- Name: Lorraine Wentz
- Username: Lorraine Nguyen
- Location: St. Catharines, Canada
- Member Since: 11/17/2004
- BMI: 32.7
- Post Op
- Surgery Type: RNY (08/05/05)
- Surgeon: Alejandro Aguirre M.D.
Before & After
There are currently no before and after photos for this member.See these instructions
if you wish to submit your own Before & After photos.
No Public Goals Yet.
- Books & Literature - Love the way a good one takes you to a completely different place.
- Travel - I'm a Navy brat, so am accustomed to travel, and love seeing new places.
- Museums & Art Galleries - Big fan of Gustav Klimt and Alphonse Mucha
- Writing - Have a few published pieces, but have to work hard to produce a final piece
- Parenting - Have three year old son, hope to have more of my own & also adopt in the future.
- Music - Aside from family it's the other biggest thing in my life.
- Photography - I'm an amateur photographer always clicking to build up my portfolio
- Interior Decoration - Plan on attending art school after wls for interior design and decorating
- Subcultures - Into tattoos and piercing. Love learning about the history of both.
- Antique Shopping - What an exciting, adventurous trip to the past.
January 16, 2007 on January 16, 2007 10:51 am
Well, for the last week or two I've been yo-yoing between 230 and 229. I was down to 228 but then went up and have been there since. As of this morning I'm at 229 even.
I've started a daily thread called "Whatcha' Eatin'?" I find that I'm totally honest about what I eat when I have to post it for everyone else to see. It holds me accountable and that's what I need at this stage in the game. I'm eating things that I shouldn't, when I shouldn't, and not getting enough activeness into my day. I wish I was loaded though. I find that when I have money, I go out for whatever reason, I get quite a bit of movement into my day and the weight comes off. I will certainly be out and about once the weather warms up, but it's hard having Izzy during the day and not being able to take her out in the cold. I could go to the mall every day and walk around, but shopping is a whole other issue for me and I'm too tempted when I do go! :D
I also can't wait to get out on my bike again. It's in the shed for the winter, but it'll be out and running ragged when it gets warmer. I know the weather is an excuse, but I'm stickin' to it!!
Oh! Speaking of shopping! I went to Addition Elle yesterday and although I can't wear their shirts anymore because the smallest sizes they have are too big, I do still wear their pants. After Izzy was born I only had three "bottoms" that fit me perfectly. The rest were all too big. So a few weeks pass and I lose about 15 pounds. All three "bottoms" are getting too big! Now I've hit a wee bit of a plateau. But I'm still losing inches! Now all three "bottoms" are starting to fall off! So back to the shopping. I go into Addition Elle and grab about 10-15 pairs of jeans in, what I think will fit, a size 22. All of them in a size 22! They were ALL too big! So I'm excited and pissed at the same time because I only have an hour before I have to be home to meet Kaleb after school. I get the bra that I need and leave. I went to the mall later last night. I was walking past a different Addition Elle when I figure I'll go in and try on a smaller size. So I grab some size 20 jeans. SIZE 20!! I couldn't believe it! Compared to the immessurable size that I was before surgery (couldn't even fit into a size 32!) this is shocking to me! I wonder how long these size 20s are going to last!! Is it just me, but is the sizing with Addition Elle a little far between? The size 22s were WAY too big, but the 20s are all quite snug........ Is there usually such a wide gap with one size difference?
| Leave a comment.
January 3, 2007 on January 3, 2007 10:11 am
Just posting that I am now 230 lbs. light, which means that I have lost a total of 202 lbs.!!! :D
Be the first to leave a comment.
I'm miffed about where it all went and when, but I'll get used to it and continue to enjoy the riches the weight loss has given me!
January 1, 2007 on January 1, 2007 8:44 am
Yet another year is past and I again am miffed about where the time went!
Be the first to leave a comment.
Izzy is doing great as am I! I am madly in love with her and am enjoying her more than I ever thought I could. And of course I'm having a ball dressing her every morning! Not to mention having fun putting on all of my clothes that I had to put on hold due to my expanding belly! I've had to retire quite a few pairs of pants, due to them being WAY too big, but I'll survive! That's what Wal-mart's for!! :)
Weight loss wise, I'm tickled pink! I lost about 40 pounds during my first trimester and then only gained 5 pounds in the next two trimesters. But during the last month of pregnancy, I lost those 5 pounds, which put me back at 245 pounds. When I left the hospital I was a little more due to water retention and the IV fluids they pumped into me. But since all of that subsided, I've lost 12 pounds! I'm down to 233 lbs. as of this morning. I have 63 lbs. to lose before I hit my ultimate goal! I'm not breast feeding like I had planned, so I'm going back to the 1200 calorie limit that I had before I got pregnant.
I have my sister's wedding that I'm a part of this June, so I'm determined to reach my goal by then!
