VSG Maintenance Group

Tuesday October 10

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/10/17 2:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 116.5, lots of calories. I was tired and cranky yesterday and ate way off plan. But I slept well and should be able to do fine today. I'm scheduled for WFH all day today, but I'm considering swapping my short Thursday for today and going to the beach as it is supposed to be another summer-like day today. Harder each day to be dedicated...

Have a transformative Tuesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 10/10/17 4:55 am, edited 10/9/17 9:55 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 132.6
Macros: Cals - 1,798, Carbs - 212, Fat - 49, Protein - 109, Fiber - 26
Veggies/Fruits (goal 8): 7
Sleep (goal 8 hours): 6.5 hours
Exercise: Aquarobics

Got 7, not 8, delicious servings of V/Fs yesterday, which were: Portobello mushroom, red/green/orange sweet peppers (lots!), apple, more red peppers, broccoli, and strawberries. Have planned to get in 8 V/Fs today.

Last night I had another bread craving and ate a seeded dinner roll (left over from recent company menus), and it was delicious, but nearly 200 calories!

Our aquarobics class has acquired almost 10 new members in the last month. I think it's due to the ancient rhythms of autumn and "Let's all go back to school" that vibrates even in retired folks.

I'm getting excited about my 50th college reunion next week. That's a loooong time to go without seeing people. I can't imagine that I'll recognize anyone or they'll recognize me. This is going to be weird!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/10/17 5:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm looking forward to water aerobics in the pool in Florida. DH went daily last year, but I was always working that time of day when I was there.

So you are about 10 years older than me? My 45th high school reunion is in April. I have gone to every one (every 5 years). Maybe because I was originally a high school drop-out, it has been important to me to stay connected to these people (my eldest DD was born in what would have been my senior year in high school). I don't go to any college reunions because I went at night to Boston University for both undergraduate and graduate degrees (HUGE school and nighttime classes are not generally conducive to friendships).

I think you will have a great time next week!!!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 10/10/17 9:10 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Liz, I'll be 72 at the end of this year and graduated from high school in '63.

I came of age in such a transitional time for this country. Was NOT boring. :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/10/17 9:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Absolutely not! I was 62 in March and graduated HS in 1973.

Paula1965
on 10/10/17 7:17 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

And I am 10 years younger than Liz! 1983 grad!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

brownblonde
on 10/10/17 7:21 am

I have always found back-to-school season to be even more of a time of new beginnings than New Years. It seems like so much does start around that time--I'm a big fan of the arts, and those programs usually run like the academic year, and with so many friends on that schedule, it just makes sense. Plus it seems to be less pressure and less dreary than its January 1st counterpart.

Weight: 165. I guess it's true :( But if I hover around this weight until next Friday, I'm still about on track, albeit on the high end.

My stomach continues to be a little irritated. Foods sound good, but then I go to eat them and feel a little off. I did have a burst of energy and made spice-rubbed pork tenderloin and a plum salsa for dinner with rosemary-garlic roasted potatoes and zucchini. I also made banana bread, which has been a big craving but maybe too sweet?! (is there such a thing? After wls, yes there is!)

Today the weather is delightfully cooler--highs in the 50s! I wanted to take hubs to a pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins and mums but I think we may wait and take it easy tonight. Chili and veggies with dip on the menu for easy night tonight.

JoeyJo
on 10/10/17 9:54 am - NJ

206. Chinese food for dinner last night. I have been craving chicken chow mein and had no time to make my healthy version, but I did order brown rice, so there's that. My son is sick and asked for wonton soup. Since I was there, I gave in to the craving. I ordered a small and only ate a bit. I'm having another bit for lunch today and probably tomorrow. Good thing I ordered the small.

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/17 5:27 pm

Sticking to my guns and checking in, albeit on the late side of the day.

Haven't had time to go back and read what I missed while away, but I have an idea that a few interesting conversations took place!

Got on the scale this morning to face the truth of my eating while away. I didn't over eat, but I did not eat low cal, low fat, low sugar choices as a rule. Most of it was good old Pennsylvania Dutch (Deutsch) food. Soul food for me, really. Anyway, with the lack of sleep, lack of water and an airplane flight I was up 7 f'ing pounds this morning. I know it's not all real and will be gone soon, but DAMN, I should have just stayed off the scale as i had planned.

Packed a nice lunch and have eaten well today, so hopefully I will see a bit of a downward trend start up tomorrow.

I have said this before, but I will say it again: After a lifetime of eating dysfunction and the weight gain (and loss) that has accompanied my dysfunction, I'm sort of tired of the whole food thing. Yet, when I don't give a **** about not giving a **** I generally follow a path strewn with sugar. And we know that sugar be my gateway drug! Pretty soon all I really want is sugar this and sugar that. So knowing that, I generally try to stay away from too much sugar. My coping strategy the last 4 weeks of stress around school and puppies has been to eat sugar becaus I didn't care that I didn't care. Then when I began to take stock my little sugar demon was whispering in my ear about waiting until I got back from PA to really focus on limiting sugar. LOL! I am amused in a way be how easy it is to fall back so easily into the abuse pattern. Lord, I'm thankful stopping smoking was traumatic enough that I never entertain the idea of smoking seriously. Whenever I think of smoking I am able to think it straight through to being back at a pack + habit a day in short order. Oh, to learn to do that with ice cream and cookies!

Must get back to puppies and dogs and organizing papers. Have to run over to my dad's, too. His old dog (a Cairn terrier that I bred) is almost 16 and starting to really slow down. He's not eating today, so Pop wants me to come check on him. After that the BFF is coming over to have dinner and unload. Don't have much in reserve for him, so I hope it's not too intense. Talk about jumping back into the fire!