VSG Maintenance Group

June 11 Sunday

carbondated
on 6/11/17 2:38 am

Good early morning everyone:

don't me why but we are all up. The neighbourhood dogs were going at it, enough that the deepest sleeper woke up.

just finished making cookies ( nibbled at the dough but no cooked ones ) and the lively ones have finished them with bowls of ice cream.

am going back to bed and hopefully the rest will as well but they have settled into charades. Yawn. Thankfully no one has to get up early.

a good day but not much walking and other then the cookie dough food was excellent.

Enjoy your Sunday. Peace, as David says, to all.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/11/17 4:38 am, edited 6/10/17 10:31 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Enjoy your rest (and the remainder of your Sunday)!

Weight 116 with bathing suit and cover up after 16 oz of water and a bathroom trip (only us formerly obese would pay attention to all these details). So that gives me a baseline, sort of...

Went to dinner with a large group of Aruba timeshare friends last night. Good main food choice (grouper), but ate some garlic bread and drank wine. Also consumed some chocolate chip cookies. OOPS! Enjoyed it all and hopefully won't repeat it all at one time, but I'm not going to beat myself up. I have weighed, so now I'm "reset". I'm having my coffee now and will go to the food store in about 90 minutes when it opens so choices during the day will be good at least (and I have leftover grouper).

Its warm and breezy here - just had a small sprinkle but that's normal. Next up: Walk #1 on the beach!

Have a relaxing Sunday!

ETA: View from patio:

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Shel25
on 6/11/17 7:31 am, edited 6/11/17 12:32 am

Supah Sunday to you!

Carbon, you have the most active night life of anyone I know! Liz, Aruba looks heavenly. Hope you can really unwind while there. Devon, good luck planning out your summer.....such a gift of time but so easy to fritter it away after such a busy school year. I would probably in up in the fritter camp. DianeO, things keep evolving for you -- I love watching your next step!

Yesterday's hike had snow flurries up top rather than the 360 degree view I was hoping for. The name of the hike is Mailbox Peak and from the pic below you can see why. There was a significant amount of boulder climbing in this hike. I am not sure you can tell from the 2nd pic, but someone managed to put in a "trail" thru those boulders. I can't imagine how they did it. Muscles plus artistry. Your national tax dollars at work. Hike was just under 10 miles with a fair amount of elevation.

DianeS, I am finding those noodles excellent in a vege stir fry with shrimp on top.

On tap for today is house cleaning, yoga class and DD errands. Peace and kindness to all.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

diane S.
on 6/11/17 10:04 am

greetings Summer People

Yep, it really might be summer though we had some rain yesterday. Not supposed to rain here in the summer. 135 today. Not sure how I lost a pound but I'll take it.

Carbon raw cookie dough in the middle of the night - what a treat. Glad the others ate the results. Hope you got back to sleep.

Shel you must be part mountain goat!! Can't believe those hike pictures and that you walked up all that stuff. Do you take a hiking stick? Sure is a beautiful place and love hearing about the hikes.

And speaking of beautiful places, yay for Aruba. Sun, seafood and wine. All the best things. Enjoy your vacation Liz. Not sure where else you can get the healthy noodle. It might be a costco brand. I will look into it.

Busy gallery day. We were having open studios and demonstrations at the gallery so a fair amount of visitors. Met a few of my "fans" and a lady who has the same hand disease as me and I referred her to my hand doctor who has the minimally invasive techniques.

Today's plan is to get to the gym for a bit. I intended to go Friday but famous last words. No excuses today. Peace to all . Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Shel25
on 6/11/17 5:46 pm

I bought hiking sticks for this particular hike tho I have always sworn that I wouldn't buy them. (Swearing I won't buy something guarantees I will own it. It is just a matter of time before I find a rationalization.) I'm a little tippy because of leftover chemo neuropathy in my feet (there's the rationalization!) The pictured boulders are steeper than they look but the section above them was even steeper and muddier. I unpacked the sticks for the first time for the hike down.....they were a huge help. Everyone who didn't have sticks was saying "this would have been a good day to brings sticks."

There was man who looked like a regular 55 year old dude except that he trotted up that steepest section. He was the true mountain goat; what a marvel! I never get tired of people watching up there.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

diane S.
on 6/11/17 10:37 am

Greetings again

Did some internet snooping on Healthy Noodle. Its a Japanese product imported to Seattle subsidiary Kibun Company. Their web site, kibunusa.com has interesting info but says nothing about where to buy it other than it is distributed throughout north america. So I am not sure where else to get it but costco. It needs refrigeration and I could not see any place to order on line. Maybe Asian grocery stores? Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/11/17 11:06 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Hmmm - I'll try BJs (that's what we have nearby).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Shel25
on 6/11/17 11:31 am

I researched it the other day, too. Healthy Noodle has a facebook page (of course it has a facebook page) and it is only sold at Costco and not every Costco. It also looks like they regularly run out of supply.

ocean4dlm
on 6/11/17 1:40 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Solidly in my zone. Reiki master internship 10-3, then home and my first foray into the pool for the season. I stopped at market on the way home for cold shrimp and cold rotisserie chicken. 95 degrees today !!

I may work two hours on Wednesday, but looking at a two hour payroll for the last two week payroll. Loving it !!!

Liz and Shel...keep posting pictures !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Paula1965
on 6/11/17 2:22 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

No weight, just got back from a glorious camping weekend with the scouts! Calories averaged between 1500 and 1600 both Friday and Saturday but exercise was high too. I indulged some **** cream cone, some marshmallows at the campfire, Dutch oven chicken pot pie) but also made some good choices (yogurt and blueberries for lunch instead of the pizza pudgie pies everyone ate and protein bar for breakfast instead of the maple and brown sugar oatmeal). I didn't feel bad about my choices at all though!

Got in over 30,000 steps yesterday and hiked up a pretty steep cliff. Was feeling all accomplished about that until Shel posted pics of her 10 mile very vertical climb! Yikes girl, I think you would kick my butt if I came out there and hiked with you!

Liz, Aruba looks wonderful! Shel - really would like to see your part of the country! Diane O - didn't catch if moving was in the plans for you or not. Carbon - crazy night time antics! Cookie dough sounds yummy! Diane S - I'm impressed how consistent you are able to keep your weight. It only seems to fluctuate a pound here or there! Love you all even if I didn't get a personal shout out to you!

Here is a pic of my hiking experience (with DS#3). We hiked up the Cliff, around the big lake and then back

to our campground site!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!