VSG Maintenance Group

Recent Posts

CC C.
on 4/25/24 7:38 am
Topic: RE: Thursday, April 25, 2024

Boo for deteriorating parts! You can put my fingers on the same scrap heap.

Yesterday I had an advisory committee meeting sort of related to the 501c3 I'm on the board for. I was almost late! I had it in my head it was at 1, but at the last minute I realized it was 12:30. Eek. I hate being late for things.

After that I talked to my bff for an hour to help him pass the time driving back to CA. He's fun. I also had such a satisfying errand run - all planned out for no harrowing left turns across 89A (kind of like UPS!) and 5 things checked off my list: library, post office, car wash, hardware store, grocery store. If only I had remembered I needed a bottle filled from the water store it would have been perfection. The things that make me happy are interesting sometimes!

Kirby and I are meeting with the trainer, Jason, tomorrow at 10:30. Part of the reason I wanted the first session here is that he refuses to get in the car. So hopefully he can give us a plan for that and then we can get to their facility in Cottonwood.

Today I need to pop a few plants in the ground and tidy my house. Vacuuming is a daily occurrence with all this fur and I still feel like everything is coated in it. I need to change the bedding too. He is so soft to pet though when he stands still for that and not a stinky golden at all (some are stinkier than others). I also need to dismantle his puppy pen in the family room. The gates to keep the whole room separate will stay up. So funny that he's never tried to jump up on them or knock them down. For that I say, good puppy!

It's only supposed to be 62 and partly cloudy today!!! Heaven.

The scale dropped 0.6 pounds. 5 more and I am back in the 1's. Mentally that is something! While I don't have any full length mirrors in this house (weird I think), I catch glimpses in the door glass and am surprised how much thinner and better I look in them. I think the reflection glimpse is a much better reality check than intentional mirror looking! When you want to see yourself, you see more of what you want to see. When you're surprised by it, you see how you really are. Same with photos...

Anyway, I'm going to start a load of bedding. Take care and have a great day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/25/24 5:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: Thursday, April 25, 2024

This morning we leave in a couple of hours to pick up DH's family members for an 8 day stay culminating in a family wedding celebration in Fort Lauderdale next weekend.

In the meantime today is injection day. I was much more hungry last night than I have been and my stomach is rumbling a bit this morning. Hopefully the injection will cut that back. The visit means lots of going out but so far I have been managing by making good choices and having lots of leftovers. I have to admit that my built in tendency to avoid wasting food still kicks in mentally (hence the leftovers). I think I mentioned that this family likes lots of snacks and appetizers? DH bought 3 bags of different kinds of chips, dip, salsa, and hummus. He worried about what to do with the leftovers when they leave. I said we could throw them away but I could tell he was unsure about doing that. Right now that would be my plan.

BTW, the kids we are picking up have a friend who lost a lot of weight on semaglutide and seems to be overindulging on alcohol. Their observation is that she doesn't have more than she used to but it affects her a lot more. I know they warned us about that with VSG, so maybe it is the same thing? I think it is a combination of it hitting the bloodstream faster but also the fact that our bodies are smaller.

Poor Justice is going to be disappointed that there is no long walk today but I admit that I don't mind. We took our formerly usual 3.5 mile walk yesterday, then I was on my feet cleaning counters for a while and my knees were very sore last night. They mostly recover overnight but the long walks seem to continue to be difficult. I suppose once my shoulder is rehabbed enough I need to see a knee doctor. Seems like all my parts are wearing out.

Have a thriving Thursday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/25/24 4:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: RE: Wednesday, April 24, 2024

I have known people who have seasonal throw pillows, blankets, and spreadsheets and thought that was a great idea! But never did it myself...

DiamondD
on 4/24/24 6:40 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

My goodness Liz, how did you resist those snacks when you and Mike first started living together? I cannot stay out of crackers, chips, and some candy. We can't have those sorts of foods in the house. It is easier to resist now with Wegovy (like Christmas fudge still in the freezer) but I wouldn't trust myself around M&Ms.

CC, Kirby is growing up and now he's going to big dog school! I'm so glad you were able to find a trainer that comes with good recommendations. This could be a game changer.

Peps, hopefully you can make it to the weekend and try to catch up on some sleep. Re your werewolves comment. Made me laugh because sometimes that's how students behave, minus growing the fur coat.

Diane, you are indeed becoming the one to beat in scrabble. Who says sharks don't have any natural predators? They need to watch out for artist/lawyer types.

