VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday, January ...

Wednesday, January 18th

ocean4dlm
on 1/18/17 1:49 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Time to dial things back a notch !  I did an early hearing yesterday, and worked late, missing swimming. I'm working four days this week, as there are some things that just need to get done. I need to be more vigilant about scheduling in my "me time ", and protecting my retirement freedom.

Last night, during freezing rain, I opened the door to my furnace rom, adjacent to Reiki room, and there was water raining down into my Christmas decoration containers and the floor. Ceiling tiles in Reiki room were water stained. Got my handyman to come, and the floor installers had pinched the ice maker hose. He got a coupling to fix it, two minutes before hardware store closed. Now, I know where the water turn off is !

I spent time yesterday dealing with compromised debit card. Someone in Chicago bought $300 worth of chicken wings, and three visits to McDonald's totaling $120 ! I still possessed my card... it had been cloned. Bank was great about helping me sort things through.

Didn't eat over any of this !! I did have two glasses of wine last night.  Hanging at 134.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

LeapSecond
on 1/18/17 2:50 am - AR

Wt 231  Cal 1350

Forgot my diuretic yesterday.  Maybe I'll be back down tomorrow. 

Reading up on the genetic testing.  I am a low COMT producer which can produce anxiety, panic, fear, depression, OCD tendencies and ADD.  (I need better dopamine control.) So the big picture is becoming clearer.  I feel less broken.  Don't know of any treatment changes at this time but I feel better about me.  

I had a charge on my CC from Melbourne, Australia.   Almost didn't catch it because DS#1 and DIL live in Melbourne, Arkansas and we have charges there.  My bank was easy to work with.  Big thing around here now seems to be people stealing information via gas pumps.  It seems odd but gas pumps only have one key.  If you make a key you can get into any gas pump and place a card reader device and go back and BOOM you have credit info for the days CC users.  DD#1 works at a quick stop.  They are using tape seals that read VOID when they are opened. She said she would just pay inside.

Hope your Reiki room gets back to normal soon.  Beautiful room!

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

ocean4dlm
on 1/18/17 6:49 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Dave, you never have been or will be "broken".  I, too, used to say that, until a very compassionate counselor help me replace that thought with more neutral terms, taking away the power to inflict damage on myself. Thought patterns, routines may be counterproductive, but you, my friend, are not broken.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

LeapSecond
on 1/18/17 9:55 am - AR

Thank you.  DW tells me that all the time.  I hear it but feelings and internal dialog are more difficult to change.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/18/17 3:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Ocean, I hope your decorations and Reiki room weren't too damaged! I swear tha****er seems to be the most common destroyer of houses.

Dave, I'm excited for you with the genetic testing.  It sounds like it can really pinpoint what your body chemistry needs.

No weight still this morning - hard to get to the scale first thing in the morning right now as I am moving slow and DH is sleeping in the spare bedroom because all my support pillows take up so much of our bed.  My bathroom issues are over - all working as usual as of yesterday. I was 117.75 mid-day yesterday with clothes and compression garments yesterday.  So I'd guess I might have lost a bit but not much.  The day of surgery I was 116 OTD and the surgeon removed 1 pound of tummy skin, so that would mean I had 2.75 pounds of food, clothes and swelling which could be about right. 

I am getting as much protein as possible (which is how I've been eating anyway, but I'm just more conscious about it right now).  The surgeon was pleased - said I was a "good healer" and that my focus on eating protein was helping.  Lost the head-bra and the tummy drains yesterday which feels great, but he REALLY tightened the compression wrap on my tummy which he said is necessary now that the drains are out.  That is making me feel super squeezed but hopefully I'll get used to it.

Between Monday and Tuesday I worked 1/2 day.  I'm going to start my day at the usual time today and see how I do - 1/2 day or more hopefully.  I'm trying to save days for Florida when I'll enjoy them more.  We are leaving on 2/3 to drive down there and I will stay 2 weeks, return home for 4 weeks, then back to Florida for 2 weeks then the drive back home (DH staying the entire time - the 4 weeks are filled with company mostly). 

Have a great day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Paula1965
on 1/18/17 4:45 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Up a pound which is not surprising. We ate at a Japanese steak house last night and all the food was super salty - even more so than usual! I have two more meals of leftovers too!

Work today. Weather is supposed to be warmer and roads have been cleared of the ice from the last 2 days.

We had a water leak yesterday too! Basement had quite a bit of water. Called landlord - one benefit of no longer being a homeowner - it is his problem to fix!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/17 9:05 am

Down a glorious .2 LOL! Not much of a loss for a really great, low cal, on point day. So quick to come on and so slooooow to come back off. Oh well.... what can I do except what I can do, right? Right! 

David, glad the testing has given you some knowledge that puts your mind at ease. I, too, find realizations that something that has been seen by me as a weakness or brokenness really has its roots in my organic makeup, which puts the issue beyond my conscious control. 

I feel a little today like I am going in circles. I think a little me time is needed after yesterday's hectic schedule. It was one of those teach all day, get home groom 2 dogs, get dinner on the table, get the car tanked up and then finally about 9:00 pm put on the flannels and relax. I am beginning to notice that days like that result in a wavering resolve about my eating and long term goals. I'm guessing that would be a sign of not having my immediate, daily needs met. Yes? 

Diane O., so sorry about the water. I had two homes that flooded during heavy rains. Water damage is a *****! I remember the feeling I had the first winter in this house being up on a rise and the creek flowing 15 feet or so below the foundation line and out of the federally designated flood plain - sheer relief! I internally said, "Bring on the rain!" for the first time in 20 years! So pleased for you that you managed without your former friend, Comfort Eating.

This afternoon is a trip to the vet for a pregnancy ultra sound for Blue. Fingers crossed. We used the very last frozen semen of a long departed dog for this breeding (plus fresh semen from a live dog - yes, sort of *****graphically sorted, I know...but, doggy litters can have more than one daddy!)

Hump Day, indeed!

Paula1965
on 1/18/17 10:07 am, edited 1/18/17 2:09 am
VSG on 04/01/15

"Hump Day, indeed!"

- hehehehe after talking about breeding dogs where no "humping" was probably involved!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/17 10:22 am

Actually, there was humping involved with the young fellow who is alive and kicking. He is a young dog under 2 years old and this was his first go round. The expression on Blue's face was priceless! It was sort of like, "Really? Oh, good Lord! How much easier can I make this for you?" 

Spencerella
on 1/18/17 11:34 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Just curious - if the double semen has been effective, how is sire recorded for pups?

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0