VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday Jan 4 201...

Wednesday Jan 4 2017

carbondated
on 1/4/17 4:12 am

Good morning.

walked for two hours yesterday and calories were 1356.   Finally mostly back on track.

good not to have that 'too full' feeling

Dave, sounds like you are steaming ahead with all of your projects. 

Cold here and the wind chill makes it worse.  Brrrrrrrrrr

Paula1965
on 1/4/17 4:43 am
VSG on 04/01/15

133.2. Bitter cold here too. -10 to -20 with wind chill. Can't get out of WI fast enough! Still not sure if we will or not now.

Work today. Got all Christmas decorations down and put away except for the tree which I will need help with, perhaps tonight. Bought DS #2 and #3 new bedding yesterday - good deals.

Happy Hump Day!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 1/4/17 5:20 am

123 OTD this morning.  It is Seattle-cold which is to say that Paula could probably wear shorts here and be comfortable.  I'm impressed with Carbon's walk -- perhaps that will spur me on to put on the woolies and get going. 

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/4/17 5:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I think we posted at the same time!  LOL

117 - Drive-by because I am in Boston today (last time before PS). I don't plan on being in the office again until mid-February (will work from home).

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LeapSecond
on 1/4/17 6:55 am - AR

Wt 229  Calories ~1300 

2 hours, I bet that boosted the step counts.  

I have been very productive the past week or so.  I pray that is what is in store for me this year.  It feels good.  I stress way too easily and am compelled to eat when stressed.  I am building the shower out of plastic material that didn't look to good.  I had DW look at it and she did not have a happy face.   The rest of the airstream is better than new and this material was not up to standard.  So I took it out and am putting a material like corian.  It is heavy but it will be just one wall.  it already looks better.  It will be in 2 pieces (salvage) but the seam is up high so it will be okay. It will bring the happy face out I am sure.  

We have had some warm weather here lately.  Cold snap is coming tonight.  Keeps us adjusting heat and changing coats.  

Christmas things were put up soon after Christmas when I was gone for the day to the shop in the woods.  DW is project oriented, when she gets started it is a done deal.

Kiark, I too, am hopeful.  When you post your personal struggles it resonates with me and gives me pause for thought.  That is a good thing.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/17 9:52 am

Down 1.6 since Monday. I'm working on keeping calories around 1400 +/-. The weight will come off a bit slower at that calorie level, but I think focusing on ha*****anges rather than calorie level will help me maintain once I arrive at my desired weight. 

One of my "dreams" is to maintain my weight at a level that is pleasing to me. I need to focus on the "how" of doing this. My focus has always been on losing - never really developing the habits of maintenance. For now my focus is whole, unprocessed foods. I spent the afternoon and early evening yesterday prepping vegetables, red potatoes and sweet potatoes and roasting them. I have enough prepped and ready for the both of us to last the rest of the week. Then I made a tri tip roast. There will be plenty of meat for us, too. Tonight I will make a pork tenderloin and prep a few chicken breasts to have at the ready. I am hoping this approach will help me maintain my focus on eating whole, natural foods. I also am including some fruit.

Without being concerned about counting carbs or protein, just focusing on eating clean yesterday, my carbs were 89 and protein was 129. Calories were 1399. Those macro levels are fine by me. 

David, thanks for what you said about my writing. I'm glad it helps. Sometimes I feel like I'm putting too much out there, but I really like being able to write down the things I'm thinking through. Being honest here is an important part of my process. I think for men it is sometimes more difficult to figure out this whole food thing because we are raised in a culture in which male introspection and honesty of emotion is devalued. These two life habits are more regularly cultivated in our female counterparts. 

I realized last night that one of the things I left off my "vision statement" was my vision of my eating habits in maintenance. I have to add that so I an see my eating in my mind's eye. I can "see" my body. I can "see" my exercise life. What I need to start envisioning is my eating life and my behavior around food. I am going to practice mental abstinence. You know, envisioning food situations (like at school) and mentally practice not partaking, imagining the success and pride I will feel doing so. 

Shell, I am impressed that you find you have so much mental (and actual) time for non-weight and non food issues. I am not there. Much of my day still involves working on my food life and now building the habits that will help me maintain a reasonable and "happy" weight. 

Ever, ever onward! 

diane S.
on 1/4/17 11:59 am

Greetings Productive People

Well sounds like everybody is busy and getting things done. Wish I were too. Didn't sleep much last night and was up late watching meaningless tv to try to doze off. No go. Hope tonight is better. and endless phone calls earlier in the morning. Who needs that.

Made homemade chili last night. Pretty good. 

Weight 132. I'll take it. And the miserable rain has let up so I'll take that too. 

Hubby and I had a talk last night. I am drinking too much wine. Gotta really dial it back or take the cure. We will see how it goes. 

Happy Jan. 4 all.  Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

ocean4dlm
on 1/4/17 2:21 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

I arrived at boot camp 20 minutes early, to get some laps on the indoor track. Instructor was excellent, and she kicked our butts ! Feels fabulous. Had a facial and then a hair coloring/cut, followed by a dental appointment. I was shocked to learn that my last dental appointment / cleaning was seven years ago. I just could never find the time. Translation... another example of not prioritizing self care in my obese life. Luckily, the hygienist who did my cleaning said to keep doing what I was doing, because my oral health is excellent.

I'm spackling, then painting my "Reiki/Yoga" room. So excited to add that to my Roman shade fabrication. Tomorrow, I'll do my first consultation time back at school.... five hours.

Loving my life... details falling into place.

Diane

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!