VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, July 16, 20...

Monday, July 16, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/16/18 5:11 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 118.6, calories 1017. Raspberry/blueberry almond tarts are likely the reason for being above range again even though calories weren't too bad. Plus the prior day's high calories... Oh well. It was worth it and not eaten in the throes of anger or frustration (we were at a friends cookout yesterday).

Goats and Poke bowls. I do think goats are curious and he must like the look of you Shel! You know I have never had a Poke Bowl - I need to find out from DS where we can get good ones here - yours looked delicious.

DH still can stay alone for a few hours so daycare isn't needed yet. But the time may be coming within the year. Interesting observation is that he could talk and think better when angry. Yesterday when in a good mood, he was struggling again. Maybe we need to bottle some Adrenalin?

Have a moody Monday!

PS: When is Ann back from her trip?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 7/16/18 5:15 am, edited 7/15/18 10:16 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 139.4
Macros: Cals - ?, Carbs - ?, Fats - ?, Protein - ?, Fiber - ?
Sleep hours: 8
Vegetable/Fruit Servings: 6
Exercise: None

I'm baaaack! Got home yesterday.

My trip to Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, and Greece was wonderful. I ate amazing food and drank wonderful wine during the entire trip, and enjoyed every bit of it. I gained 4.6 pounds and am surprised it wasn't more.

The highlight of the trip was Venice. Truly, it was so much more wonderful than I expected. We were there for five days. I look forward so very much to returning to Venice. In fact, I look forward to spending a lot more time in Italy -- top to bottom. But I won't be doing it in July. it was very warm everywhere, although not nearly as warm as it is in the Ozarks now. Coming home reminded me of why hubby and I used to flee to Vancouver in August.

My post-trip eating plan is to focus for the next while on veggies, fruits, protein, and lots of hydration -- the usual things that slim people do to recover from a dream vacation.

I missed you all. I've done a little catching up this morning, but probably won't consume everything you've posted these last two weeks. I'll figure it out though.

This week I'll be unpacking, laundering, going through mail, and getting back into the daily groove, including daily exercise.

As hubby used to say, "It's good to go and good to come home."

Today's oldie-goldie theme: Be here now.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/16/18 5:32 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Welcome back! I would LOVE to go back to Italy when you go (though I'm guessing that kind of trip will be off the table after this year). I thought Venice was magical, but loved everything in Italy. The art, the history, the architecture, the food, the landscape...

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

brownblonde
on 7/16/18 7:35 am

Welcome back!

I too loved Italy. Though I might have liked Greece even better. Hubby and I did Greece and Southern Italy after I passed the bar. Athens-Santorini-Rome-Amalfi Coast. I definitely think Italy has to be done in small bites. I would like to go back to Amalfi when it's less crowded. We were there mid-August and it was PACKED! I've heard very good things about Lake Como and Cinque Terre. I've heard mixed reviews about Venice, but so glad you enjoyed it and I'll definitely have to check it out.

Paula1965
on 7/16/18 10:50 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Welcome back Ann! I have not been here much myself so we can both catch up together!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

brownblonde
on 7/16/18 5:30 am

Reading yesterdays post I was sad to have missed it. Diane O. and Shel-Oh wow those poke bowls looked amazing. And Liz Cape Cod (that's where that is, right?) looks so inviting--adding it to my bucket list. I imagine I'd like the beaches on the east coast. I have friends *****nt out homes for a week in Hilton Head, NC. Like to see there too. (I am only really familiar with gulf beaches and Miami beaches here in usa)

Goat yoga seems to be a thing

I'm missing Ann too. Need my f/v inspo. And perhaps a patio picture.

Paula-have not stopped thinking about you. We want to support you in whatever way we can as you go along this journey.

Weight: 166.4 Kinda shocked it wasn't higher since I ate weekend yesterday.

I had a productive yet unproductive weekend. I need double or triple of it. DH drove back Friday night so he got in late. Some of you might have seen on Facebook that my potted plants are dying. Mostly from user error because apparently these plants don't like full sign and I have a hot Western exposure house :( At this point I'm pretty much hoping they'll die so I can stop spending time on them. Anyway, Becca and I went on a hunt for "end of season sale" plants. Maybe it's not user error--everything was dead or dying everywhere I went. Sad. Woke up early Saturday and went to coffee with friends, some of whom had not yet met Becca! Then took Becca to meet one of the ladies who threw a baby shower for us--and she had not yet met. Then we went to the farmer's market. Love love it. So nice to see farmers selling their wares. Picked up cantaloupe, Japanese eggplant, yellow squash, okra, grape tomatoes, cucumber, and some awesome almond biscotti, I played with Becca most of the afternoon (unfortunately, as luck would have it, it was overcast or rainy all weekend, so no swimming) so Rich could get bills etc. done. Went to drive in with DSD and Becca to see Skyscraper. A little too late for this momma. And yesterday we celebrated my sister's birthday (she had been in Europe over her actual bday).

Hoping to get down a routine today and this week.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/16/18 5:35 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a full weekend you had even with less than optimal weather. Becca is learning how to be a woman on the go from her Mom!

carbondated
on 7/16/18 6:40 am

Good morning

lots of welcomes to travellers, poke bowls, goats and day trippers. Such fun

but not in my little world. For the first time in forever I was out of control with food. Ate everything that was not nailed down. And am paying the piper today.

upon reflection can trace it back to a huge panic attack that came out the blue while driving. And reverted back to self soothing with food. Very silly but there you have it.

was up early this morning re-tracing where the attack hit me ( going down a curving steep steep hill) and aced it three times. On the first run a suicidal fawn nearly went to his maker but he scampered away, and I carried on.

so today will be a better day!

VSGAnn2014
on 7/16/18 6:45 am, edited 7/16/18 2:46 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Carbon, a question (to better understand): This morning were you mentally re-tracing the site where the panic attack hit you -- or did you actually get in your car and drive three times down the same highway where you had the panic attack?

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

carbondated
on 7/16/18 9:16 am

Thanks. Actually got in the car and drove the route.