VSG on 05/27/15

1. Within Range: Day #2 just over
  2. General Wellbeing: 8 on SS (Serenity Scale) ; needed Sudafed for allergies
  3. 10,000+ Steps: 3,486
  4. Fitness: weed wacking at site
  5. Self-Care: ordered new Rodan and Fields skin care product
  6. Play/Leisure: Played Scrabble with DC
  7. Interest/Talent/Skill: Looking for my knitting bag

Weather in the 50's yesterday and rainy. Yes, I did find a break in the rain to weed wack the "front lawn" at our site (so my soon to occur autumn display looks intentional). All of this rain has meant healthy grass growth, and all of my seeding at home is progressing fabulously. Frost warning tonight, so mums stay inside the RV another night ! Diane, I sure could use some Scrabble pointers ! Couldn't think of a word ending in j to save my life.

Went out to lunch yesterday for soup and half sandwich... closest I've come to drinking while eating. Ugh ! One bright light moment for a picture ! While shopping, DC insisted we need a Nest home surveillance camera to watch the dogs while we're gone. It's all set up, and now we get a notification whenever one of them is on the move, identifying it as movement or an intruder. We can hear live, and speak to them. Some things to tweak for sure !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

VSGAnn2014
on 10/13/18 4:34 am, edited 10/13/18 1:52 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 132.8
Macros: Cals - 1,752, Carbs - 103, Fats - 89, Protein - 108, Fiber - 24
Sleep hours: 7.5
Vegetable/Fruit Servings: 5
Exercise: Aquarobics class, walking
Meditation: Yes

Oh, Diane! You live (and glamp) in a beautiful, beautiful place! Thanks for posting this photograph.

A lovely Saturday morning to all of you and your spouses, kids, lovers, fur babies, gardens and vehicles.

After the two Bonnies' big news yesterday, all other news seems to pale.

It's dark, cold and wet here. And despite all that, I'm in the mood to go hiking, so maybe I will!

But now it's time for more of Diane S's favorite vegetable ... coffee!

Today's theme (from Henry David Thoreau): "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/13/18 6:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 119.6, calories 655. We went out to dinner and I loved my meal (leftovers in fridge). Out again tonight and if I keep avoiding the wine I should be able to stay on this downward trend for another week.

LOVE that Fall picture. We stay green here for a long time because of the ocean so I won't see much color before we leave, but the air feels like fall today.

Isn't BB's news terrific? Nothing makes us smile and feel like life can begin anew than new life!

We saw A Star is Born yesterday. FANTASTIC! Lady Gaga nailed it (I think we all had some tears at the end).

Today is more dog/cat interaction (right now we are in the same room about 4 feet apart with Justice staring but both pretty calm). Funny how I read all this information on introducing them. When I was a kid and we added a new animal we just added them to the household and they always figured it out. I feel like a helicopter parent!

BA (begin anew) on this Saturday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Miss150
on 10/13/18 10:00 am

Helicopter mom for the pets--HA!

Shel25
on 10/13/18 7:52 am

Good morning,

DianeO, that picture was such a beautiful introduction to the daily thread. Thank you so much. Extraordinary. I keep scrolling back to gaze at it. I like the idea of "looking for" as a talent/skill. My name would be at the top of the leaderboard.

BB, your news is extraordinary, too! I also scroll back to that, to enjoy it all over again. Best wishes flowing your way.

B150, I was happy to see your post, I had been wondering. The Whipple approaches. I am so glad it is available as a treatment option, they have been doing it for a long time and I am sure you are in good hands. Still scary! Best wishes flowing to you, too!

So much going on in all of our worlds that from the outside has nothing to do with our eating/weight. The insides know better.

Welp, I better get a move on. I slept in today because I was at a deficit, because of staying up too late at night. Will I ever learn? Probably not.

Do nice things for yourself today,

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Miss150
on 10/13/18 10:35 am

I, too, keep going back to your picture. Last time I saw something like that was on the top cover of a 1,000 piece puzzle box. Beautiful.

Very cool here. Frost tomorrow and freeze (chances) Tuesday. Time to bring in the porch plants fo the winter (they are not happy with this; they thrive outdoors, and then struggle to survive under my brown thumb inside.

I have not yet been able to get in touch with my dad and sister, or any of the large extended family. They are all in Washington county- 40 miles due north of Panama City, FL. All land lines-cell towers-down. Patience in order here- I'm pretty sure they made it thru (surely would have heard by authorities if not), but have no idea of the damage- the town of Chipley was very hard hit and it is 12 miles or so directly north of the family.

On a different note- Lyle came out of the cooker- this whole guessing just what effect glazing choices will have is a bit of a mystery- not at all the same as color choices when painting. I definitely went a miss with the tiles- so- perhaps over corrected with Lyle. I'm not displeased- more bemused.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

diane S.
on 10/13/18 10:44 am

Hey Bonnie, Lyle and the tiles look great! Nice job. Yep glazing is really hard since it is not like paint. Our studio keeps hundreds of test tiles on display showing how each glaze looks when fired and how it combines with others. Hope you have some of those available.

Thinking good thoughts for your family in Florida. DS

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Miss150
on 10/13/18 2:47 pm

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm working off of paper labels and catalogue thumbnails. Test tiles would be wonderful! Would take at least a bit of the guessing off the table (but, hey, then I wouldn't have the thrill of the crap-shoot, so there.)

ocean4dlm
on 10/13/18 11:33 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Love your work and your gorgeous face ! Stunning and radiating joy !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

diane S.
on 10/13/18 10:41 am

Greetings Happy Campers and Happy Glampers

Diane O, that picture is so beautiful its almost enough to make me want to go camping. Words that end in J are taj, haj and raj. There are probably more. Getting stuck with the j at the end is so annoying. There are all kinds of scrabble lists that tell the q words without a u and weird little two and three letter words. I play on line all the time at a site isc.ro. It's free.

Liz lol helicopter pet parent. Cats seem to learn to stand their ground around dogs. If they run, its all over. Important to avoid any food conflicts too. I bet they will be fine.

Hey Ann, go take a hike! LOL. For real. You too Shel

Ok goodie. We get to go through another pregnancy with BB. Looking forward to it. Having two kind of close together means they will be very close growing up - a good thing.

A beautiful fall day here. Yesterday it was downright hot at the studio. We sold a few things and its nice chatting with art appreciators. Today is gallery duty in the afternoon. With nice weather visitors are likely. When its slow I go outside and knock the cobwebs off the windows since we have stained glass on display and it looks crappy. We have extremely busy spiders here and cob webs abound. I saw a pure white spider the other day and must research whether there is such a variety or if its albino. But spiders in my house get squished - no taking them outside like some people do.

So that's my day. Maybe some leg squats while waiting around staring at the Fresh Fudge sign. Our football game is getting recorded for later consumption. Peace and coffee to all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/