VSG Maintenance Group

Monday AUGUST 7

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/7/17 2:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Usually I would be sad that it is already August (not April), but since I am counting down the days to December retirement, I'm glad to see "time fly".

Weight 115.75, calories 1201. Good thing I was low on calories most of the day yesterday because I was eating at 11 pm (usually I'm sleeping then). I couldn't fall asleep and threw some stuff in my mouth (protein bar and cottage cheese - not the worst, but I still shouldn't have been eating it). I think I'm getting back what DH used to call Sunday syndrome; when you are anticipating Monday. I don't think I've had it for a while because I'm generally not driving into the office on Mondays, but maybe I'm getting it because I don't want to work at all?

Speaking of which, someone recently told me that when she was nearing retirement and people were getting laid off she stopped doing much at work so she would be included in the layoff. I was appalled. I couldn't do that and still live with myself!

Have a great Monday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

carbondated
on 8/7/17 3:32 am

Good morning

Sunday was a good day. Picked 1/2 bucket of blackberries ans some blueberries. They are in the freezer waiting for winter.

virtually no walking. Off to work and we will be busy, but busy at work does not make up for a good walk.

The Sunday syndrome. A well known and all too true syndrome. Sigh.

the smoke haze is thicker as the interior fires in the province continue. Our small community is between bush and the Pacific, with one road in and out. No recourse except the water.

We need rain and more rain.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/7/17 3:37 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope it starts raining a lot and that smoke starts clearing soon.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 8/7/17 3:59 am, edited 8/6/17 9:00 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 134.2
Macros: Cals - 1,652, Carbs - 169, Fat - 68, Protein - 95, Fiber - 14
Veggies/Fruits: 3
Sleep: 9 hours
Exercise: Nada

Whoops, Liz -- it's now August, not April. Obviously, I needed more coffee yesterday And, yes, Sunday Syndrome is (or was) real, including insomnia and stress-seating.

Carbon, I so wi**** would rain like a [insert your favorite invocation/curse/prayer] and knock down all the BC fires.

Down here, it rained all day, so all of my lovely gardening plans morphed into three (count 'em, three!) naps.

This morning I'm driving to The Big City for my monthly therapy session. These visits are all-day affairs and include some retail therapy. And on my way out of town I usually get a small ice cream cone of something called Cappuccino Chocolate Crunch. Because how could I NOT reward myself with an ice cream cone after seeing a therapist about weight maintenance?

BTW, hubby continues to do better and better after being off digoxin. Yesterday he ate a half rack of BBQ ribs!

This week's theme is ... SMILE. Here's a good piece summarizing the many benefits of smiling:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cutting-edge-leadership /201206/there-s-magic-in-your-smile

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

ocean4dlm
on 8/7/17 3:52 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

I swear by retail therapy !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

JoeyJo
on 8/7/17 9:30 am, edited 8/7/17 2:30 am - NJ

209.0. Very upsetting number, but it's just a number. Yesterday, my stomach was absolutely killing me. After an hour of cramping and radiating pain and a trip to the bathroom (so I could rule that out), I ate 2 Tums thinking it was indigestion though I ate nothing unusual. No relief so I took 2 Tylenol, which I rarely do, and timed it to see if it would work. Within 15 minutes, I noticed the pain was lessening and within 30 minutes, it was gone. It did not come back. It was similar to PMS. Maybe my body was having phantom pain. I'm just glad it's gone and hasn't come back. It makes me sad for my daughter who has constant stomach pain from gastroparesis.

diane S.
on 8/7/17 11:01 am

Greetings Sunday People

Ah here it is Monday and I am not hating it. Actually weekends are kind of yucky in retirement because I feel I should stay at home but want to go out and about.

Up to 137 due to wine and cheese and more than a few peanuts. Gotta get a handle on this. Dinner was a turkey sausage (portobello swiss) and some raw sauerkraut. Same as the night before. I must get sled dogs and go on patrol in the freezer to see what is lurking there that needs to be consumed.

Gosh carbon I worry about you and the smoke. Heres hoping for rain.

Ann, ice cream cone after therapy on weight control! Love it. That sounds like something I would do. (I used to eat m and m's while riding my exercise bike). I am not a big ice cream person - love the stuff but somehow just don't CRAVE it. Have fun in the big city.

Joey do you think your stomach pain could be nerves? Whatever it is, glad the tylenol helped.

Well yesterday we planted a hydrangea that someone gave us when my mom died. DH always makes every project so complex. Can't just dig a hole and shove in the plant. Have to read instructions on the internet, amend the soil, get compost etc. But it probably will do better in the long run.

Yay its kiln day and I should have a few things. Sales have been good in the one gallery so I need to replenish. I do love the cycle of ceramics. Sort of a miniature life cycle. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/7/17 1:24 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL! My DH was like that when planting our 1 hydrangea last year. This year we did 3 more and though I did put the fertilizer we used last year in the holes, I think I got the 3 done this year in the time it took DH to do 1 last year. I guess we will see if they do as well (last years is doing great).

ocean4dlm
on 8/7/17 4:00 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Feel like I'm living a blessed life. Long story short, I've been driving an unregistered vehicle since mid-May. I bought my brand new Subaru Forester (for Sadie) in October. Apparently, they transferred the remainder of my previous car's registration to the new vehicle. Who knew my registration would expire eight months after a brand new purchase? No harm, no foul... have it sorted out. I'm homebound the next few days, supervising construction. Single door and double window being replaced by three panel, sliding door with built in blinds, to the deck !! Love it !!! Sun salutations easier to access.

Devon, the only thing that would make my life better is a puppy !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/8/17 2:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

How did you find out about the registration snafu?