VSG Maintenance Group

Monday April 10

carbondated
on 4/10/17 1:35 am

Good morning

A glorious day here with sun and wind. The sun even had warmth. Laundry out on the line, lawns being cut, robins flirting, and I think I heard geese overhead. It is 1:30am as I write this and the rain is back.

food ok and a walk. A sterling day.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/10/17 2:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Up late or not sleeping Carbon? The only time I see 1:30 is when I have insomnia.

Weight 116.25, calories 1181. I made pulled pork in the IP and it came out pretty good (even chef DS thinks so). Luckily DH doesn't mind leftovers so if I cook a couple of times a week, then reheat for the rest, he is happy.

I spent several hours going through and cleaning up DH paperwork yesterday, searching for the POA for his Mom. We (DS helped with some if it) went through all the obvious places, the less obvious ones, then all the client files. No where! DH can't remember if there was a secondary POA (there probably is) and can't even remember if he did it or some other attorney. More papers of my MIL to send to BIL, but at least the space DH had used as an office is cleaned up. He really had squirreled things EVERYWHERE, including client file boxes. BIL is going to have to have MIL declared incompetent and get a POA. Also, as far as I can tell, taxes have not been filed for her the last few years (no surprise).

I'm going to start my new work schedule this week even though I don't have full approval yet. It will be somwhat modified anyway as I am going to the Simmons Women's Leadership Conference on behalf of my company on Thursday. Late this afternoon, I take DH to see the new neurologist.

Have a good start to the new week!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ocean4dlm
on 4/10/17 2:30 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Carbon... so sorry to hear about your rain...I feel your "pain".. we are actually scheduled for a second day of sun in a row here! Devon... the video of the puppy playing is ADORABLE ! What a sweetheart. Liz, glad DH wants to do the driving test, and that you have the keys in the meantime. Paula, thanks for the Caringbridge updates... your support system is amazing ! Joey..hang in there ! BB, it is so motivational reading your posts..the change in your approach from lamenting "what is" to embracing reality and investing in a strong, healthy body, is exciting! Shel..hope your arm is cooperating with your wraps.

Compression garb brought me down three pounds from my initial morning weight. Several people visiting my home have mentioned how much they like their weight on my scale versus theirs. My weight at various doctors' offices is typically 8-9 pounds higher, which I wrote off to being fully clothed, later in the day after eating and drinking. I checked my manual, and read the caution that a vinyl floor that is significantly cushioned could impact accuracy. I moved the scale to my hardwood bedroom floor and recalibrated ... and I was three additional pounds higher. WTH!? So... I'll suck it up and reign it in, and will log until I'm back in the zone.

Diane

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

LeapSecond
on 4/10/17 5:20 am - AR

wt 216 calories ~1550

We have had some beautiful days here lately. Bees are very busy. I need to get in them and split them before they swarm. May get rain tomorrow.

Steps today are working on the shop. Wiring, walls, paint the main shop area. It is going to be a great space to build in once I am finished. I have some cabinets to build for my DS#1. I have the wood for an Ash roubo style work bench. And way on down my bucket list is a Maloof style rocker. I have the plans but no wood.

To Little Rock to the doctors tomorrow. And to sam's. 6 hours in the car. Need to load a good book. Then back to our house on Wed to spray the weeds in the yard and then on Thursday I have appointment with my Mom for her pre sleep study. Her CT angiogram showed right side heart failure and pulmonary hypertension and sleep apnea contributes to both. Not sure what the plan for her is yet. She is dealing well with the results. I've been so busy lately. So Thankful that my mood has hung in there.

Seek peace and do good, David

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Shel25
on 4/10/17 5:49 am

Dave, many positive thoughts to you and your mom.

And, for anyone else curious about a roubo workbench see https://www.fine-tools.com/roubo-hobelbank.html

Hmm, I am not sure that the link itself works, you may need to copy/paste. No matter. It is beautiful.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/17 9:04 am

Damn! Nice bench! I'm not even skilled in carpentry, but I'd like that bench myself!

Shel25
on 4/10/17 5:42 am

Good morning!

Carbon, you say more in a few brief sentences than most anyone I know. Truly a glorious day!

Yesterday I prepared my mini-garden for planting. I do not excel at gardening and can't help but feel like Charlie Brown and his football. I always get vegetables out of my garden but I am pretty sure my neighbors snicker about its eventually jungle state. This year, I am going to try to apply some yoga intention to the care of the garden. I'm not sure that the garden saves me any money, but it nourishes my Iowa girl soul.

I also have to take care of the garden because my mom and dad are going to be out this summer. Their Iowa soul sees all.

DianeO, funny about those 3 lbs. My weight has been averaging an extra 2-3 lbs but still in my self-set range. I blame Ann (who isn't here to defend herself) and her daily fruit and vegetable goals. I happily adopted those goals but am pretty sure it results in some extra bulk in my body. I also am pretty sure that some of it is real gain. But, clothes fit and I know I am still lean by any measure so I try not to dwell on the number. And there you are this morning, dwelling on the number. So, I am curious, have you noticed a change in your body's function with those extra 3 lbs? What about clothes fitting? I'm not questioning your personal weight goal, but truly curious as to your thought process as we figure out where we are happy enough with a particular number and why.

