VSG Maintenance Group

May 31 Wednesday

carbondated
on 5/31/17 12:14 am

Good morning everyone.

oh.... Shetland is great as is Sherlock Holmes, Ripper Street and Dickinsien (spelling). Also the gloom- fest offerings from Iceland and the Scandanavian countries are excellent.

excellent food and 40 minutes cumulative walking. My goodness it is frustrating.

Happy Wednesday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/31/17 2:29 am, edited 5/30/17 7:36 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I love these show suggestions!

Calories 736 (no time to eat any more than that). No weight as DD is in scale room. We didn't get home until 8:30 last night so I didn't sleep well with my tummy rumbling all night after eating dinner so late. I broke a sleep rule and paid for it. At least today we will be home by late afternoon (though I have to start getting ready at 6 am).

OH! Funny thing! BIL was worried that a family that had been close to them growing up wouldn't know about MIL's death. They showed up at the wake because they saw the information on FB due to my posting (one of them is a FB friend of DH).

Happy hump day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Shel25
on 5/31/17 5:15 am, edited 5/30/17 10:15 pm

Perfect about old family friends/wake/FB posting! A bit of lightness for both you and DH. Best wishes as you move thru this time.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/31/17 5:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you Shel!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 5/31/17 4:13 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 135.0

Macros: Cals - 1,777, Carbs - 188, Fat - 52, Protein - 131, Fiber - 24

Veggies/fruits: 5 (goal is 7)

Sleep: 9 hours

Exercise: None

Happy hump day! :)

Quick post this morning to say I feel so much better after 9 hours of sleep. Today's a busy one -- back to the pool, shopping, errands, housework, consulting work, and filling up planters.

GRADUALLY ....

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Shel25
on 5/31/17 5:16 am

Glad you got some sleep!

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/31/17 5:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sleep makes everything more manageable!

brownblonde
on 5/31/17 9:17 am

Planters are on my to-do list this weekend. I tend to put off and put off, and once I start the process it doesn't take as long as I thought. Plus, that's one of my DSD's chores this summer! I need to plant away :)

brownblonde
on 5/31/17 9:16 am

Weight: 154.6, pretty close to my recent-low. No idea on calories. I feel like I've been eating a lot, but that could be because I'm having such sinus issues that I feel as though I'm stuffing myself, yet I don't, and then I want to eat again soon because I didn't eat much.

Curious: how do you count cooked meats versus raw? Example: my husband made burgers on Memorial Day. He's very fussy and requires thick, big burgers, 80/20 ground beef. They were like 1/2lb. burgers raw!! But then I weighed a (whole burger) last night and it was 5.6oz. cooked. I ate about 2/3 of that burger (nothing else, though). I don't think it makes a huge difference, but i"m curious. I mean, obvious some of the fat cooked out as it lost nearly 1/3 of its volume. Maybe water as well. But it definitely retained some. Hmmm

I had a very old and fat feeling experience in Mexico. So much for bopo (body positivity). Hanging out with your size 2 18 year old stepdaughter will do that. Scratch that, the voices in my head will do that. I'm trying to remember this will take time to change, and it defeats the purpose of bopo to get mad at myself that i'm not magically transformed into a body accepting person! But I came back from Mexico and I've been dropping the weight quickly and a friend commented on how she could tell I've lost weight. Mood changer. I think I'l post the swimsuit (gasp!) photo as my official surgiversary update.

I'm also feeling more okay with not making "goal." I'm happy with where I am, I'm happy with where I"m going. The fact that I vacationed for a cumulative of 2 weeks in the past month, and still am about at my lowest (this round) suggests to me that I'm doing something right. I don't think I ate differently on vacation this year than I did last year, so that leads me to one conclusion: losing weight the right way, slowly, and WORKING OUT makes a sustainable difference. I plan to start back at the gym today!

One last mention. Yesterday was the 7th anniversary of my grandfather's death. Yes, I lost him a mere 4 days after WLS. It was such a living nightmare. We literally checked out of the hospital early the day after surgery, drove 4 hours, and I went straight to the hospital without taking any pain pills for over 12 hrs. My grandparents were more like a second set of parents. The los**** me hard...still hits me extremely hard. Weird how after 7 year it stings, this year for some odd reason more than most. Dealing with such a loss, on top of pain, on top of NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT when people bring you food in--a very big challenge to say the least. But 7 years later I'm so glad the surgery hadn't been just a few weeks later--I doubt I ever would've had the courage to go through with it. And my granddaddy would be so so pleased. I think we've commented before on families and how what they say to you about your weight can be so damaging. I was very, very lucky. My family almost "forgot" about my weight. My mom has always said "I'm so happy that now people see you the way I always saw you." Although my granddad didn't specifically say that, I know he felt that way too. One memory I have to laugh at, though, is that just 2 weeks before his death, and right before our surgeries, my granddad drove my sister and me over an hour away for a famous fried chicken dinner. It makes me smile. Yes, you can make crazy decisions like going to eat fried chicken before wls, and still be a success.

diane S.
on 5/31/17 9:33 am

Greetings Faithful Ones

Well, up to F------ 136 today. Mexican food last night but I made it myself and dinner was only about 400 calories. Too much salt and not enough potty time I guess.

Well off to the gallery soon and then to first appointment with personal trainer. Should be interesting.

Liz love the Facebook anecdote. I gotta admit I am a Facebook dinosaur but its useful.

Carbon thanks for show references. I am trying to get DH to start Shetland. Not sure I go for the creepy stuff. Makes me anxious before bedtime.

Good for Ann for getting lots of sleep. May everyone get all the sleep they need. Its a form of nourishment. Almost as good as chocolate.

So this morning DH told me I was a double winner. I said "What"? He said I got a letter from the IRS and also a jury summons. Well the IRS letter is nothing to sweat about after reading it but jury summons is a pain in the you know what.

Off to water the newly planted heathers and rosemary at the gallery. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/