).  Only had a bite of husband's apple pie - had grapes and pineapple for my dessert.  Had leftover short-rib from the meal my son cooked Saturday for dinner.  Only 3 oz, but yummm... plus one spoon of stuffed potato filling and a few green beans.  

Went to Zumba and walked the dogs so my Fitbit buzzed with happiness.  

Have a great day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Paula1965
on 10/17/16 4:40 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Sounds like you are on the right track Liz - way to go!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Paula1965
on 10/17/16 4:42 am
VSG on 04/01/15

127.4. No OTD for me today but down so that is good!

Food tracked yesterday, not all good choices but tracked. No formal exercise but did get Fall pics of the boys. Our time is limited to get family pics as DS#1 is a Senior and nobody knows where any of us will be living this time next year!

Have a wonderful day my skinny peeps!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

LeapSecond
on 10/17/16 5:40 am - AR

WT 221  Cal  1258

Finished up the yogurt this morning for breakfast.  My craving for nuts and yogurt will remain a craving for now and not part of my intake.  I just can't find food balance without it being the center of my diet. 

DD and boyfriend moved in as a temporary work situation.  We have never let a partner into the house before now.  It is working out so far.  We had the room.  They cook and clean for themselves.  They work together for a contract cleaning service. New construction, apartments, dealerships, offices and churches. I guess you always want to give your kids a leg up if you are in a position to do so.  She is talking about renting it when we full time in the airstream.  Could work out better than we ever could have planned for it to.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

carbondated
on 10/17/16 5:42 am

Morning  all.  Neesie  and Ren good to see you posting.

not a great food day nor step day but it is done and am moving on.   

Another wonderful rain-filled day and a brand new day and week.  Ever onward.

Shel25
on 10/17/16 6:40 am

Good Morning!

No weigh in today --- out of usual routine as we get ready to go downtown for an early morning appointment with DD.  Excellent yoga and steps yesterday. Food was good, too, until the last 1.5 hours when I grazed "healthy" foods to the point of over-eating.   That felt crummy.  Just mild tummy pain, no foamies.  But still!  

Clearly, I am a refrigerator predator.  I am going to either go to bed or go upstairs after dinner so I am not left alone with that appliance.  Mindful eating has taken the pleasure out of the refrigerator raids anyway.  I feel almost like it is now an out of body experience as I observe the silliness of it all, fully aware that the next small graze isn't going to satisfy.  There is zero satisfaction.  The pleasure is gone, I am left with physical and mental pain.  I don't FEEL I am that self destructive, yet there it is.  ONWARD! 

Rant over.  I am sporting a new sweater dress-thing from athleta which makes mostly active-wear clothes.  It is warm, cozy, fitted and ready for a down-dog if I am so inclined.  Most importantly,  I am reminded that I am in a much better place than I was 2 years ago. 

I really should heavily edit this free flowing stream of thoughts but it is time to hit the road.  

Liz, there is no such thing as too early!  Glad to have you on here.  

Dave, good luck with stuffing the yogurt/nuts back into the craving box.  Just a craving, nothing more, nothing less. 

Love you all, 

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/17/16 7:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I also have to watch the cravings for nuts which have substituted for some other things I banished from the house. And my wanting to graze is from dinner to bed every night.  A real challenge every day!

Have a great day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/16 9:03 am

Checked UPS tracking and my scale is out for delivery. Please keep your fingers crossed this one works! Frankly, I have no desire to get on the scale. It's been over a month, I believe, since I have weighed myself and I know I have gained. Not sure how much, but some. I'm going to guess between 5 and 10, but that could be my paranoia kicking in. Tomorrow will be a day of reckoning.

I was greeted this morning with a quart zip lock baggie full of Halloween candy. Sigh...Chocolate, as most of you know, is a huge temptation for me. MUST GET RID OF THE CHOCOLATE!

I have sort of a weird thing going round in my head the past two days. It goes like this: I know I eat just to eat. Sometimes I know why, but most of the time I am truly clueless as to why I feel that I must put something in my mouth. Now I could just put a stop to the behavior, you know, but instead I want to know the root cause. I'm now thinking this desire to understand the root cause is just a stall tactic to allow myself to eat as an addict pleases. Is the brain really that devious? I'm afraid mine just might be.

I have rid the house of whatever was left from the house sitter (had to throw it away on the sly as Ron hates when I throw food out. He doesn't get that if it's there and I'm in this space, I WILL eat it.).

Don't want to go to the shrink. Again, a sign I should go.

Happy Monday! I plan on making mine a successful one!

JoeyJo
on 10/17/16 9:33 am - NJ

207.  Trying to remain calm, fearing that regain is inevitable and those that keep the weight off are the exception more than the rule.  Please, pleeeeeaaassse tell me this is not true.  I am going for a walk.  I have not been walking during lunch because I have taken so much time off for my son-in-law's stroke, helping my daughter, grandsons, my son's mental health issues, it's been so busy, so much work to do, not enough time.  Old me would've wanted to nap (so does new me) but new me is going for a walk.  Have. To. Keep. Trying!

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/16 11:11 am

It is not inevitable. Yes, those who NEVER have any regain are in the minority. However, regain is all about what we put in our mouths. Nothing more, nothing less. IF eating is helping you cope and it's a choice you're making accept the choice and its ramifications. It's easier to be at peace with it, believe me. That does not mean you have to always have the regain. Weight is fluid. For many it comes on and off with ease in a small 5 pound fluctuation. For others, like me, the fluctuation tends to be larger - say, 10, 15, 20 even 30 pounds. 

Even with the sleeve we must work at maintaining our weight. It's a stark truth. You will be okay. When you are ready, you will make the choice. You are in control and in the driver's seat. You just have to decide in which gear to travel and down which street. 

Whatever you do, don't lose hope. Without hope, you have nothing.