VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday, November...

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/15/17 3:56 am, edited 11/15/17 3:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 116.7, calories 1417. 1.5 slices of Irish bread (homemade wonderful, not dry as some think Irish bread is) entered my body yesterday. Considering that it is birthday week for DH (he turns 65 today), and there has been a chocolate cake, apple pie, pastries and the Irish bread in the house, it seems like I had the least evil item. I think it will be gone by late this morning thank god. Only one more birthday celebration (out for dinner tonight with DS and friends).

So that does somewhat lead into the conversation yesterday. In the past I also would have said ?F? it, I already ate one thing off plan, I might as well continue. I stop because I have developed better habits, I see the results of that ingestion on my calorie level in tracking, I know that I will see the results on the scale in the morning if I continue, AND my VSG is probably going to cause me to not feel very good intestinally if I continue. I always feel like weighing myself in the morning is a reset, which really helps me mentally.

Nice to hear from you Joey, though it sounds like you still have a lot going on. I hate that serving stuff - it so annoys me especially on something touted to be healthy.

More packing for Florida today. I got most of the non-clothing items in the car. DH has laid out most of his clothing so I can go through it (I made him a list), and I have most of mine laid out as well. I want to finish putting out and boxing the warm weather clothing today, start laying out the small bags with our travel stuff on Friday, and get the last minute stuff staged on Saturday (we have a clinical trial appointment in Boston tomorrow). We drive to Fredericksburg VA on Sunday, so I want to be gone by 8 if possible. DH has gotten slower in the mornings than he used to be so it may be a challenge.

Have a well-balanced Wednesday.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 11/15/17 5:22 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 130.8
Macros: Cals - 1,688, Carbs - 194, Fats - 50. Protein - 104, Fiber - 32
Veggies/Fruits (goal 8): 8
Sleep (goal 8 hrs.): 8 hrs.
Exercise: Yoga class

Quick post this morning ... yesterday's V/Fs came from a honeycrisp apple (delicious!), black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, bamboo shoots, spinach, and blueberries.

It's raining this morning, and we're happy to have it.

Today: Take a long, slow gentle inhale and a long, slow gentle exhale.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Paula1965
on 11/15/17 5:39 am
VSG on 04/01/15

No weight today. Yesterday's was exactly the same as the day before.

Still working on appointments and insurance approvals for Ben's next steps at Mayo - it is never ending but we feel like we are at least making some strides to getting things on the docket.

Gave DS#1 his eviction notice for January 1. It is past time. Instead of blowing up and leaving the house in a huff with suicide threats, he is actually fairly calm - talking to friends about roommate situations, packing up items he doesn't currently use, talking about how to establish credit etc. I think he is ready for the change too!

Think I will try to make an appointment for Dysport injections today (like Botox). My PS office is running a special! May try to get in for a massage in the next few days as well. Time for some self-care! Need to add exercise to that self-care list! Wish my knee agreed!

Happy Hump Day my friends!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/15/17 5:47 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm glad you are doing some self-care. So important! We had a conversation about that at my former team's goodbye lunch on Monday. We need to take care of ourselves to be able to effectively take care of others.

On that note, I did my pre-op tests yesterday in preparation for 12/14 brow/eyelid surgery. When they asked if I was employed, I hesitated - it was the first time I said that I was retired to someone in that role!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 11/15/17 6:27 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Good for you, Paula!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

CC C.
on 11/15/17 10:20 am

My best friend uses Dysport vs. Botox and says it lasts longer and works better on strong forehead muscles to smooth out wrinkles...

So glad your discussion with your son went smoothly and that you're getting things moving with Mayo. They are wonderful and work like clockwork once the insurance part is out of the way and you're set up in the pipeline. I mentioned my dad is getting treatment there for bladder cancer and my cousin-in-law from Atlanta just started with them for prostate cancer surgery/treatment. My dad said last night they treated 1.3 milion patients at all their facilities last year from all 50 states and 137 countries. That's a lot of people to move through! Fingers crossed your hurdles are out of the way asap and your husband is in their care.

brownblonde
on 11/15/17 5:46 am

Today is doctor day. It's my "24 week appointment" but a few days early because company was arriving Friday.

