I'm Not In Any Photos Yet.
Before & After
There are currently no before and after photos for this member.See these instructions
if you wish to submit your own Before & After photos.
Surgeon TestimonialKuldeep Singh, M.D.Dr. Singh is funny, personable, and plain old straight up! I'm a realist... and he's everything you want for in a surgeon. He is very knowledgeable and also available to his patients. His website is www.lapsurgmd.org and has a link to an email address that he personally reads and answers. rnThanks for being so great Dr. Singh!
- Books & Literature - Recently read Mary Mary and Moonlight becomes you
- Musical Performance - I like live theatre, saw Beauty and the Beast this year at Tobys, it was Great!
- Dancing - I love dancing... always have and am taking a tap class this fall!
- Cards - Women Poker shark here!
- Gambling - Vegas is fun! Been 4 times now, POKER!
- Housework - I think i'm slowly becoming OCD on this... UGH!
- Football - Baltimore Ravens all the way this year!
- Married - 14 years and counting...
- Children - I have a son & daughter! Going to Movies is fun
- WLS in your 30's - I want to live long and have to do something NOW!
It's been over a year since I blogged! on January 13, 2010 4:09 pm
Hello OH family... sorry I have been so antisocial. A lot has been going on in my world over the past year. Some good, some bad, but life goes on right?
I won't bogg down my blog with all my family and job stuff etc... just fill you in on me!
Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post op from my mammaplasty, breast reduction/lift. I honestly can't tell you what size I went from to what size I am now. All I know is I owned about 3 or 4 38DD bras that I would stuff myself into and make work. I know I was beyond that size, but not sure where you find F or G size bras, and I was always too embarrassed to look anyway. The surgeon took over 500 grams of breast tissue/skin from each breast. We are estimating I will be around a 38 C/D which is still buxom enough for me. I have asked myself, "What have I done?" but I think we all question ourselves sometimes. I am out of work recovering and most likely will go for my tummy tuck within the next 2 weeks. Insurance covered my breast reduction, however will not cover the tummy. So Merry Christmas to me for like the next 20 years, cause this TT has a pretty price tag!
I am weighing 170. Not that great, pretty much a plateau for the past year. Looks like I was 173 at last Christmas. But I am comfortable with my band, don't want a fill, I am at my sweet spot. Dr says I have at least 9-10 pounds of loose skin, and we all know we can't do anything with that.
Like I said, last year was a lot of "stuff" going on, one being a nasty injury, I tore the Iliac crest tendon on my right hip... talk about pain. It was a good 4-5 months of healing, and to this day I sometimes feel a twinge of pain. So lazily, I have been off the exercise train. Time to pick up the poeces and try again. I will use my treadmill slowly during my tummy tuck suregery recovery. Slow and steady wins the race, right?
Anyway, Happy New Year to all of you! Hope everyone is living life to the fullest!
| Leave a comment.
Chocolate... Pumpkin Pie... Homemade stuff...... on December 13, 2008 8:30 am
Be the first to leave a comment.
So I haven't been on here in a while... Nothing really new. Just feeling the effects of the holidays and everyones hospitality to provide all those homemade comfort foods in sight 24/7. I mean... I do it too. The bowl of Christmas wrapped 3 musketeers, treasure caramels and reese bells are right on my table. There is a difference this year though... I take 1 or 2 and I am so satisfied. Really! It's still as yummy as before. But there is something gone. And I mean that in a good way. The urge to keep popping one chocolate after another is gone. It's like magic to me.
I actually think I have the hang of this lap band thing. I'm not even a year post op... I have one more month til then. But I have consistently been making my meals on the small 6" plates instead of the regular dinner size plates. If I want the pumpkin pie, I serve myself a sliver instead of 1/4 of the pie. I just KNOW that I can't eat it. Not that I can't because it's too much fat or calories... but I physically can't eat those ginormous portions anymore. It's a HUGE breath of fresh air! I am smiling as I just typed that. I feel happy and elated. I can't remember the last time I felt this way.
So I am weighing 173. I sould probably be about 170 by now, but I know I have had all the rich food of the holidays more often then not lately. I am not sweating it... the holidays will be past us in no time and my 1 year Bandiversary will be upon me! My hubby asked me the other day how much more I want to lose. I told him that my goal was around 145 and he seems to think that is too skinny. He likes the fuller figure woman anyway and is afraid all of my curvy features will dissappear! But I am actually thinking he is right a little. I am comfortably in size 12 pants and mostly large tops. I am thinking that 155 may be more desireable. I just dont know. I do plan on exploring a tummy tuck and breast lift. I have no clue how many pounds of skin will be removed with that, but can't imagine it would be more then 5 or 6#. So I have to do my homework.
Anyway... Merry Christmas to all of you... Happy new year too! Enjoy your holidays no matter what it is you celebrate!
NSV For me... on November 4, 2008 6:20 am
Imagine this... you are folding laundry... yay! Just what I LOVE to do, NOT!
But it's a chilly morning and I call my 10 yr old son over...
"Zach, I just pulled laundry from the dryer and it's warm, come grab some clothes to put on..."
He's so spoiled, I often bring him warm clothes in the morning before school.
So here my 62# 10, almost 11 year old skinny boy comes happily running over to grab some clothes from the unfolded basket...
He pulls out a pair of Navy blue Adidas running pants and starts to put them on...
he says... "Wait, mom... are these mine or yours?..."
Well low and behold, the were MINE! MY PANTS! My kid visually at first thought they were his!
Ok... next is the best part for me...
he says, "You're gettin so skinny I can't tell your pants from mine mom!"
Ok... Ok... so a son UNCONDITIONALLY Loves his mother right? