VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday November 24t...

Friday November 24th

Paula1965
on 11/24/17 3:46 am, edited 11/24/17 3:54 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Beautious Black Friday Friends!

No, I'm not up early for the shopping (but did some on-line stuff before bed last night). I'm up to go to work - have to be there at 6:30 with about a 40 minute commute. I should only have a 1/2 day which is good because I don't think I slept more than an hour!

T-Day was good. The kids got along (unheard of) and for the first time in FOREVER we sat around the kitchen table and played a game and laughed and had fun with each other. Usually the boys each just go to their respective rooms and get on their phones/computers, Ben watches tv and I go to my office and web surf. It was nice to be together for a change. Family time didn't last long as the two older boys went out with friends but at least we had some time together as a family. I miss extended family at the Holidays and my boys have never really had much of it with Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles and Cousins all living far away.

Hope you all had glorious days yesterday that spill over into a glorious weekend!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/24/17 3:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 117.2, calories (estimated) 1400-1500 (which I don't think was too bad considering).

Good morning! I hope everyone celebrating Thanksgiving had a great day. We enjoyed our day at a friends here in Florida and I felt comfortable with what I ate. I had a little of everything I enjoy, but not to excess.

Today we need to continue getting stuff cleaned up and put away in Florida, but it will be at a slower pace than yesterday early morning. I was washing floors at 3:30 yesterday morning and again during the mid-morning. Apparently I used muscles and joints not used to that kind of work because my hands and shoulders are extremely stiff and sore today. Hopefully they will loosen up over the day, but it is painful just holding a coffee cup this morning! I will have to use different motions today.

Have a fascinating Friday (good luck shopping if that's what you do - I'll be picking up stuff for the condo but that's it for me shopping today)!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LeapSecond
on 11/24/17 1:46 pm - AR

I regrouted the tile at my house 2 weeks ago. I still feel it when I move a certain way. Not trying to be negative and say you have 2 weeks. Just being sympathetic.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

ocean4dlm
on 11/24/17 4:15 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Paula...it sounds like you experienced some "family synergy" and that the moon and stars are aligning for you. It's about time ! Liz.. I clean when I am unsettled too. I enjoyed picturing each of you enjoying your day.

Chuck and I had a quiet meal and Yahtzee tournament. Our big traditional dinner with my family is Saturday. My 89 year old mother was hospitalized with pneumonia yesterday. She's been getting it annually, despite preventive measures, and bounces back a bit less each time. Both girls will be with us, which is a blessing !

Taking down fall decorations today, and getting holiday decorations organized. The first time in a new house is so exciting !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

brownblonde
on 11/24/17 4:31 am

Paula-glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving, sorry you have to work today.

Liz-cleaning the floors at 3:30? 3:30am??

Diane O.-quiet dinner and Yahtzee sounds like just the ticket.

I'm feeling tired and grumpy and not so thankful today :( I'm over inlaws. And my own family, tbh.

I guess everyone is just so different. I've noticed I've had a short wick with people in general recently and I think all the business of Thanksgiving made it worse. I gather that my inlaws think I'm stuck-up. Let's just chalk it up to people do things differently. They would have had Thanksgiving on whatever chairs one could find, eating off paper plates that would invariably be too flimsy to hold the meal and/or soak through with gravy, trying to cut with plasticware that would not do the job. I, on the other hand, was busy trying to put out food (all homemade!) and keep it warm, and keep the china, crystal, and silver corralled, and make to-go containers for everyone and not let the food stay out and spoil.

My aunt and grandmother did offer to help, but honestly it made things worse. Public Service Announcement: Please do not remove china to kitchen already filled-to-the-brim with dirty dishes, leftovers, and people trying to put it away, especially when the host asks that you leave it on the table. Addendum to this: DO NOT, I repeat, do not, move all the crystal and water glasses to one end of the table. This is NUTS!!! This was how my aunt "helped". Except guess what? Nothing changed (the dishes are still all dirty, on the table) except now if anyone wants more water or wine, they have to dirty ANOTHER DISH.

Obviously I'm a little overwrought today. I enjoyed all the prep, and I did enjoy using all my fun stuff.

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/17 10:27 am

You're pregnant. You're hormones are in overdrive. Be kind to yourself.

Holidays are rarely "perfect". The only time they are is in a 1940s Hollywood Hayes office approved movie! My idea? Put on a bathrobe, rat up your hair, black out a tooth, plop in front of the boob tube with a milkshake and a bag of Doritos (or whatever scandalous libation and munchies you have on hand), behave like trailer trash, watch your family's reaction and have a good laugh!

I know you won't, but doesn't it just sound like fun?!

brownblonde
on 11/24/17 10:33 am

Thank you for this!

And I love that you reference the Haye's code! I love old Hollywood movies. You're right--I just want to use my china, silver, have a Norman Rockwell turkey, and a long silk gown and a fur stole

VSGAnn2014
on 11/24/17 3:10 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

LOL!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/25/17 3:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

BB, it is fine for you to "want to use my china, silver, have a Norman Rockwell turkey, and a long silk gown and a fur stole". It's your house and as host you set the stage!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 11/24/17 5:39 am, edited 11/23/17 9:40 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 132.2
Macros: Cals - 1,959, Carbs - 181, Fats - 88, Protein - 91, Fiber - 19
Veggies/Fruits (goal 8): 4
Sleep (goal 8 hours): 8.5 hours
Exercise: None

Thanksgiving at my sister's house with her family was lovely, with good food, sweet people, and wonderful weather! And like Liz, I enjoyed a bit of almost everything, but didn't overdo it.

At first this morning, I thought I'd estimate my T-giving meal at 1,500 calories and be done with that. But then I decided to record on MFP what and how much I ate to check my guesstimate. The actual tally turned out to be just under 1,000 calories, which just shows how well a sleeve's restriction can benefit us if we partner with it.

Paula, I'm glad your family had so much fun being together; it was a sweet scene. BB, I hear you -- it's hard work being the Thanksgiving hostess and party-maker at any time, and I'm sure that pregnancy doesn't make it any easier. Liz, I sincerely admire your get-'er-done style. Ocean (which is how I think of you), so nice that your girls are coming.

One thing that was obvious to everyone yesterday was how very exhausted my husband is. He's just worn out. I love that man so much and treasure every day with him. This is such a precious time for us.

Today's theme redux: To everything there is a season.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.