VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday May 29: Memo...

Monday May 29: Memorial Day (in US)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/29/17 2:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Memorial Day! We honor our veterans and the start of summer! On Cape Cod it means the tourists have arrived. The streets and restaurants are clogged. We had a 45 minute wait for dinner after arriving at the restaurant at 5 last night.

Weight 116, calories 1051. Some wine, but my food was good (lots of fish calories).

The other 2 hydrangeas were planted yesterday and we got our beach stickers for the summer (a Memorial weekend tradition). Too bad it is cool and rainy again. We get a break from extra relatives and funeral preparation today which I'm looking forward to. Of course instead I'll be paying bills and doing errands, but it is nice to be a little normal today before the actual funeral events the next few days.

I hope you all have a great day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 5/29/17 5:15 am, edited 5/28/17 10:18 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 134.4

Macros: Cals - 1,761, Carbs - 188, Fat - 59, Protein - 113, Fiber - 28

Veggies/fruits: 6 (goal is 7)

Sleep: 6 hours

Exercise: None

Happy Memorial Day. I hope we all have a relaxing, enjoyable and (if it applies) productive holiday. :)

It seems I've sustained an exercise-related injury -- a thigh/groin muscle pull. I'm sure I got it from pushing a bit hard on leg stretches at yoga class, which clearly wasn't the point of the pose. ;)

Until it heals I'll need to wear a stretchy thigh "brace," which actually looks like Spandex for athletes. Therefore, this week's theme needs to remind me to be kind to myself, patient, and a little smarter -- kind of like losing weight.

GRADUALLY it is.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Paula1965
on 5/29/17 5:49 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Scale tipped 140.2 today. A new decade in the wrong direction. Booooo. Very hard to even type that but Ostrich behavior is only going to hurt me more. Very little bathroom activity the last several days so hopefully that is some of it.

Marching in Memorial Day parade and then to the service that our little town holds each year. Scouts march and lead the pledge at the service. DS#1 will march with the band and sing with the HS choir and DS#3 will sing with the MS choir.

Think the day might turn out to be nice. I hung the new lights in the patio area and they look nice. I'm looking at getting a hammock for the yard! Making a little Oasis for relaxation!

Love to you all. Thank you to those who served in our armed forces and/or have loved ones that have. DH was an officer in the Air Force, though he didn't make a career out of it and didn't have to serve during war time.

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

carbondated
on 5/29/17 6:04 am

Morning everyone and Happy Memorial Day

everyone seems to be accomplishing great things, cleaning, planting, planning, hiking, being in the newspaper, wood piling, exercising and in general being quite wonderful!

the first of the summer festivals was the past weekend. There was a booth with delectable vegan sweets at $6.50 a pop. Hmmmmmm. Right next door was a mini- doughnut stand - a doz for $5.00. Guess which one had the longest line. Yup!

Shel25
on 5/29/17 7:19 am

Happy Memorial Day, Thank you to those who served.

I'm off to find Goat Lake, it is off the internet and google maps for sure.

Hug your skinny

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/17 11:26 pm

Well, I found Goat Lake on the map. How the HELL did you get into that back country?

brownblonde
on 5/29/17 8:22 am

Happy Memorial Day everyone. Remembering our service men and women today.

Back from vacation as of late last night. Definitely too much travel in a short span. Plus I had/have a "summer cold" with all the congestion. Feeling a bit like a brat but I actually couldn't wait to get home. In the future, will not plan "big" vacations back to back (couldn't help this time bc one was for SIL's 50th bday, and other was for DSD's HS graduation--can't really move those events!)

We stayed at an all inclusive and perhaps the congestion made things worse (bc I couldn't really taste anything, and I had a perpetual full feeling) but I'm over it. I've always disliked buffets, and all inclusives are essentially that. It's a mental block thing where even at the "best" buffets in Vegas, I can't get over my grandmother calling them "slop shoots" and wondering how long food has been out, and thinking they must have much lower quality food to be economical. And even all that aside, the fact that there are so many options overwhelms me and I invariably try a few items, and by the time I find something I like, I'm full.

I was going to try and hold out, but I went ahead and jumped on the scale this morning--156.4. About 2lbs. up which I don't think is so bad considering I've just been flying, and my, ahem, digestive tract is not quite back on track yet. If I can finish out the week back where I was a week ago, I'll consider that a win!

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/17 10:04 am

Happy Memorial Day! A day to honor my pop, my uncles, my grandfather and all others who have served. Both my brother and I were medically ineligible to serve, but I did register when I turned 18. Do young men still have to register?

Paula, you are in good company. My weight jumped up 1.6 today, so I am no longer in my new decade! I did not have enough water yesterday and I had a slice of pizza and salad for dinner, so salty. Perhaps sharing a scone with Ron was not a wise decision yesterday either...

I was musing this morning that I don't spend much time thinking about food anymore. This is very good in some respects, but I realize, too, that means I am failing to plan ahead. I know that the lack of planning ahead generally leads to an on the fly choice. My impromptu choices are often not nearly as nutritionally sound as when I plan my meals ahead. (wink, wink...)

Going to have our annual burgers and dogs on the grill this evening. Hopefully, the weather will warm up just a tad. It's gloriously sunny. I can see the fog receding back over the hills to the west. Pacific summer fog... you have to experience it to understand...it is one of the reasons I moved into Contra Costa from Oakland...I grew up with that miserable fog and truly dislike it!

My goal for today is to not get swept up in "holiday food". It's Ron's inclination and I am ready to resist!

Paula1965
on 5/29/17 10:46 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Males still need to register for the selective service when they turn 18. We didn't realize this until the FAFSA info for student loans for DS#1 couldn't be processed until he was registered. Who knew? Not us apparently even though I don't doubt they told the males at school that it needed to be done!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

diane S.
on 5/29/17 11:25 am

Greetings Memorial Day Celebrators:

Well 134.5 today so I am grateful for that. Off to friends to cookout and enjoy company. Flying food will be orbiting so I will duck and cover.

Somewhere I heard that at 3 pm local time everywhere everyone should take a moment to pay tribute to members of the armed services and those who have sacrificed for their nation. So I am sure we will have a toast at our friends. We usually find something to toast and this is a good thing. My dad was a WWII veteran, my brother served in the navy through ROTC and my only uncle, whom I never met, was killed in WWII. Lots to think about.

Hope everyone gets some rest and family time and those extra pounds that appear from no where go away.

Goat lake. Sounds like fun place to hike. And Paula, all your kids are so musical. Fun events. Liz, sending good energy to get you through all the funeral events.

Well I have to make cheese crisps to take to the party. The applesauce is already made.

May all of you who need to have some "quality time" in the potty. Put me on the list.

Enjoy the day. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/