VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday September...

Wednesday September 27

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/27/17 3:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 115, calories 1135. Weight back down 1.5 pounds due to bathroom. Almonds seem to help clear me out maybe because of the fiber?

I hardly did any work in the office yesterday. I spent the day listening to my people decide what to do with their futures and the angst of our previous clients who have no support now. Right now it looks like no one in our group is staying in our department. Only one thinks he is interested in any of the roles but the department head is unlikely to hire him back into that role. The others don't want the positions so are looking elsewhere. It really is devastating to the clients but the department heads are all new and don't really understand the impact (or perhaps don't care). Not my problem after 32 more work days (not that I'm counting).

DH had a tough day yesterday. He didn't sleep well the night before and stewed all day. He was so tired that he literally almost couldn't speak. He had been "perseverating" (Alzheimer's word for fixated on an idea) about a commendation his father received in the military. He asked his brother about it and apparently got the impression that no copies could be made. I assured him that even if it was sealed in a glass frame, we could take a picture of it and print it, so it would be just like using a copy machine. He took a nap after that and was fine. BIL said he didn't even realize that it was an issue. He actually doesn't even know exactly where it is, but will find it.

Have a wicked good Wednesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 9/27/17 3:40 am, edited 9/26/17 8:42 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 134.0

Macros: Cals-1.538, Carbs-153, Protein-101, Fiber-25

Veggies/Fruits (goal 8): 8

Sleep (goal 8 hours): 6 hours

Exercise: Yoga class

I look forward to some quality bathroom time!

Yesterday's veggies and fruits were a large Portobello mushroom, red yellow / orange small sweet peppers, sweet cherry tomatoes, an avocado, broccoli, and blueberries.

I got a yoga boo boo yesterday -- a strained and/or bruised left knee, thanks to some overly energetic Cobra and Hero poses. I took an Aleve yesterday after class and an Aleve PM last night. It's better this morning, but still aches. I'm hoping this morning's pool session works out the soreness.

Our freakin' internet service is still down here. Our phone company and ISP (Century Link) keeps saying, "There's a system outage in your area due to an upgrade that will be completed today. " Every day, they say the same thing. Since last Friday! BB, I am feeling your pain.

Liz, I can well imagine your employees' angst. Such a mess. And very sad. The good news is you have only a few more hump days before you retire. So glad you're getting out when you are.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

diane S.
on 9/27/17 10:25 am

Amazing how dependent we are on the doggone internet. Our gallery loses it when someone accidentally cuts the cable which happens about once a year. There is redundant cable but our gallery service does not have a provider that has it. So we have to take credit card info by hand and enter it later when the service is back up. DS

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

ocean4dlm
on 9/27/17 4:16 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Last day of heat wave today ! Planning on a long walk this AM before it gets hot, then some trim painting in the basement family room before the weather breaks.

Looking to shift my auto insurance back to original carrier. I'm buying out the lease on my Subaru Forrester early, as I'm spending way too much on mileage penalties. Turns out insurance rate is much higher here, because of the deer accidents. Man ! Also have to investigate an online defensive driving class to get my rates down.

Thank God for Halo Top ice cream ! Satisfies the cold/sweet desire and 1/3 of a pint is all my sleeve wants. The high protein ratchets me up that last little bit for the day. Just thinking about the old days of two pints of Ben and Jerry's or a huge dent in a half gallon of mint chocolate chip in one sitting absolutely makes my stomach heave. Grateful !!