Today went fine at school, although I'm still feeling rebellious when I contemplate all my paperwork. Romeo and Juliet is going surprisingly well. Today we got to the part where Mercurtio yells a plague on both your houses! You have made worm's meat of me!! They were able to explain what he was alluding to. Yeah! Simmering in the background though, strike vote starts tomorrow. If it passes, it gives the Union Executive Council the right to call a strike, but doesn't mean they have to.

I saw a deal of the day on Amazon: a tropical bedspread. Maybe we can't buy a house in Florida, but our bed can dress likes it's in the tropics. Something fun for the summer. Feeling pretty fancy, having seasonal bedding and all. :)

diane S.
on 4/24/24 4:52 pm

Greetings all

Mostly sunny here today. I spent the morning doing paper work stuff which was mostly clerical such as copying and organizing and filing. Also a gallery deposit and a series of errands relating to the paper stuff. No fun. I am not especially good at organizing and my desk is a mess and I can't find stuff for tomorrow's studio board meeting. I have not checked the trunk of the new car and must do so. Sounds odd but I might have put stuff out of sight while running other errands. Oy vey.

Studio time this afternoon. I glazed stuff only to find there is no room in the kiln I prefer. Oh well. It can wait.

Liz nuts are so hard to resist. Glad Mike is not buying them. Ditto the cheezits and m and m's. Too much. DH brings home candy but it's only mildly tempting. Crackers are another story.

CC glad the trainer is lined up. Hope you are rested from your farming activities! Must do mine.

We watched the latest of Palm Royale last night. Its hilarious. A sort of cliff hanger. Also watched "Loot" which is funny. Back to Shogun tonight. So much for funny.

Peps sorry you had such a long day. Parking lot nap indeed. Rest up.

Pizza for dinner tonight. Then it's gone and back to the never ending task of meal planning. I am wondering if the Chez Rat restaurant has opened up again. I have to go to the gallery tomorrow afternoon and may get take out from a different little place up there, the Lighthouse Grill. How did I ever do all this plus have a real job?

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Peps
on 4/24/24 12:58 pm

I am wiped! I slept for a long time yesterday afternoon. Luckily, I didn't have too much trouble falling asleep last night, but I did stay up later working on money stuff than I should have. Still fighting with the HSA. They finally approved my expenses (the last one this morning after a midnight email from me), however, not a dime has been deposited to my checking account. I also haven't gotten a check in the mail. Frustrating! I decided to put through my semaglutide receipts to see what happens there. It's a prescription, so there should be no problem, but who knows since the IRS has come down on these companies.

Weight was back down a smidge today. I'll take it. Weight would certainly be coming off more easily if I was getting the rest I should. My own fault right now. Burning the midnight oil was followed by a 5:30 am wake up to take my brother to his colonoscopy appointment at 6:15. I was at school by 6:30. I took a power nap in the parking lot this morning! LOL

Not much else today.... I wish HenryMeds would find a compounding pharmacy in CA for Zepbound/Mounjaro. I would like to additional effect of the GIP. I am pretty sure that if I can't get it I will at least ask to be upped to a dose more in line with Wegovy vs. Ozempic.

Wonderful Wednesday to all!

Peps
on 4/24/24 12:46 pm

Yay for inclusion on the training schedule!!!!! He's a pup that's ready for work! I hope round 2 goes far better than round 1!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/24/24 9:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yeah on Kirby's schedule and almost a pound. I agree it is weird that they keep advertising...

CC C.
on 4/24/24 8:52 am

Glad you had fun!

I heard back from the trainer and they are putting him on their schedule.

It's a gorgeous day here. The worst of the heat is past for now.

The scale moved down 0.8. Yay! 26.6. It's shot day. Still out of stock. I have some room, but I hate using up my cushion. I should count myself lucky. Some people have been without for weeks. Why would they keep advertising it when they can't supply the people who ate already taking it?

Nothing else to report here. Off to shoot up! Ha.

Have a great day.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/24/24 5:03 am, edited 4/24/24 9:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
Topic: Wednesday, April 24, 2024

It's nice to be home! Even though it is going to be a revolving door for guests until we leave. Today we need to get ready for the first arrivals tomorrow including finishing up housecleaning (DH already did the heavy stuff like floor cleaning) and food shopping in preparation. DH's family are totally into snacks and appetizers. No wonder they are struggling with their weight. They were surprised that DH no longer keeps cheezits, peanut M&Ms or nuts in the house, apparently he always had them to snack on. The nuts were the last to go not because they are necessarily unhealthy but DH inhales them. When he has them he probably eats the equivalent of 8-10 servings in a sitting. It was his choice to stop buying them btw and he says he has been losing some weight since he did so.

I sure hope Kirby gets a new trainer. I agree with Diane S that he will probably suck up proper training and be very happy knowing how to please his person with good behavior.

Have a winsome Wednesday!