VSG Maintenance Group

Sunday. May 27

carbondated
on 5/27/18 3:14 am

Good morning

3am and already the sky is lightening. Is not spring/summer the best?

i so enjoy reading your posts and am full of admiration for how you are all coping with busy lives, frustrating situations and sometimes loopy relatives. ( of course we are never the loopy ones )

And oh! How I understand how difficult death estates tend to be and how nutty/ mean people can be. A close friend of ours was in a much longed for trip to Hawaii and got a call saying that her aged Mother had died. Not an unexpected death but still a shock as she had been well when they left. Friend was due to come home the very next day and to change the tickets for the five members of the family was going to be outrageous , so it was decided o fly home as per the original plan.

They landed, exhausted, and very sad, and went immediately to Mom's house. Opened the door and it had been stripped clean. Nothing except the floor and walls and fixtures. What? Frantic phone calls.

Her very wealthy brother said that because she had not been there he had had " no choice" but to get rid of the "junk. "

the will had been flagrantly disregarded and any keepsakes that Mom had promised to her and her family were now at the dump.

My friend has yet to talk with her brother and it has now been 11 years.

It is hard to understand people at times is it not.

May today be filled with peace and sunshine. If not the orb kind then the heart kind.

carbondated
on 5/27/18 3:27 am

Just a comment to Diane ' s comment about spiking trees. Oh so very very dangerous!

Because when and if they go through the sawmill they can torque and bust the saws. People have been killed with the flailing metal and wood.

Nasty indeed.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/27/18 4:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

3 am???? Insomnia?

Weight 118.2, calories ? Another family gathering yesterday and dinner out.

The afternoon was for finalizing who gets what personal items from MIL's estate. Some stress as youngest BIL wanted pretty much everything of value and would make it unpleasant otherwise. Youngest BIL successfully talked DH out of all items in contention except one bureau, but it was one of 3 and since BIL is moving to subsidized housing there is no way he would have room for 3 anyway. My poor DH was manipulated into agreeing to let BIL have the antique Heriz carpet. BIL said because DH has MIL's white persian rug, he should get the Heriz. The problem with that is that the white rug was a gift from MIL 30 years ago and not part of the estate. DH gave in because he can't muster the words to reason with someone and couldn't understand the faulty logic. Executor BIL should have done the lottery he talked about instead of letting younger BIL hoodwink my DH. Sigh, at least it is done.

Today is supposed to be cool and rainy so I think I'll pay bills and then vegetate with Justice. I started watching Safe on Netflix yesterday. Really good so far!

Have a satisfactory Sunday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Miss150
on 5/27/18 5:56 am

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....The hardest part of the type of episode you described is not in the gain or loss of a particular possession, but rather the clinging-hard to get rid of- rationalize- forgive- let go of the Out-sized-outrageousness behavior so disregarding-ly dished out by said person who feels like s/he is some kind of entitled special snowflake. Those memories continue to cling and cut long after the importance of the things are long gone. Not asked for - not deserved- sorry.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/27/18 6:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yep, "entitled special snowflake" is what BIL believes because he helped care for MIL the last few years. Of course he sponged off of her most of his life due to a spotty work history, so he really owed her that time (not to mention that DH and I did it for several years prior). Enough said though. A rug is just a thing and it is important to DH that he and BIL get along these days.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

carbondated
on 5/27/18 7:38 am

well said.

and those memories burn deep.

carbondated
on 5/27/18 7:39 am

Oh, I am so very sorry. Dreadful, dreadful. As mentioned below it is not the "thing" but the attitude.

VSGAnn2014
on 5/27/18 5:10 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 132.2
Macros: Cals 1,649, Carbs 162, Fats 62, Protein 99, Fiber 39
Sleep hours: 8
Vegetable/Fruit Servings: 8
Exercise: Mowing

Carbon, lovely to have you starting us off again this morning. And it's so cool that the sun is lightening your world at 3:00 am. So cool!

There it is--the last pound. So funny how I can do the right things for days, and then in one fell swoop the scale finally cooperates. :)

Yesterday was really nice. For the first time in months I did absolutely nothing productive in the morning. I drank coffee, read fashion blogs, played on social media, walked around the house and property and enjoyed the joint. In the afternoon, I did get some laundry done and spent about 45 minutes mowing the last bits of grass.

Yesterday's food and V/F servings were excellent--two avocadoes (they're in season now and so inexpensive), fresh strawberries, fresh cantaloupe, fresh mango, organic lettuces, vari-colored tomatoes, and black beans. Lunch and dinner were salads made with restaurant leftovers--grilled salmon and chicken breast. Boy, do I love food!

This morning I'll piddle around the house and midday will head for The Big City and some Memorial Day sale shopping. I'll spend the night with friends who live in a downtown loft (where hubby and I also rented a loft for a year) to enjoy a rooftop barbeque and movie night with some other loft friends. Tomorrow I'll walk in some parks I love, do some more shopping, and head home mid-afternoon. It'll be a lovely weekend. It's an especially happy time for me because my husband and I met Memorial Weekend 22 years ago. He and I were so very lucky! :)

Today's theme: Love the ones you're with!

P.S. Paula, I was very happy to see the pix on FB of you, DH, and DS on FB at your son's graduation. So glad Ben made it there. And you, my dear, look beautiful! :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/27/18 6:04 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a lovely memory of your DH - when you met!

And I second your comments to Paula - great pictures of Addison, Ben and Paula. Paula, you are gorgeous and have the most beautiful blue eyes!

Miss150
on 5/27/18 6:05 am

Ann, your daily life activities and outlook make me smile. I think of Mr. Rogers song, ".... won't you be my neighbor?" I want to come play in your sandbox for a while.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!