Have an optimistic almost October day !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

brownblonde
on 9/27/17 6:01 am

Weight: 162 (up 0.2)

We had some nasty back and forth with the floor guy yesterday. He was ticked we didn't leave the check--but we reminded him in our contract the last 1/3 is due upon COMPLETION and given that we were far from complete on Monday, and even when we think we're close, we're far from completion, we didn't feel comfortable paying. I wasn't sure if he would have done any work yesterday. Thankfully we came home and everything but the missing medallion pieces are done. Hallelujah! Everything worked out. Stressful and fast, and not ideal, but isn't that the way it goes?! The movers gave me new hope in young people. They were very eager to help, would say "what can we do" and yet not to finish early because when they were done they were like "you still have us, anything we can move?" There was so much to move, but somehow it all got done in 2 hours! Lots of dusting for me to do while the men moved. And now our housekeeper comes today and I'm hoping to dig out fall stuff tonight...my heart is so so happy. I don't think of myself as OCD, but I definitely like things the way I like things.

On another note, we received news that a friend passed unexpectedly. She just turned 46. My husband played softball with her and we knew lots of the same friends so we'd see each other at parties, etc. She thought she had food poisoning and went to the ER and passed--they don't yet know the cause. It's just so unspeakably sad and hard to accept. Death is always hard and sad, but I think when it's someone young and unexpectedly it really shakes you. It seems to senseless and is such a reminder of how fragile life is and how tomorrow is NEVER guaranteed. Definitely put some things back into perspective. So seize the day TODAY!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/27/17 9:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

How sad about your friend BB. We really just don't know what the future will bring so we do need to enjoy life and everyone it!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 9/27/17 10:30 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Yea re the floors, BB! And huzzah for your young movers. There really are some good kids out there.

We also had an unexpected death -- a niece's ex-husband who was 40 years old "died in his sleep," a euphemism for "overdosed." Jeez, what an asshole he was, a charming con artist, drug-dealing lowlife. But he leaves three children fatherless. Even if he was a crappy farher, and that's putting it mildly, he was their daddy, and they are hurting.

Some children really have the deck stacked against them.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

brownblonde
on 9/27/17 11:45 am

My mom's first husband was this way. "Heart attack" by overdose at 64 :( Just glad she got away from that mess long long before it turned out like that. Still sad for the innocent family.

Our friend's death was totally unexplained. She actually had lost 40-50lbs. in recent years and was always doing 5ks and walks. I just don't understand it. I think young, unexplained, deaths really shake you to the core. Maybe because it makes me face my own mortality more? I will also admit it here that I have a terrible habit when I'm given bad news. I either grin out of awkwardness or disbelief or ask "you must be kidding." This was definitely a "you must be kidding" type of news. HOW??

diane S.
on 9/27/17 10:21 am

Greetings Wicked Maintainers

Actually not a wicked one in the bunch but I like the word. Reminds me that Halloween is on the way and I have got to get the house ready for our annual party. I may have mentioned that we get over 300 kids since our neighborhood is flat and safe and many are not. I walked through the candy aisle of a drugstore yesterday and made a decision to avert my eyes.

Still at 138. Yesterday was pretty sluggish due to gallery duty but I met an interesting woman who was a medicine woman for a native American tribe. She told me my spirit animal was an eagle and I was born to be an artist.

So this little eagle had scrambled eggs and Canadian bacon again last night. New menu or trip to the store needed for tonight.

BB so glad your floor is done. Now you can continue your "nesting" and put house in order.

Liz so sad for your co workers. Companies never calculate the hidden cost of changes meaning loss of employee productivity and ultimately the impact on customers. And your day was spent doing important but unproductive things. Yep, stay home all you can. Sorry your DH was perseverating. Thats what my mom's crazy roommate used to do.

Diane O, deer are a real problem out here on the roads too. They built a big fence around the airport runways because of them wandering on, though they said it was to keep terrorists out. I hit one about a year ago but it did just a tiny bit of bumper damage so I didn't bother making a claim.

Well Ann, don't hurt yourself doing yoga. The alkaline diet of lots of veggies is supposed to have healing powers and be anti cancer.

Joey, Dave, Devon, hope you are all doing well. I so love our little group.

More coffee on the way. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

VSGAnn2014
on 9/27/17 3:01 pm
VSG on 08/14/14