Devon, I agree with DianeO, I love all pics and videos of your pack. That little one looks positively burly!

Find your Monday skinny-mojo,

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

brownblonde
on 4/10/17 9:28 am

Weight: 155.6 (up) Calories? Exercise none

What a busy weekend! Gain finally showed up today. I do think some of it is salt and muscle soreness. But this was definitely not a "losing" weekend. Still making better choices--just not best. Back on track as it's Monday.

Saturday was a veeeerrrry long day. We got a heck of a grueling legs workout. So much so that both DH and I felt faint. We don't ever eat before workouts, but most workouts are at the end of the day (so we've eaten within the past 7hrs. or so). Maybe it was just the intensity of the workout, or maybe the fasting length (it'd been 12+ hrs. since eating) but we both about fell over. I did manage to walk 1.5 miles home from the gym. Grilled chk salad for lunch, purely meats bbq dinner. DSD looked very pretty for promenade. But it was nearly a 4 hrs. round trip and then we went to club for a friend's birthday. I had a birthday shot + 2 vodka sodas. These are the toughest. We were there 3 + hours so I actually think I did pretty good considering. I know some people go and are tee totalers but I feel so "un-fun" doing that--I know it's mental. DH and I did do some dancing.

But by yesterday we were worn out. Up early for palm sunday service. Had the fam back over to the house for lemon-rosemary-garlic roasted chicken and potatoes (I did boneless skinless chicken thighs), a caesar salad, and 1/2 serving original nilla wafer pudding. Dinner was 1/2 serving Chili. Again, I think I'm doing better...better even than I was doing 3 months ago. But I know if I want to make my goals I need to reign it in.

Workout with trainer tonight oughtta whip us into shape.

JoeyJo
on 4/10/17 10:11 am - NJ

208 chin to chest. I am blowing it. How can I be blowing it? It feels like my head is in the game yet the food keeps flying into my face! Bad foods and yes, there are bad foods. They make me feel bad, and have bad consequences to my body and mind. Bad.

My plans changed Saturday so at the last minute, my son and I drove to see our favorite band do a house concert 2 hours away. I bought two shrimp rings from Costco and some drinks to share. It was so much fun but the crowd and pain in his foot was too much for him to stay for the second set. I cannot tell you how sad I was to leave while feeling lucky to have been there for the first set. My son beat himself up pretty hard so I had to act like it was no big deal.

Sunday, all I wanted to do was stay in my jammies and catch up on Walking Dead episodes. My son just wanted to play video games and could not concentrate on the episodes, so he unilaterally (as usual) decided that I should watch him play video games. Again, so disappointed that I have no control over what I do while recognizing that he has less control. Also, yesterday was my dad's birthday. I miss him and my mom.

Could sleep last night, dreading going to the eye doctor today. My supervisor called asking me to reschedule since I have lost so much time recently. Do they really think that I didn't try to schedule it around work, that I like being docked or enjoy going to an eye doctor? If I didn't have to go, I would avoid it for sure. I called the doctor's office to ask if there were any cancellations but since there were no appointments until May 24th, I kept my appointment. Just a little more stress to throw on the pile. Luckily, my immediate boss is OK with it.

I guess I am shoving down with food the feelings that I have to hide. Also, I am sure I have binge eating disorder and am frustrated that my doctor is dismissive of it. I was bulimic as a teen and no longer purge, but the urge to binge never really went away other than briefly after surgery. My psychiatrist refuses to consider putting me back on Vyvanse just "to lose weight" and suggested making better food choices like eating green beans or salad when I feel like binging. Although I realize that she is probably the best psych in my area, this is unacceptable and I will have to make a change. I guess I should discuss this with her again at my next appointment and if she still refuses to treat the disorder with medication, I will change doctors. In the meantime, I cannot let this behavior spiral and will do my best to fight the urge to binge.

Onward!

diane S.
on 4/10/17 10:28 am

Greetings Glorious Maintainers

Well still at 134.5 after some mexican food last night. Sunny and almost warm here - Carbon glad you got some sun and signs of spring.

Liz I can sympathize going through the rats nest of papers. Wish you could find that POA - so much easier. I have one for my mom that I carefully guard. Fortunately we have a trust company that pays my mom's bills.

Diane O, weird about those 3 lbs and the floor surface of the scale. But it is what it is. I prefer to think of it as variations in gravity.

Where is Devon's puppy video? On Facebook?

BB you are doing great. I hear you about liking a drink at a party. I would probably weigh less If I didn't drink red wine but I have given up every single other food indulgence (she rationalized).

Well the art show is pretty well up. Gotta get labels on it today. Then on to prep for the dog show extravaganza. Have to get a list of drug store items plus assemble dog poop bags, clean up stuff, quest bars and on and on for a 3 day trip. Two old ladies and four dogs. What a zoo.

Dave I am going to look up your work bench but not show my DH as he will want one. And I wouldn't care if he got it but he won't use it - just add it to his collection of unused tools.

Well off to get something done. Be good all or don't get caught. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/