Home scale says 173.2. So doctor will probably say 175. Which means a gain of about 6lbs. (Actually last time I watched them write down 168 when in reality it was 168.8--normally that would delight me, but this time it means it may look like I gained 7 as opposed to 6. Obsessive much?) I'm trying to be okay with this. My baby is growing and this is a rare time I have a legit excuse. And loosening the reins now doesn't HAVE to mean loss of control. Amiright?

I can tell hubby is starting to stress about his family coming. On the one hand we want everything to be *perfect*. But the way his family teases is kinda mean-spirited (although I don't internalize it as much as he does) so even with everything we've done to the house this year, I'm sure his brother will "tease" him about how we cheaped out (or some derivation of this) and should've gone with XYZ.

Ahhh gotta love family!! I'm around my family all the time, though, so I guess everything just kind of gets put out there in small doses. No bottling up.

I picked up some egg white salad from TJ's. I'll let y'all know how that goes. Pretty low cal and high protein. The tricky thing I'm experiencing during this pregnancy is not only do I have a bad snacking habit in general, I NEED one now (bc I eat such small meals). Trouble is my snacks tend to be very empty calories--especially right now just sugar and carbs :( So I'm attempting to locate healthy small protein-laden snacks. So far I've got string cheese and grapes or apple, those little nut and cheese snacks, egg salad with either pretzel chips or celery, and Sam's has a light cranberry chicken salad that comes individually and I thought would be great with celery.

diane S.
on 11/15/17 10:23 am

Greetings Marvelous Maintainers

140 today. Our scale is getting sort of flakey and flutters around. Its a very expensive one so I don't wish to tra**** I guess I can live with a morning weight estimate.

DH is reporting that is "fixed" eye has much better vision now than the unfixed one and he notices a big difference. We see the doctor for follow up today. I think we need to get the left lens popped out of his glasses as he now can't see through it. Meanwhile I am kind of stuck here since I need to haul him around. Its a rainy sleepy kind of day so many indoor projects to address.

Yep Liz, its weird telling people you are retired. After awhile it gets to be fun. Hope the clinical trials visit goes well and your trip to Florida too.

So good to hear from you Joey. Check in when you can.

Glad things are moving ahead with your son, Paula. Sounds like he is finally ready to do this.

BB, holidays with the family. Gotta love them but we don't get to choose them. Here's hoping you can "baby" yourself and not get too worried about what they say. And hey, I remember those chicken salad individual cups which I used to get at Costco. They are quite good. I had forgotten about them but I am going to get more. Maybe today when we go to the big city for the eye doctor. And maybe get some veggies as per the inspiration of Ann the veggie queen. But for now, more coffee......

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 11/15/17 12:01 pm

My mom was able to get her corrective lenses designation off her drivers license after cataract surgery because her vision improved so much. It's pretty amazing what surgery can do for your quality of life!

CC C.
on 11/15/17 10:53 am

Weight 169.6, 1313 calories.

Yesterday was a good day eatingwise. I wasn't restrictive or punishing after the toffee incident and didn't go overboard two days in a row.

I slept until 9:45! I can't remember the last time I slept that late. My poor dog threw up several times on my bedroom rug in the middle of the night, so I got out the carpet cleaner machine and went to town on the offended areas at 2am. Then I had to clean out the machine. Ick. That had me awake until after 5, so while my total sleep was a bit broken at least I got it all of it!

My city has a terrific activities and art classes program and I think I'm going to sign up for a painting class. I tried one of those wine and painting classes and my result was horrible, but I think with some instruction I might be able to do better... It starts in January. Do any of you paint at all? I can choose between an oil class and an acrylic class. Acrylic is easier to clean up, but I think oil is prettier. I'm torn.

Liz, good luck with the packing! I know it's a big job packing for that long for just one person, let alone two! And nice work with the Irish soda bread. That can be delicious!