VSG Maintenance Group

Tuesday October 18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/18/16 3:47 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

123.25 - same weight as yesterday.  Calories were around 800.  I walked the dogs.  Pretty good considering that I didn't feel well (have a cold).

We are having Indian Summer here in Massachusetts! It was in the low 70's yesterday and will be today and tomorrow.  These are the days when I wish I was already retired.  My husband retired due to Alzheimer's 2 years ago, and I'm now planning on working until the end of 2017.  Somehow now that I have set a date it is it more difficult to be immersed in my work (that and working from home - pros and cons of that).  I'm going to the office tomorrow which should help.

Have a great day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Paula1965
on 10/18/16 5:23 am
VSG on 04/01/15

We have a new early bird! Thanks for starting the thread Liz. We are having Indian summer too, just wi**** would stay through the weekend (we are tent camping) but it is not supposed to!

127 OTD today. Maybe my new bathroom floor gives me more OTD numbers! I do seem to be getting a lot of them. Only had a half day of work yesterday due to low census (low patient load so someone had to go home). Had great intentions of finally getting some good exercise in but then came home to find a message that DS #2 had missed his ortho appt. and they could see him that afternoon instead, so I ran to school, picked him up and sat in an ortho office instead of doing boot camp or the treadmill. Scouts last night.

Have a great one friends!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 10/18/16 6:27 am

125's, I'm getting a little tired of hovering at my target instead of a few pounds under. Tired enough to make changes? Perhaps.  Good steps yesterday.

Lotsa rain here. People camp in tents in this kind of weather but not me!  I brought my rain pants to work in hopes of fitting in a walk sometime before tonight's yoga.

I wish I were retired, too :)

Linda, that's a lot of steps at work.  Did you find comfortable shoes?

Embrace the day!

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Spencerella
on 10/18/16 8:24 am, edited 10/18/16 1:25 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Shel I've been wearing a lot of flat or low heeled ankle booties. Still looking fashionable, but reasonably comfy. I  occasionally wear my preferred heels for a few carefully chosen hours, but knee pain keeps my vanity in check. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

carbondated
on 10/18/16 6:52 am

Mornin!

awful food day!    Steps 10,785

today is a new day.

Spencerella
on 10/18/16 8:21 am, edited 10/18/16 1:26 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Good morning all. 113. Saw my beloved 112 for a flash but not long enough to claim it. Just clicked in that my lower number is probably the result of skimpy breakfasts these past few weeks due to no fresh yogurt in the house (being remedied today). For me, I find that explanation of the weight drop much more believable than walking more. I've gotten to know myself quite well in terms of how I lose or gain weight and I'm grateful for the knowledge. It means it's a lot harder to bull**** myself.  

Up early to drive DH to work, but feeling much more rested than I have been. Will do a few things at home, including organizing some appointments, and cook dinner but not much else. DD is officially moved in and is feeling relieved and grateful. She is also being helpful so it's easy to have her here right now. I know it's not realistic to think her exceptionally good mood will be a permanent state, but overall I'm hoping she can keep her attitude in check knowing she is now safe and secure. 

LINDA                 

Spencerella
on 10/18/16 8:46 am, edited 10/18/16 2:06 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Liz a few words of advice about how to increase your calories without gaining. I promise you will need many more calories than you are currently eating. You might want to try adding 100 or so cals at a time. When your weight drops a pound, add another 100, etc.  The time it takes to lose another pound will get longer and eventually you will stop losing. That's how you will know your calorie level to maintain whatever number you get to. 

LINDA                 

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/18/16 2:31 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you Linda, that sounds like a good way to do it with control.  Which I'm hoping I can maintain!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

JoeyJo
on 10/18/16 11:01 am - NJ

206.  Today is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  At work, I was advised that 22 hours will be docked from this pay period's paycheck and 22 hours will be docked from next pay period's for taking un-accrued time off.  Then I was advised that I only have about a day and a half (un-accrued) left in my time bank for the rest of the year so any additional time off I take will also be unpaid. Instead of crying, OK I cried a little but then I went for my walk early.  I try to look at it from their point of view, but they know everything that has been going on with me and my family.  Being allowed to accrue the time or dock a few hours a pay period would have been so much kinder.  I have worked here for more than 12 years.  Through all the turmoil, I get my work done.  I came in the day after my dad died for a few hours to disburse a closing because nobody else knew the file and I cared about the clients. 

So I go for the walk, get myself into the "Hey, it's only money" frame of mind and stop my eye from twitching, when I get a frantic call from my boss from his trial looking for an important, "crucial" memo to the file that he cannot locate.  Panic!  It's not on the computer, so I check my notepad, the voicemail messages, everywhere I can think to look.  I put each dictation tape in the machine to make sure it was not overlooked even though that has never happened.  It happened, the tape must have been left on my desk without any note and was separated from the file.  The tape was put with the blank tapes.  I just finished typing like a madwoman sending the notes to my boss praying that he can access them in time.

Most important b*tch, I can only make up 2 hours a week, so even though I stay to finish my work (oftentimes a lot more than 2 hours), my absent time in excess of 2 hours is docked from my time bank.  Overtime is not an option because it has to be pre-approved.

I want to go home...but I'd get docked. 

Spencerella
on 10/18/16 11:54 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Boy oh boy. A crappy day for sure. It will soon be over! Hugs

LINDA