VSG Maintenance Group

Saturday April 8

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/8/17 3:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The weekend is here! I think the weather is supposed to start warming up here beginning tomorrow so maybe it will start to be a bit like spring. Going to the gym today with DH and then to Zumba tomorrow. I need to get back into a routine. I'm assuming my new work schedule will start either next week or the following one, so DH and I will probably add gym or other active time in on the extra days. Weight 115.75, calories 1072. Probably going out to eat tonight and will likely have a glass of wine (I need it).

I contacted BIL about taking over MIL finances from DH (they had already talked about it but DH kept not following through). I sent everything in a fat envelope yesterday. I thought DH might be upset that I did that, but he was fine. He seems to be very accepting this week, which is easier for me but I don't know if that will last. He also hasn't tried to drive so I need to ask if he needs the driving evaluation or is okay giving up his license without it - I have already set that in motion but I assume I can cancel it if necessary. I'm been doing all the dinner preparation now, which most might think isn't a big deal, but DH was typically the cook in the home.

Have a great Saturday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

brownblonde
on 4/8/17 6:02 am

Liz-I hope your DH continues to be so accepting of everything. I cannot imagine how much more difficult it would be if not. Also, hugs on getting the family matters worked out. I hope there is little drama there.

No weight today yet. Not sure if I will or not.

Conclusion for yesterday is that I ate no bread at cheesecake factory, had two of the three "skinnylicious" chicken tacos, and got in a decent 35 min. workout on the elliptical before the movie (burned approx. 300 cals). I had a skinny cosmo at the Warren (said it was less than 120 cals) but I did primarily eat cheese fries for dinner with a couple bites of husband's chili. I could tell I overate on them. Carby foods like that are always hard for me to gauge my sleeve because I think they swell. Not so bad, not so good.

But onward and upward. Today is a new day. Nursing a minor headache the past couple days. Cannot tell if it's allergies but I think it actually be dehydration lingering from when I was sick and couldn't eat/drink. H2O is still really difficult for me. Coffee in hand and trying to get mentally prepared for leg day today. Hoping we can still get in some cardio after but legs usually leave us pretty wobbly. It's going to be a beautiful day in the 80's today, and so I think we'll have our favorite grilled chicken salad on the patio. I need to shop and prepare for tomorrows luncheon and then we are driving to small town where DD goes to school to go to her "promenade" (small town thing). I'm trying to anticipate dinner. If fast food maybe I can do a grilled chicken sandwich. Otherwise, hopefully it's a barbecue place. I do best at those. Then we drive back and go to a friend's birthday at a dance club. I have been trying to really limit my alcohol intake simply because I don't want to use up calories on alcohol. And times like this are especially difficult because people will be drinking lots and taking shots, etc. Maybe I will offer to be the driver and let DH indulge. Limit myself to one vodka soda early. Hmm. We have pretty socially active lives and I do find it harder. It made it harder to maintain at 165, and it makes it nearly impossible to lose weight. But I remind myself that I have thin friends who socialize far more because of their work. So I will not let it be an excuse.

Paula1965
on 4/8/17 6:50 am
VSG on 04/01/15

You are doing so well BB! I think you navigated your night out pretty well and I am uber impressed with your exercise! Funny but cheese fries would have no draw for me at all! The 3 chocolate chip cookies I had last night sure did though!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Paula1965
on 4/8/17 6:32 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Wow Liz, lots on your plate with DH right now. Happy that he has been agreeable to the changes so far this week but the extra load it places on you cannot be easy! (((Hugs)))

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Paula1965
on 4/8/17 6:47 am, edited 4/8/17 6:55 am
VSG on 04/01/15

137.8 before TBP (the big poop). Didn't weigh after. Thought my scale might say "ouch" when I stepped on it today. . Doing what I can right now even though it isn't enough to care for me.

Up with DS#1 until after 1:00 am last night talking. He and DS#2 had an argument that I needed to referee a bit. I wish I didn't have their teen drama to deal with on top of DH's cancer. Met with potential surgeon yesterday and found out that surgery wasn't a given. It depends on if the chemo and radiation can get rid of the cancer in his lymph nodes. I guess there are some in a tricky area to reach and it may not be able to be done. The only reason to do surgery is to cure and if they can't get the lymph nodes, they can't cure. Will see what the CT/PET scan(s) show 4-6 weeks after chemo and radiation.

Concert for DS#1 tonight. DS#2 got his wigs in the mail (from England!). He was in his element trying them on last night and had me try them on too - he looked better than me! Had dinner (sushi) with just my sweetheart child DS#3 and then when sports clothes shopping for him. You all don't hear about him much because he doesn't cause the drama, but he is the sweetest, most caring kid. Loves football and working out and wants to be a sports medicine doctor. By far our most responsible child and he is the youngest (14).

Paula

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/9/17 3:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You are struggling with more than I am. With DH's cancer I do think you have to just pray and not look ahead at this point.

Teenagers often pick the most stressful times to act up. I'm glad DS#3 is easygoing right now. Our only DS was mostly like that until about 17-18 when he hit his volatile years (he settled down somewhere between 23-25).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

diane S.
on 4/8/17 12:29 pm

Greetings Weekend Maintainers

Well down a half to 134.5 so I'll take that. Taking the dog princess down to her breeder for grooming today. Should be interesting

Liz good for you for getting all the DH stuff taken care of. He may just end up not thinking of driving any more and it will end on its own. Thats sort of what my mother did so it wasn't a big issue. Hope the new work routine goes well.

BB cheesy fries!! Sounds great but I wouldn't dare touch one. Glad you are enjoying the work outs and getting into the groove at the gym

Paula I don't know what to say about the "if" on DH surgery. Just hoping the current treatment is effective. Mediating between teenagers qualifies you to be Secretary of State.

Well after a horrid stormy day yesterday its sunny and nice. But Tesla's breeder lives out in the redwoods on a steep dirt road which is full of ruts that the rain probably worsened. So will need to take the old SUV.

Well take care everyone. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/