Back On Track Together

Groups » Back On Track Togeth... » Discussion » Nov. 18 ...lost a p...

Nov. 18 ...lost a pound.

Tri_harder
on 11/18/17 11:59 am

I lost another pound and am 208 lbs. We leave on vacation in a couple of days. Nothing really different in my life. Eating basic food and decorating for Christmas and packing for exercise. I wish I could lose faster and I hope I don't gain on vacation. I haven't been under 200 lbs. since 2012. I know other people struggle like me and I wish I had the answer to successfully lose weight. I hope everyone is doing the best they can with their situation. Take care, Tri

goodgmissm
on 11/23/17 7:28 pm - Vinton, IA

So proud of you for continuing to take care of yourself. I've been in a limbo for several years at about the same weight of 215-220, and wanting to get back on track someow. I don't have a huge problem with what I'm eating so much as that I'm hardly ever moving. Someone challenged me to join a 5k walk/run for the holidays and I'm going to do it, even if I'm collapsed and wheezing halfway through. This is my declaration that I'm going to get back in focus.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/27/17 9:39 am

Unfortunately for normal people what and how much we eat determines if we lose weight and maintain.

Studies show that diet - what and how much we eat contributes 95% to the weight loss, exercise - only app 5%.

I lost my regain with a very little exercise. I actually started exercise to gain some weight as gained muscles weight. We often overestimate how much calories we lose while we exercise.

For me to lose weight I need to follow low carb diet, with moderate proteins and fat, app 900 cal per day, with less than 40 gr of carbs from non starchy vegetables. Exercise gives me endorphins, and increases my blood flow and helps my shape.

I had to get really serious and follow low calorie - low carbs diet for a while to lose my regain.

good luck.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."