VSG Maintenance Group

Sunday December 4

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/4/16 3:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Went to gym yesterday morning for the first time in 2 weeks and going to Zumba today.  I ate what I wanted last night including a small cup of pumpkin bisque and 1/2 piece of birthday cake, but I'm down 1/4 pound.  Weird.  MIL 97th birthday party was a success though she wasn't sure who we all were most of the time.  But she always enjoys a party!  Picture of DH with MIL:

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

carbondated
on 12/4/16 5:47 am

Liz:  that is a gorgeous photograph.    Handsome husband and your MIl is beaming.   The memories may have gone but she knows that she is loved.

a great day yesterday,.  Food was 1233 and if FitBit had been working am almost sure steps would have been right up there around 15,000.   I was just done at the end of the day!

Dave your airstream sounds most remarkable.  

And for us all, we are not-giver-uppers and that is something to be proud of.

enjoy the Sunday!

Shel25
on 12/4/16 8:07 am

Skinny Sunday Salutations, my friends!

120's.  

Dinner is already ruined.  I burnt the toasted cumin and I refuse to run to the grocery store for more.  I feel a sense of relief that I can drink my coffee in (burnt cumin) peace rather than rushing complete the marinade before yoga.  I overfill my days with to-do's.  My inner airstream is cluttered.  Too much effort, not enough ease (or fun.)

Liz, I always enjoy your pictures, you really capture the moment. 

Carbon, we keep hearing that our cold temps are coming from BC.  Stay warm up there. 

Find time to enjoy your skinny, 

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/16 9:41 am

Hi all! 

Liz what a delightful photo! A joyful radiance shining through both mother and son! That one ought to be printed and framed. I really like it! 

Weight stable. 

So to be honest yesterday was a pissy day for me. I was a bit cranky about having to groom. Today is even heavier with 3 dogs rather than just the two. Once finished at 3;45ish I had some lunch and decided to watch a bit of TV, as I said in yesterday's post. A while later a friend got a bee in her bonnet and wanted to go out and buy a recliner. I declined, but said if she found something I'd come pick it up for her. During her shopping she decided that she'd rather have a sofa recliner. I told her I couldn't fit a sofa in my mini van. She asked if  a sofa would fit in my Ford Van. I explained that because I had semi permanent platforms and false floors in that van it would be too problematic and I wasn't sure a sofa would fit between the platform and the roof of the van. Well, long story made short it became clear that she was pissed that I wasn't willing to disassemble my dog van so she could pick up a sofa yesterday at 5:30 pm. I got hot when she told me I wasted an hour and a half of her time. I mean, really? 

I also chose to not go to a staff party last night. Sadly, going to the party was just one more thing to do and I just wasn't up to it. I'm glad I stayed home. Ron and I had a quiet dinner, got to talk through some things that had been on the back burner, and relax at home. That is more of what I needed than a party. 

Prepping for the complete switch to being on program. I can't believe it, but I'm actually planning out a week of meals - breakfast and lunch anyway... It's important that I don't get caught up short with limited or poor choices in case I have a moment. 

Onward!

diane S.
on 12/4/16 12:28 pm

Greetings Great non-Grazers

Liz I love love love that picture. Its truly a work of art on so many levels. Worthy of publication. Hope you make lots of copies for framing for family. 

Well yesterday I hit the big Christmas Craft fair and was so grateful I decided a few years ago to stop doing the fair myself. What an ordeal. I have lots of friends showing there so I went around offering to watch their booths while they took potty breaks. Decided to buy a bunch of little things to send to my mom so she  could enjoy opening some things on Christmas. A little hair clip, a handmade wooden puzzle, cool old fashioned flour sack dish towel and such. Her care giver told me she was doing this so I had fun looking for this stuff. Will send one of my own creations too. 

132.5 today in spite of marching around the craft fair and not eating much. 

A good friend is coming over today so hubby can help her with her computer. She is a high energy talkative person and loads of fun but can wear you out. Then I have to take my show piece to the art gallery before dark. 

When I left yesterday I asked my hubby to work on restoring our house to "its former splendor". Meaning put all the junk away that is spread out all over from the ant treatment and years of hoarding. He laughed his head off. Oh well. We could fill an airstream top to bottom with stuff from just his office. 

Kairk, hasn't your friend ever heard of stores that deliver stuff? Can believe she expected all that. Good on you for declining the staff party. Those can be ordeals if you don't feel like going. Nothing like a quiet evening at home especially at this time of year. 

Peace and Health dear friends.   Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Paula1965
on 12/4/16 2:16 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

130 OTD today. Beautiful snow outside. Went to church and then out fir lunch. Will make loaded baked potato soup for dinner. Had a nice nap with the puppies. They are the best! 

Loved the photo you shared Liz. Such joy!  I agree with Kairk, get that one framed. 

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

LeapSecond
on 12/4/16 2:16 pm - AR

Liz, the pic really captures the moment.

Wt 227

Went back to the shop in the woods to build a heated covering for the well tank.  We have been in the 50-60's but it is supposed to blow in some cold down to 17 in 2-3 days. Must be coming from Carbon's house.  BRRrr.  I have peel and stick warmers in my shoes today.  I'll have to build a fire at 17 degrees.  I have the airstream has heat tape on the water supply.  I haven't done anything on it in a week.  

Shel. if your inner airstream is cluttered it doesn't take long to declutter a small space. No hoarding space available Diane.  I will tell DW "sure you can have those shoes... just which pair are you going to donate?"  We don't have room for both.  Kairk, we are going to have to start grooming our dog when we move to the woods.  We have gotten some pointers from our groomer and she gave us a dog grooming supply catalog.  We will see.  DS#1 would love for use to learn how to groom poodles.  

I'll try to post a pic of our dog sitting if I can figure out how to shrink the pic.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

LeapSecond
on 12/4/16 3:28 pm - AR

The poodle pics didn't turn out but he is our bunch. I did shrink them down but not enough. The boxer is Marble, he is 11.  Bosco is a Havanese or part.  And China is the Pit.  She found Bosco's dog bed in the Airstream.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/16 4:54 pm

Aww...sweet pups! The Havanese looks like a character!