Christmas was absolutely fantastic! My dad and sister were here for Izzy's birth and then we all spent christmas together. Dad made a delicious traditional turkey dinner with a fresh turkey from Nancy B's organic poultry farm! It was unbelievable! We're never buying a frozen turkey again. Neither are my Dad and sister! :)
I am still thrilled with my surgery. I will never regret having it. I can eat like a normal person now, which means that I have to start watching what I eat, but having the past year and some odd months behind me, I know how to eat now and how to make what I eat count. I still don't feel that physical hunger feeling, but I do have head hunger once again, so I'm fighting that and winning!
I hope you all had a lovely holiday and new year!
December 2006 on December 30, 2006 11:12 am
It is now December 2006, so I will do an update on everything as soon as I can!
Be the first to leave a comment.
My total loss as of Dec 30th is: 191 lbs.
August 6, 2006 (1 Year Post-Op!) on December 30, 2006 11:06 am
Hmmmmm..... One year..... Ummmm.....Wow. It's quite miraculous to me really. Indeed. This is going to be hard. I'm kinda speechless at the moment. Everything from the past year is swirling around in my mind and I'm just dumbfounded.
Be the first to leave a comment.
Yesterday was actually my one year anniversary, but I was busy hanging out with friends and absolutely enjoying life! I couldn't have thought of a better way to spend the day! I weighed myself this morning and although I had gained two pounds over the last two weeks, due to my pregnancy, I am now back down to 245 lbs. My lowest weight since surgery. It's nice to be able to say that, even though I know I'm pregnant and will probably gain some weight in the next few months. None the less, I feel great and even if I do gain some weight, I know that I'll get it all off and the remaining 70 pounds I still have to go, once the pregnancy is over!
Here is a list of things that I can do now, that I couldn't even imagine doing pre-op:
- I can shop for hours! I mean WALK for hours! :D
- I can stand for as long as I want, not just the maximum 5 minutes my back would allow!
- I sleep through the night without feeling like I can't breath and that I'm going to die!
- I can cross my legs!!!
- I can get up and down off the floor with great ease!
- I've had to pull my car seat up, pull the steering wheel closer, crank up the seat height, and tilt the back of the seat forward!
- I no longer sweat just from standing in any kind of heat!
- I can sit in any seat I want without fear of not fitting or fear of breaking it!
- I can ride a bike again!
- I can see and touch parts of my body that I thought ever elusive before!
- I can go to stores and restaurants without feeling self conscious!
- I can clean my house and do everyday activities without exhaustion!
- I can keep up with my 3 y/o son ALL day!
- I can bend and stretch in all directions without strain!
- I can look people in the eye when in public and not walk with my head down in shame!
- I can fit on carnival rides!
- I can shop at "normal" clothing stores!
- I have a sex life that's 1000x better!
- I can feel sexy even in my pajamas!
- I can look in the mirror with pride!
- I can fit in a plane seat, belt buckled, with the tray down!
- I can fit through a turn style without turning sideways!
These are only a few of the many things that "normal" people never think about, but that were every day downfalls for me.
Foodwise: That's a difficult thing to muddle through right now because of my pregnancy. But portion wise, for instance, I can eat a six inch subway sandwich with the excess bread picked off the sides. I can gulp water once again, but I know from trial and error just how many chugs I can do before it'll hurt. As for what I eat during an entire day, at the moment, I don't want to post because I have to graze due to the need for extra calories for the baby. I will have to make a conscious effort to get back into three square meals a day after the baby's born, but I have lots a fantastic support from friends and family, so I'm not too too concerned.
I am ecstatic that I had this surgery and haven't had any complications. I am equally ecstatic that I have my life back to spend with my family and friends and new little one on the way! I look forward to the future and everything it entails. I am ready to continue moving on as a healthy skinny person!
I love you all! Bang and Kaleb, my two rocks, you are always in my heart. And here's a special hug for my Dad and Dr. Aguirre!
Cheers! Life is good!
(I will have a picture posted asap!)
AUG 5, 2005 - BMI 65.7 - 432 lbs.
- 45 lbs.
SEP 5, 2005 - BMI 58.8 - 387 lbs.
- 14 lbs.
OCT 5, 2005 - BMI 56.7 - 373 lbs.
NOV 5, 2005 - BMI 53.8 - 354 lbs.
DEC 5, 2005 - BMI 50.9 - 335 lbs.
JAN 5, 2006 - BMI 48.5 - 319 lbs.
FEB 5, 2006 - BMI 45.9 - 302 lbs.
MAR 5, 2006 - BMI 44.4 - 292 lbs.
APR 5, 2006 - BMI 42.7 - 281 lbs.
MAY 5, 2006 - BMI 40.9 - 269 lbs.
JUN 5, 2006 - BMI 38.5 - 253 lbs.
JUL 5, 2006 - BMI 37.3 - 245 lbs.
AUG 5, 2006 - BMI 37.3 - 245 lbs.
DEC 29, 2006 - BMI 37.3 - 245 lbs.
DEC 31, 2006 - BMI 35.9 - 236 lbs.