VSG Maintenance Group

Thursday June 15

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/15/17 4:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Another day in paradise. Weight 116, calories 1800. Some good and carby food choices but I enjoyed it all and am on vacation (so no guilt). We are going to eat leftovers tonight but go to a high rated restaurant on the beach tomorrow before DS and SIL arrive on Saturday.

Picture of one of 3 cruise ships coming into port yesterday (with DH in foreground):

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Paula1965
on 6/15/17 6:07 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Oh my goodness Liz, those views you have are just stunning! I see DH is working on his tan! Too funny that before the Alzheimer's he never wanted one!

Day off for me today. We were supposed to meet with the surgeon for DH tomorrow but I have a feeling that the appt. will be postponed as he still needs to bring DH's case to the tumor board to decide what the next steps will be.

Eating the last few days has been crappy. Not sure why I can't get motivated right now.

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/15/17 8:42 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You have a lot on your mind right now with DH, Paula.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Shel25
on 6/15/17 1:19 pm

The original surgeon or mayo?

We are pretty sure that we all know why you can't get motivated right now. So very hard with so much going on.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Paula1965
on 6/15/17 4:19 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Original surgeon next Friday and if he doesn't think he can do it we go to Mayo mid July.

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

brownblonde
on 6/15/17 7:25 am

I think I still overate yesterday. But weight: 152 and holding

Bad day today.

My second childhood pet (that my parents still had) died on Sunday. My parents were so grateful that they didn't have to put her down.

We found out Monday that my grandmother's dog had heart failure and she's declined quickly. Today my poor sweet and sensitive dad (who was so thankful he didn't have to take his cat to the vet) took my grandmother's dog to be put down. That has made me face to loss of my own cat again and it's just so freaking hard losing pets. Plus, that dog was my grandmother's reason for getitng up each day, and for buying groceries, etc.! My grandmother is 86.

And this comes on the heels of two of my dad's best friends losing their mothers on the same day last month. Just feels like a lot of death :( It's a fact of life, and most of the time I use it to try and not speak angrily to the ones I love and to enjoy all the time I have with them. But today I just feel down in the dumps.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/15/17 8:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So sorry - of course you are sad!

diane S.
on 6/15/17 9:58 am

Greetings Sun Worshipers

135.5 today. Pretty amazing because last night was gallery membership meeting which is more like a wine and snack party. I managed to avoid bread and crackers but did have my way with cheese and hummus dip. Also earlier had a small thin slice of pizza at the studio.

But I did have a workout with personal trainer which was a pretty intense one for me. Tried some stuff with a medicine ball and I had to use this real wimpy one. Oh well.

Glad you and DH are having fun, Liz. Wish I was on that cruise ship. Paradise indeed.

BB so sorry about the recent losses. Pets just never last long enough.

Paula hope the upcoming medical appointment goes well.

Our sun has gone into hiding for the time being but hope it will come back. Yesterday it was 64 degrees which is considered hot here on the north coast.

Well not much else to report. Keep on truckin' all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/17 11:18 am

Liz, I'd like some of DH's tan, please! BB, sorry about all the loss. It is very tough when it piles up. I get that. Joey, glad you had a good day. Too bad about your grandson's class party. I'm ever such the control freak I tell the parents what to plan!

Weight up a pound again. Admittedly, I was not focused on water yesterday (a mere 24 oz passed my lips) and my food choices, while minimal, were not optimal - half a grilled turkey sandwich, 2 chicken tenders, a cookie, a few of Ron's fries, coffee, even a soda, and to top it off, a dear friend brought me a pint of Butter Brickle ice cream from the little gourmet ice cream shop in Redwood City as a thank you for trimming her dog yesterday! Um, yeah, don't think I didn't have a small bowl of that last night!!!!! So, the rise back up after yesterday's back down weight was well deserved and expected.

I am feeling the need to seriously look at how I have scheduled myself the next few weeks and figure out a calendar schedule that allows me the time to do the things I want to do for me this summer. I am seriously considering not accepting any more grooming clients until mid August. I'm overly booked this week (from 6/13 - 6/19 I have twelve dogs on the schedule). Then I'm off to So Cal for the Great Western Terrier shows. The following week I have 9 dogs booked in. See? Too much!

I started my twice weekly sessions with the personal trainer. Oh boy! He has decided it's time to go to yet another next level. But, while heaving and sweating on Tuesday, I felt so accomplished when the resident Jack LaLanne of the gym (Coach Terry) walked up during my training to compliment me on a "perfect" set of dead lifts.

Getting a haircut, then need to run a few errands, do some bills and start working on getting my girls in their "maternity" trims (just in case), and at 5:00 BFF is coming by with his dog (formerly my dog) for a trim...

So much for vacation! LOL!

JoeyJo
on 6/15/17 11:19 am - NJ

204.4. I got in trouble at work for being late again. What can I do other than try my best, make up my time and work hard? Nothing, so even though I had a miserable morning, the rest of the day is looking good. A client brought in lunch for me and my boss. I told my boss to look to make sure I don't eat his favorite foods, but two containers were filled with stuffed cabbage and the other had two types of pierogies. The stuffed cabbage was really, REALLY good and meaty. I saved half for tomorrow. The pierogies were very little so I had one of each. One was potato and the other was a spicy stuffing or something. I don't know what I just ate, but it was very good. I was not looking forward to my tuna today and it was way past lunch time.

My daughter is still overwhelmed. I drove down to her house this morning with food and hugs (which is why I was late for work). Hashtag Worth It.

I called a little while ago to check on her, and she said she called my younger brother to see if the kids could get together to play, and he was complaining about his money problems TO HER! Even I wouldn't do that. He was talking about taking his family out today for pizza and then to the movies while complaining about his debts whi*****lude planned vacations and do not include foreclosure or bankruptcy. He is upset that he may have to take a pension loan. SMH!