2013 gastric sleevers

Groups » 2013 gastric sleever... » Discussion » HELLO AND INTRODUCT...

HELLO AND INTRODUCTION

anlwing
on 1/16/13 6:21 am - Rockland, ME

My name is Anne and I am from Maine, age 60, have been pondering WLS since 2004, and now that the VSG is a successful option I feel I am finally ready to go forward. Look forward to meeting all of you and being a member of this group. 

p. s. very much still trying to simply navigate this site - for instance I don't know what my signature is but am going to submit it here and we will all know. I suspect it might be a graphic that is full of mistakes I haven't yet figured out how to correct. If so let me just say briefly that my highest weight was in Dec. 2010 at 384. When weighed last week was 342. 

START WT-384 LBS    IN THIS CASE LOSING IS WINNING - 

pineview01
on 1/18/13 10:55 am - Davison, MI

Hi Anne!  I joined a few days ago but didn't see anything fro bobocombs so wasn't sure it was a go or not.

I'm piney and am 55 from Michigan.  I had the lap band and am a revision to the sleeve.  I will be getting my sleeve the 22nd of 2013!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

anlwing
on 1/18/13 11:59 am - Rockland, ME

Hi Piney, 

Congratulations re winning to get your sleeve! Glad to see a person in my age bracket - I know people of all ages have WLS but recently it seems like I was reading mostly from those much younger and beginning to feel really old - lol. 

I know - I wasn't sure about if this page was a go or not but I went to bobocombs page and saw that he joined only a day or two before. 

I just know that it's taking me quite a while to figure out my way around here - and thought it might be same for him. So I jumped in!

Also I loved finding this page and really want a Sleeve support group so decided to say Hello and see what happened. Hope others will chime in a we can get some communication going  - quite excited to find out about the Sleeve! 

Hope our notes go out to all of those signed up for the group! 

START WT-384 LBS    IN THIS CASE LOSING IS WINNING - 

pineview01
on 1/18/13 2:09 pm - Davison, MI

I know all the younger people are taking it over to FB.  I have a lot of trouble finding my way on that.  I did join the January group.  When I was banded everyone hung out here on the Surgery Month boards and we went thru it all together.  There are at least 60 Jan surgeries but they almost all left to FB.

I also hang out on the over 50 WLS boards.  You click weight loss related, more, go to people over fifty or some such thing.  Yell, if you want to check it out and can't find it.

I'm getting very nervous now.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

newme4now
on 2/2/13 8:45 am

Hello.  I'm 53 and waiting for my surgery to be approved by the insurance company.  Once approved then I hope that by the first of March I will at least have a date if it hasn't been done in February.  I have been on the diet roller coaster for most of my adult life and very tired of carrying the second me around.  Finally looking to live life and hopefully be able to go off medications. I'm diabetic, high blood pressure and cholesterol, as well as some others. 

I am looking forward to being on the this journey with the rest of y'all.  Good luck and God bless.

NewMe4Now

Mikka   

VS on 02/2/2013 by Dr. Michael Lee    SW  298    HW  333    CW  198    GW 160

forget YESTERDAY, live for TODAY, TOMORROW will take care of itself

rose1000
on 2/9/13 3:10 am

Hi, my name is Ellen and I'm from Boston.  I am 57 years old and have scheduled gastric sleeve surgery in June 2013.  I was introduced to this site by  friend who also went through the surgery.  This is my second scheduling of surgery; 5 years ago I was scheduled but canceled a few weeks prior to the surgery because I was scared to take the plunge.  Now, 5 years later, I weigh a bit less, but my quality of life has diminished tremendously.  Everything hurts; my social life and motivation have descreased significantly and I am ready for the challenge.  I could really use your help and support in this and hope you will share some of your thoughts and feelings going into this surgery and, for those who have had it, how you are doing.

mathea
on 2/15/13 12:05 pm

My name is Karen I am 49 years old and I am hoping to get the sleeve in March or April. I am going through the required tests for insurance approval now, which will be completed by February 28th. My surgeon said it usually take only 6 days for approval. I hope to compete in a triathlon in july and want to be at least 3 months post sleeve before then. My current weight is 245 pounds and my highest was 252 pounds. I have to eat gluten free due to an intolerance to that will pose little challenge for the sleeve diet is protein first then fruit and veggies, and complex carbs last. I forsee my biggest challenge being getting in enough water for the exercise I will be doing during the hot months in florida. I am sure I will not have a problem staying low enough in carbs and high enough in protein because the sleeve diet is much like the diet I was on last year when I was loosing weight and recovering from a knee replacement and training for a triathlon at the same time. I hope to get support and give support through this forum and group throughout my process and yours. thank you for forming the group.

HW252 SW230 CW154 surgery April 4, 2013 Dr Elias Ortiz

Tina Fisher
on 2/21/13 8:01 pm - Beloit, WI

Hello!  My name is Christina, but I prefer to be called Tina.  I am 42 years old and have had my sleeve gastrectomy done in Milwaukee, WI, by Dr. Jon Gould, on February 18th, 2013.  So far things are going as well as expected.  My highest weight was 432# when I saw my surgeon for the first time in October of 2012.  I had to get down below 400# in order to have the surgery.  The day of surgery, I believe I was 383#.  I have yet to weigh myself, again.  I believe I may wait until I go in for my two week follow-up appointment on March 6th!

imnobrn_jb
on 2/23/13 2:39 am - Easton, MD

Hi all!  My name is Judi (42) and I am in the process for getting insurance approval.  Will probably not have surgery until Aug or later :(  But I am currently meeting with the NUT for the required 6 mo. of supervised weight loss.  I'm using this time to do research and start some of the dietary changes we will face after surgery (like drinking enough water, chewing until mush, no coffee(that's a hard one!!))  I'm deciding between the sleeve and rny.  Let's keep this group going!!!

lrobs1986
on 3/22/13 9:18 pm

Hello! I'm Lindsey. I'll be having my surgery Thursday the 28th. Been on my pre-opp diet for 3 days and I'm already down 10 lbs!!!! I'm excited but scared at the same time!!!