2013 gastric sleevers

Groups » 2013 gastric sleever... » Discussion » Five days and a wak...

Five days and a wake up!

OutwithBenjiBoi
on 10/9/13 7:19 am - MD
VSG on 10/15/13

I've got my vitamins. I've got my wife and parents standing by. I've got three weeks paid leave to heal. I've got my grocery list written for this weekend. I've got my clear liquid, full liquid, and pureed menus posted in the kitchen.

I'm starting to give away clothes. I've already lost 25 lbs since April, and my pants cinched with a belt on the lowest setting make me look like a cast member from "Gangs of New York."

I breezed through my final pre-op checks with the surgeon (Schweitzer at Hopkins); my PCP; and the anesthesiologist.

I am SOOOOO psyched!!!! Let's DO THIS THING!!!!!!

JB

Washington, DC

ChocolateD
on 10/21/13 6:11 am - Mount Vernon, NY

congrats you seem well prepared... my date is 11/5/13, I'm more concern about the after effects and the pain. I'm not good in pain.

cbeals
on 10/24/13 2:42 am - WA
VSG on 10/01/13

Congrats!  I am 25 days post op and feeling great. I was back to work in 1 week (could have done sooner, but had to wait until my one week check up).  Sounds like you have an amazing supportive family and work.  All plus in my book.  I was 330 Sept 15th, 319 day of surgery (Oct 1) and at one week check up I was 309 and at 2 weeks was 305!  I am not checking again until Nov 1 as that will be my 1 Month Sugerversary!My only issues were: they found I had a hernia when they were in and fixed it :) so that makes my breastbone area sore. Also I am now taking my vitamins and the multi is difficult to take, its a chewable but sooo sweet it turns my stomach. Finding a way to get it in was a challenge, I have now opted to eat half my breakfast take it, then eat the rest, and I take the second one at lunch the same way. :)

How do you feel now? Any challenges?

-Christine