VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday December 3...

Saturday December 3

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/16 1:43 am, edited 12/3/16 2:11 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Woke up even earlier than I usually get up on weekdays (4:15 am) and couldn't go back to sleep, maybe because I have a cold.  I was blaming the malaise the other day on the vaccine, but maybe it was this cold coming on.  I'm guessing I either got it on the plane coming home or at the PCP's office.  Either way, hopefully it won't be a bad one.  Going to my MIL's 97th birthday today, but won't be able to get too near her.  Even a cold at her age can be disastrous, even though she is physically in good health (has serious dementia, but is happy - just doesn't know anyone). 

Interesting conversation with someone at work yesterday. I am planning on retiring at the end of 2017, but no one at work knows (I'm planning on telling them after my annual raise and bonus so they don't factor in my departure). My business unit is in the midst of a reorganization and apparently they are talking about combining his department and mine. I joked that maybe that meant my job would be eliminated and I'd get a fat retirement package. His response was sorry, but if anything your role will be expanded. Hmmm... Later in the day DH and I saw the neuropsychologist for the results of his recent evaluation.  They basically confirmed the changes we've seen over the last couple of years (slow but steady) and strongly encouraged a driving evaluation (his deficits are very likely to affect driving). I was afraid of that and we both dread him losing his driving privileges especially if before I retire. Pressure in two directions.  Hmmm again...

119 this morning.  Planning on going to the gym (it has been 2 weeks since I did any serious exercise). 

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LeapSecond
on 12/3/16 4:05 am - AR

Back home safe and sound.  Wt 227 up 2.  creeping up.  I need to do fasting and prayer. That is one I've never tried.  Got to get my mind in a "buckle down" "get with the program" mode.  My mindset lately has been more in the "what's the point" camp.  I have been camped here long enough.

Liz, sorry about the mental changes.  I have had some mental issues over the past few years that I can't seem to get well from.  It totally changed my work, life plans but I am trying to play the cards I have.  Life.  

I really need to get the airstream steps in gear.  They are putting the septic in today.  I will only need the power disconnect for the RV and some gravel for a pad and we will be good to go on the RV site.  

To all a great day.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Paula1965
on 12/3/16 6:31 am
VSG on 04/01/15

129.8, down a smidge.

DS#1 got accepted into the local 4 year college (actually where DH teaches at). Not his initial 1st choice but he seems happy now and so are we. ACT test scores were quite low even though his GPA is pretty good, so we were worried. At least now if we move to FL, he will be in an area he is familiar with, knows some people and we have some adults that can step in and help him if he gets in a bind! Gives me some peace of mind!

More crafting today. I make my actual scrapbook pages on my twice yearly retreats but have to go back and add journaling (which I type up) and titles which I use a craft cutter for. I have several years of journaling/titles to complete and for sure need to get all of DS#1's stuff done before graduation!

Hope you all have an awesome weekend!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Paula1965
on 12/3/16 6:34 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Liz, so sorry to hear of the confirmation of your husband's mental decline. As hard as it may be, I would take your doctor up on his suggestion to have DH's driving assessed. You don't want him hurting himself or others! Praying that he proves them wrong though and is still competent enough to drive!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 12/3/16 8:28 am

119.9 this morning.  I think I might be stabilizing in the 120-124 range so am going to add back good fats.  

Yoga and good steps yesterday.  

Paula, one of my brothers developed some mental issues in his early 20's when he was at Iowa State. My dad was an Iowa state alum.  Plus, he worked for Iowa State although in an extension office a couple hours away.  Dad had a lot of connections at Iowa State, both professionally and old frat brothers that went into academics.   I doubt that my brother ever knew that there were so many eyes and ears watching out for him during that difficult time. That insider knowledge helped my parents help my brother on many occasions even tho my parents weren't necessarily on site.   Anyway, like you, I am glad your DS ended up at what seems to be the perfect place for him. 

Hug your skinny tight.  

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/16 10:42 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Paula, Good news about DS.  Sometimes a familiar place is more important than anything when they first go away (even if they don't realize it ahead of time).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

diane S.
on 12/3/16 11:54 am

Greetings skinny maintainers

132 today. Yay, have not seen that in a number of weeks. 

Paula, glad your son is in a good situation. Liz, sorry your DH is declining but if driving has to go, so be it. Its a safety issue as you well know. Can your DH ride a bike? Might give him the feeling of getting around though I don't know if it has the same safety concerns. 

Lentil soup last night. Becoming one of my winter favorites. 

Snoring chorus here right now - DH in his chair and dog on the floor. Even the brat puppy is napping. Grateful for a peaceful moment. 

Dave you are a powerful person to get all that stuff done with the airstream. You can apply that power to the weight thing. We all can. Maybe I will now think of my body as my own airstream which I live in and must take care of.

Meanwhile, our actual house is still in a state of total disarray since we moved stuff everywhere to allow for ant treatment. DH's office looks like a Radio Shack exploded in there and when the exterminator went in there he said "Oh jeez".  LOL

My mother's hospice service is still evaluating her about kicking her off again but I talked to her hospice nurse who is doing everything in her power to keep her on. There are indeed good people in the world. 

Big craft fair this weekend and I think we will go. I used to sell my art there but its too much hassle. Better to just go shop.  

Lets all have a peaceful holiday season. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Shel25
on 12/3/16 12:21 pm

There is a new mental image!  "I will now think of my body as my own airstream..."   Love it.  Vintage but refurbished with love, tenacity and resilience.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/16 6:29 pm

Hi all. Very late check in. 

Weight up a pound today. No problem with that. 

My day has been too busy with grooming. I was a little cranky about that, too. Got over it. Chilled watching a dark show on HBO OD that a friend recommended. Not sure about it. It's called The Night Of. Dark, yet realistic, murder mystery set in NYC. 

Ella is not pregnant. Oh, well... It's probably for the best. These things happen for a reason, right? I had some tests run on Ella to make sure she was fine and her inside reproductive parts checked out with flying colors. Since the stud dog has "missed" with two other *****es and still has no pups on the ground, we are all pointing the finger at him as the problem. I did a little husband shopping for Miss Ella early this morning while having my coffee. LOL! 

I did think to myself that Linda would probably be relieved for me that no pups are coming just yet. LOL! 

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/4/16 3:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

"Husband shopping"? Definitely LOL!