VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday September ...

Saturday September 23

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/23/17 3:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 114, calories 1206. Someone posted this artice yesterday which struck a cord for me: http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/. Not sure it works this way for everyone, but it often does for me, especially this week. I had dropped my calories for a while but my weight wasn't moving, then "whoosh" the last couple of days...

We never made it to central Mass yesterday. DH got in a mood because I wanted to put the paperwork for the bank in my pocketbook and he insisted that he would remember it. It is a 1.5 hour drive each way, it was windy/rainy, and I didn't really want to be cooped up with him in a snit (nor did I want to get there and not have the paperwork - these days it is the exception when he remembers everything when we go somewhere). At my Alzheimer's caretaker support meeting the other day one of the other wives described it like having a 12 year old, and that is EXACTLY it!

We have a friend visiting today and DH slept well so he should be fine today. His routine yesterday was disrupted by poor sleep and the arrival of the new refrigerator before he had time to have breakfast so his meal was delayed.

Have a super Saturday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 9/23/17 5:28 am, edited 9/22/17 10:28 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 133.2
Macros: Cals - 1,875, Carbs - 188, Fat - 65, Protein - 126, Fiber - 27
Veggies/Fruits (goal 8): 7.5
Sleep (goal 8 hrs.): 8
Exercise: Walking (1 hour) + mowing (2 hours)

Weight is up, but no mystery why: Yesterday I ate more, exercised a lot, didn't drink enough water, and didn't poop.

Yesterday's veggies/fruits were: cantaloupe, carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, broccoli, mango.

Once again, I MUST stop eating tomatoes at supper. They give me acid reflux and delay sleep.

This weekend brings sunrise deck yoga and more mowing.

Winter is coming!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/23/17 6:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes tomatoes can be rough (with acid), but a ripe tomato is divine!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

brownblonde
on 9/23/17 5:59 am

Weight: 163.8 (whoa!)

I'm hoping that maybe my weight is going to vary for a few days because I was so dehydrated after stomach bug so maybe now I'm holding on to excess water. My official appointment weight was 165, which adjusted for naked morning weight is 163 at home. So I've gained 9lbs. in 16 weeks of pregnancy. I brought this up to my OB and the answer was lacking. She told me that 25-35lbs. gained is their recommendation...which I can google anywhere! I really wanted to know more about where I stand at this point in time. Because I'm obsessive about this, I've read that it's common to not gain much at all (like under 5lbs.) in first trimester, or even lose weight, then have the greatest amount of growth in second trimester, and tapering off toward end of 3rd trimester (because there's simply not enough room for full stomach and baby!). So typically women don't follow a linear weight gain, but doctor's recommendations seem to suggest that, at least from second trimester on. I am also kind of curious (and maybe she wouldn't know?) if between my sleeve restriction and tummy tuck restriction I'd be even less likely to gain excessive amounts of weight in particularly the 3rd trimester? I'm going to have to research anecdotal evidence. While I know it's safe to get pregnant after tummy tuck, she did tell me that I'd have an extra ultrasound in the 3rd trimester to check for growth because I guess sometimes baby can become more smooshed.

So essentially she said the closer to 25lb. weight gain, the better, and stated that there would be a concern if I'd gained over 20lbs. by 20 weeks (she didn't state it, but I'm guessing this is because they assume you'll gain at least 15lbs. in the last 20 weeks, so if you've gained over 20lbs. in the first 20 weeks, you'll be past their recommended guideline for the entire pregnancy?). I'm hoping to only gain 1lb. a week/13lbs. by my 20 weeks. To what extent that is within my control, we shall see.

But the appointment was very anticlimactic.

Other than that I'm definitely feeling much better! My mom, sis, and I went to the Pioneer Woman Mercantile for the first day of fall. I'm still amazed how well my sleeve works. Idk maybe this sounds like a ton of food to you, but we did get there for an early dinner (like 4:30) so I wasn't totally ready for dinner. But we shared an "appetizer" quesadillas. I had one wedge. We also ordered ONE sandwich with a side of mac and cheese to share. I took like one bite of each and was full. Except I did save room for a couple bites of pecan pie. Still, this is amazing to me. Prior to surgery I would've had no trouble eating at least that full quesadilla or sandwich, and at least half that pie and not felt stuffed.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/23/17 6:11 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I don't know how much, but I gained a fair amount in my first trimester. I didn't have morning sickness AND my breasts got huge. So if your breasts are larger, I don't think that is fat per se, just that some people's bodies get prepared for birth earlier than others. IMHO. And 9 pounds doesn't sound like a lot - just be careful about what you eat and you'll be fine.

brownblonde
on 9/23/17 6:20 am

Thanks! I do think NOT having m/s makes a big difference on ability to gain weight in first trimester. And after what I experienced this week...tbh I think I'd be more willing to accept weight gain that m/s (and that's saying a lot!).

My boobs haven't grown AT ALL. And no tenderness. Sorry David and Devon ;) Which, actually, I'm grateful for since you all know I have weirdness about that area of my body and I want my implants out asap so less growth means better chance for skin retraction. But it also makes me super curious because I must be a total freak of nature. I was 277lbs. wearing a 40AA bra. And now I'm pregnant and nada to the area!

ocean4dlm
on 9/23/17 6:21 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Freedom tower from Brooklyn side of East River. Having a ball ! Lots of walking and healthy sushi.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

VSGAnn2014
on 9/23/17 8:06 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Short and sweet. :)

FYI, in my neighborhood today here's a lot of stair-climbing happening to honor the first responders who died on 9/11.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

diane S.
on 9/23/17 10:46 am

Greetings Veggie Eaters

I am trying to become more like Ann and take baby carrots to the studio. I am lucky I can eat tomatoes without issues so I try to keep the little ones around. And sugar snaps are available now. DH used to grow them but didn't this year.

Liz sorry your DH is having more issues. Must be hard to watch and anticipate. So glad you have the support group.

Have fun Diane O. And Ann, what a good idea - stair climbing to honor first responders for 9-11.

BB 9 pounds sounds fine to me at this point but what do I know. But I do know of normal sized women who gained as much as 50 lbs and lost it off quickly. Wishing you the best.

Just had to go drag the dogs in from the back yard as they were having a bark fest directed a the neighbor dog who doesn't bark. Just hangs around by the fence. We need to build a big beautiful wall...

Well here's hoping our team does better this week. Time for the second cup of coffee. Oh, 138 today. No gain = no pain. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/