VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday September 2...

Tuesday September 26

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/26/17 4:41 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 116.5, calories 991. I hate when calories are low but weight is up. Bathroom time hopefully!

I'm in the office today for one of my last few visits as I don't anticipate being here more than once a week (probably less). I'm going to start bringing my personal stuff home. I'm also going out to lunch with my team for the first time in a LONG time.

Have a titanic Tuesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 9/26/17 5:27 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 132.8

Macros: Cals-1,608, Carbs-161, Fat-57, Protein-101, Fiber-24

Veggies/Fruits (goal 8): 8

Sleep (goal 8): 8

Exercise: Aquarobics

Yesterday's V/Fs were carrots, butter lettuce, avocado, green beans, zucchini, blueberries.

Last night I finally slept enough. Apparently, the trick is not to get out of bed in the middle of the night when I wake up, but to lie back down and relax. Happy to bring you this revolutionary new finding from the Duh! Science Department.

I wish y'all could see my outfit for yoga class today: pink Danskin tights, a pink tiered tutu, and a pink and green sweatshirt hoodie that says, "Nothing runs like a Deere." If our internet service were back up (it's not) I would post a selfie.

Have a good day, everyone.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Shel25
on 9/26/17 7:12 am

I expect to see that selfie when internet is restored, even if it is next year.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

brownblonde
on 9/26/17 7:27 am

Liz, I must've stolen your weight today (well, the fact that I'm maintaining. Not the actual weight!)

Weight: 161.8. Holding steady (and lower than my appointment weight). My next appointment is October 20 and my goal is to not be over 167 home weight. Now whether I'm willing/able to make that happen remains to be seen.

My stomach is definitely starting to expand outward.

Today my goal is to keep my sanity. Floors still aren't done. Mind you, they were supposed to be completed September 1st. So we bought a furniture set. They were supposed to be done last Friday, then the weekend, then yesterday. Well, we have movers coming today. I was hoping to move some of the stuff from the rest of the house out of the dining room last night, but they just shrugged and were like "nope, not done."

I know David said that a lot of schedules conflicts aren't the contractor's fault. And maybe that's true. But I am so DONE with this guy. After everything he tried to blame not getting done on my stepson walking across the sealed, not-yet-dry floors yesterday. That was his excuse for being THREE WEEKS behind on a job that was supposed to take in total 12 days?! When I pressed him on it, asking why he didn't put up a sign, and starting to chew my DSS, he admitted that he told DSS he'd be fine to walk across them because they were dry now (which they were not). Oooh that makes me so mad.

Hopefully it all works out. Movers coming today. Must be done today.

Shel25
on 9/26/17 8:29 am

Hello!

Foodwise.....too much snacking at night. If I type it, will I own it and move on? On another front, Trader Joe's currently has bags of super cute teeny tiny avocados which are just right for one serving for me. I have been mixing one it with a buffalo tuna pouch.

I'm having trouble concentrating at work. I better get back to it. Liz, I'm glad you are moving on to retirement!!!!

BB, 3 weeks is a very, very long time.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

diane S.
on 9/26/17 10:50 am

Greetings Tuesday Maintainers

Down a pound to 138. No clue why but I'll take it.

Hey Ann it is tutu Tuesday after all. Some kind of thing about wearing a tutu at 2 o'clock on Tuesdays. Gotta do a picture.

Gallery duty today in the afternoon so probably no studio time. If I had a tutu I would wear it to the gallery.

BB so sorry the floors are still not done. Household chaos is no fun. Go shop for maternity clothes!

Yep Liz, start bringing stuff home from office now. It took me forever to get mine cleaned out- transferring files to others, going through tons of paper, finding stuff I had forgotten about, dumping out of date books and on and on. I am sort of a packrat even though I try not to be. Enjoy lunch with your group.

Took Tesla for a good dog walk yesterday. Trying to make that a habit. Ditto veggies though didn't do too well yesterday. Eggs and Canadian bacon for dinner. Yum. Repeat tonight. Neither of us mind having the same dinner two nights in a row. My former self would have objected as I was ever searching for new adventures in food. I guess I still do that but now its for healthy stuff. Shel tiny avocados sound fun. Wish we had Trader Joes. Various forces have tried to get them to put a store here but we are too remote from their chain of distribution.

DH is updating the operating systems on our computers and devices. You'd think he was at NASA in mission control. But at least I don't have to do it.

Not much else going on. Dogs are basking in the sun. More coffee awaits. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

ocean4dlm
on 9/26/17 11:42 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

First official heat wave of 2017 the last week in September ! The heat is supposed to return to normal by the weekend. I had to wait out the dew to get the back and front yard cut before the heat! Lots of fall leaves, so mulched and bagged seven bags of leaves before the portable mulcher ran out of gas. I was about out of gas, so did not refuel it.

Don't know how I feel about leaving my hard wood floors behind, and being back in carpeting and vinyl. The carpeting is certainly more forgiving with the animals, but I know how dirty it really is, and want to steam clean every day, which I can't. BB, I feel your flooring pain.

Feeling grateful for the opportunity to explore retired life and make it my own. Liz...you'll love it. Begin to cut the cord now !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

LeapSecond
on 9/26/17 12:41 pm - AR

Finished up the last of the yogurt this morning. Just sad. But I did make a green shake with kale, spinach, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, banana and protein powder for lunch. I have to say it wasn't bad. I was thinking I was getting 5 veggies and 1 fruit. May make another for supper. The smoked turkey deli meat that I just finished at 2:30 is making me nauseous. It is really good meat. Just not N&Y.

I have been making a couple of work benches. I was planning on making a monster traditional bench but decided against it. Found a new design I can easily dismantle and move these to a job site if I like. DS#1 has a list of odds and ends he wants me to build. ordered the material and when I was unloading it discovered it was moldy. They sent replacement plywood yesterday. Delayed me a week and had to load and unload 2 times but am ready to start making shelves, 3 bed pedestals. Then finish the remodel on the pharmacy.

More later, David

BB, I wasn't making excuses for tradesmen, sometimes they are jerks no mater what business they are in.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)