VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, March 6, 2...

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/6/18 4:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 115.8, calories 600. Not much time to eat yesterday...

The skylight was in by 10:30 am yesterday with little mess and it is much lighter in the great room. Kind of an odd glow actually but I'll get used to it. We went to Sarasota afterwards to the Ringling Circus Museum. Just AMAZING! A couple of pictures below. Eating was grabbing a few turkey pepperoni slices at 2 in the parking lot of the museum and then having leftovers when we got home at 7. That's too long for me to wait to eat, not just mentally, but my intestines seem to rebel.

Justice was happy to see us when we got home. He is eating really well, pooping almost on a schedule and no messes anywhere. Our biggest challenge is keeping him quiet because when he first gets out of the crate he is super excited. I wonder if it is possible that he won't show any side effects from Heartworm treatment? In theory the worse time should approach by Thursday or Friday of this week.

Can't wait for nugget - it is true that we look anxiously for news each day! Paula, it is amazing how much strength you have for everyone - remember to always include some time for yourself to recharge to enable that strength. Ann knows this. Devon, I'm sure it is hard to feel positive when you are generally feeling depressed. I hope you can turn that around soon. Cecily, I understand the dieting mentality! I can't do it often or for long but structure periodically for only 5 days seems to help me. Diane, I know what you mean about "working" in retirement. The darn calls and paperwork! I hope Dave is cuddling adorable grandchildren!

Have a tremendous Tuesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ocean4dlm
on 3/6/18 4:35 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Five more days until daylight savings time begins ! Let's get those sleep patterns firmed up first ! Three more inches of snow tonight, and three more tomorrow night. It could be worse... they're expecting another 15" on top of the previous 22" in the capital district, where I relocated from.

DH is on vacation this week and lots of meals out as we adventure/explore around. I'm navigating fairly well, but I'm sitting at the top end of my range. I've been playing with eating back some of my exercise calories and have intentionally increased salt because of all of the exercise. Shel, I've been investigating women's snow shoes, which are designed for a narrower gait. Who knew ?! Our first purchase was clueless and cheap, as we didn't know if we'd even like it. Now addicted and more focused on the features that are important to us, we're looking to upgrade at the end of the season.

Nugget..... let's get this show on the road !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/6/18 4:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You are so active! I feel like my walking 3+ miles a day is good for me, but you guys are amazing.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Shel25
on 3/7/18 4:45 am

I totally trust your researching methods, but will add this link to the mix REI_expert_advice_snowshoe

If nothing else, it is an easy read.

The REI person who did my snowshoe class said that some types of showshoes are a bit better in certain types of snow. For example there is a brand that is often used in Colorado that isn't commonly used in Western WA. I don't know exactly what lessons to take from that except to say maybe talk to someone local, too, that knows your snow.

When I snowshoed recently, the other gals' snowshoes kept developing two hard snowballs the size of large oranges on the bottom of each snowshoe which put them off balance and added a LOT of weight. My snowshoes didn't collect anything. Weird.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

ocean4dlm
on 3/7/18 7:56 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

You are the best !! The REI article was very helpful !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/6/18 4:41 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I forgot the pictures! The first is of a circus wagon and the second is a tiny portion of the miniature circus created by Howard Tibbal. It is just AMAZING! I bought this huge coffee table book for $70 about the circus - the pictures are tremendous in it.

Paula1965
on 3/6/18 6:53 am
VSG on 04/01/15

143.6. Slowly dropping. Calories: 1115, C: 147, F: 40 and P: 61. I consider the day a win since the girl scout cookies arrived! I indulged, but fairly responsibly! In the past I would have gobbled up an entire box! I only sampled a few this time!

I was able to leave work early yesterday and catch up a little on the lost sleep from the night before. Happy that our afternoon was slow enough to allow me to do that! I work tomorrow and then have the rest of the week off - will travel a little on Friday to see DS#2 compete in the State Academic Decathlon. Happy that the non sports kids also have a venue to shine!

DS#1 is making poor choices. He is opting to meet up with guy he met on the internet for a 4 day rendezvous in Milwaukee. So unsafe! He knows I am worried and disapprove, but what are you going to tell an almost 20 year old that they don't think they already know? I pray he will be safe and it will all work out.

Liz, did you know that the Ringling Brother's Circus was started in the small little Wisconsin town of Baraboo? I will be about 20 minutes away from it on Friday when we go see DS#2 at his competition! I remember petting a baby elephant there when I was a kid!

Nugget's arrival is so close......the anticipation is mounting! Best luck on labor and delivery BB.

David, we are in need of some more grandbaby pics!

Like Diane O, we are getting snow today. It is pretty - huge flakes softly coming down, but I would rather have sun and warmth! Perhaps I should get motivated and put my snowshoes on (though I doubt we even have 2 inches yet)!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/6/18 3:14 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

They did mention Wisconsin (and probably Baraboo). John and Mabel Ringlings private railroad car was on display with Wisconsin on the side:

CC C.
on 3/6/18 7:54 am

Weight 167.8

Very little going on today. Just wanted to pop in and say hello!

Love the circus pictures, Liz!

diane S.
on 3/6/18 11:16 am

Greetings Tuesday Trippers

145.5 today. At least I am not gaining. Dinner was ground beef and cherry tomatoes. Seems like we are in a cycle of beef-chicken-fish-beef-chicken-fish. My cooking skills have really gone down and I just heat up what I can. Luckily DH is happy with it and continues to do well on the Atkins plan. He is out walking the beasts on this clear calm day while I sit and have coffee.

Love the circus pictures Liz and the fact that you get out and about every day. Lots of people around here have those solar tubes and they really do make a lot of light. Good luck with keeping Justice settled down. Since he is soaking up more love than he has had in some time he may not feel too many ill effects of treatment.

Well finance committee meeting was ok except I see a bit of conflict developing between two strong personalities. Oh well. We are proposing converting to the Square as a point of sale system from our clunky old quickbooks. We have 25 artist members and some are computer clueless so there will be much training. But customer service should be better which is the whole point of training.

Gee, I feel like I should run out and get some snow shoes. But no snow here. I have always wished I could rollerblade but I am way too fragile in hands to attempt it. But I am doing my balancing exercises while my coffee brews. Such a pathetic fitness routine. It might be time to replace my same old same old rebocks which are the only thing that fit.

Paula glad you got off early and can rest up. And it is so good that there are ways to celebrate excellent kids other than sports. I bet DS1 will be fine but understand your nervousness about trip. When I was that age I used to hitchhike alone! What was I thinking?

Nugget Nugget where art thou Nugget?

Time for coffee infusion. Take care all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/