VSG Maintenance Group

Sunday, 04/09/17

ocean4dlm
on 4/9/17 2:38 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Up nine (9) pounds overnight. Lymphedema really messes with a head ! Will be wearing my compression regalia today.

I have been struggling with weather induced depression. The rain, snow, heavy winds continued through yesterday. Things are supposed to be looking up, but I can't tell you the last time I saw blue sky. Devon, your new found outlook has made me envious. Those dealing with heavy loads humble me. BB... the way you and those who grab the umbrella and trudge through stormy weather to keep physically active inspire me.

I 'll claim one of the nine pounds, but am looking forward to some yard work, walking Sadie, and on plan eating today, to work with the compression wrap to get things under control.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/9/17 3:11 am, edited 4/8/17 8:20 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning. Ocean, I understand the weather induced depression. DH really feels that strongly now, but in general I think it is easier for anyone to have a sunny attitude when in fact it is sunny!

Weight 116.5, calories 1510. We went out to dinner at a place on Cape Cod Canal which had a panoramic view of the water and the sunset. The food was great as well. The only downside is that it is so open and is all glass and hard surfaces so it is noisy. I think there are ways to deal with that even in an open space. But it was really enjoyable after a long week.

Zumba today and probably walking on the beach (it is supposed to be nice and warming up here). Also have to search for some MIL paperwork to send to BIL. DH has everything all over the place. But he did find her Will (putting it in a safe place)!

DH does want the driving test (we talked yesterday). I already put it in motion, so we will just follow through. I did sneak his car key away for now.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LeapSecond
on 4/9/17 4:19 am - AR

wt 216 cal... stopped tracking at lunch when we split an order of loaded nachos. It was the desert that I nibbled on the rest of the day that really pushed me over the calorie line. Last week's dog sitting / vacation eating has gotten into the next week. Must do a course correction soon.

Yesterday's steps were yard work on our house, worked on the tractor then mowed 3 acres. Cleaning a little and removing the bidet seat and moving it to the shop in the woods bathroom. I have a trailer load of stuff to move to the dump. and probably 2 trailer loads to just move. It is easy to let it stay there because there is no pressure like a sale or renters needing my old shop space.

Diane O, We lived in Alaska for a couple of years. The dark really messed with my depression. That was the main reason we left. Hope the sun comes out for you soon. 9 pounds over night would be enough to depress me. Hang in there.

More Later, David

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Paula1965
on 4/9/17 5:11 am
VSG on 04/01/15

137 OTD. Unfortunately I have to claim them all! Did get in a good walk yesterday - outside even! Supposed to be very nice today as well but we have a super busy day with church and then a benefit to attend.

I'm looking forward to sunshine and warmer weather. I agree that it lifts the spirits. Saw a cute swimsuit yesterday and picked it up even though I don't need another one.

May you all have a sunny day, even if there are clouds above you!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

carbondated
on 4/9/17 5:37 am

Good morning everyone

dear Paula and Liz admiration coming from the west side of the continent in the handling of your daily lives! Wow! And BB good for you! Dave please can you bring the trailer as we have so much stuff that needs to goooooooo. Diane hope your day went well and Ocean, snow that never ends is tough plus dealing with lymphodema. Yikes!

A great day after a massive wind and rain storm. Walked for two hours and no flying food. Am refusing to bake and the bakers of the house are taking their concoctions away. ( some look amazing)

have a great day everyone!

Shel25
on 4/9/17 7:39 am

Happy Heel Sunday!

I cheated today. There were actually 2 pieces of bread left in my frozen loaf. I bypassed the standard thin-slice and went for the heel. It is a little disturbing how much that pleases me.

Paula, my version of your swimsuit purchase was buying a backpack with my REI rebate. It is sitting next to me on the sofa, full of promise and adventure.

If you don't have a pot of coffee available to get thru the following, here is all you need to know: swollen limb, wounded psyche. Nothing terrible it the grand scheme of things and over all I am grateful.

DianeO, perhaps tis the season for lymphedema. This morning I have Mickey Mouse hand due to my own incompetent overnight wrap. The whole arm has been generally worse for the last couple of weeks so I wrapped assertively last night. It is hard to get the balance just right. I know I need to do daytime wrapping (not just my custom sleeve) but have been resisting....it is just so freaking in the way! I have finally resolved to do wear full wrap tomorrow at work when I can put a lab jacket over it. We will see what happens....as usual I am putting off til tomorrow and I don't like wearing a lab jacket. We shall see.

My mood has been off lately. I wake up exhausted which is not me. My morning cream with coffee lacks lift. We have had some sun breaks but even they have failed to light me up.

There is a silver lining: tho my eating has not been perfect (it never is) I have so far resisted eating to self-soothe. It is tempting. I like food, it is quick and easy and wouldn't technically stand in my way of getting other stuff done. But when that old tape plays, my brain almost as quickly squashes that idea because ultimately it makes me feel worse. Having my brain auto-reject food as entertainment is new.

I started watching Walking Dead this weekend. I thought it might be a good brain diversion while I stretched my quads and hip flexors (must multi-task!) It very likely has a compelling story line but may be too dark for my fragile mood.

Find your healthy skinny today!

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/17 11:10 am

Happy Sunny Sunday from California!

Diane O, I so understand how you feel. I feel much the same when we have rain, rain, rain. I don't know how I would tolerate the cold and snow along with the lack of sunlight! I'm so sorry about the lymphedema! I can't imagine how uncomfortable that must be.

OMG, I can't tell you how lovely the sun is today after more days of torrential downpour! Yesterday it just poured again during the morning and then spit on and off all afternoon. I took the pup out sometime around 11:00 to potty and it was crisp, cold, and CLEAR! Loved it.

Happy to report, my found pound lost its way and has disappeared.

Read (actually reread) an article written by Kris Gunnars on food addiction. I am curious to see if food addiction eventually makes it into the DSM-5 as a true diagnosis. I think it actually fits me a bit better than BED, but they are very close.

Simple pleasures yesterday: client didn't show up which gave me 2+ hours to work on Ace and have a relaxing lunch.

going to enjoy my last day of spring break today, too. No clients, but must finish up taxes and get the property tax bill in the post box for the post mark. I completely forgot to do that last week! Oops! At least it will be postmarked in time to avoid a penalty!

diane S.
on 4/9/17 12:27 pm

Greetings Weather Warriors

Ya, mother nature has really been messing with all of us and it does a number on your brain. We have sun here today on the north coast but my sympathies to you who have clouds and rain. I remember once in Omaha were it was below zero for days and horrible so this one radio station decided to play Beach Boys music all the time.

134.5 today so no gain = no pain. So sorry Diane O and Shel on the lympdema issues. It does nothing to help your mood I bet. Shel interesting that you have developed auto-reject of certain foods. I used to be pretty good at that but have kind of let it slide. Shows on the scale.

I agree tha****ching "dark" shows is not a good idea. Sometimes DH watches lots of dark sci-fi and sometimes it makes me anxious so I go in the bedroom and watch House Hunters. Tonight it will be Finding Bigfoot - the glorified snipe hunt.

Carbon good idea to quit baking. Impossible to bake without tasting.

Well we got Tesla groomed up yesterday and she looks pretty good.

Liz glad you had a nice issue and addressed the car issue.

Have to haul my art to the gallery for show late this afternoon. Lots of packing to do.

Hang in there everybody. Spring is really on the way. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

JoeyJo
on 4/10/17 10:02 am, edited 4/10/17 3:06 am - NJ

Posted on the wrong day...again! moving it.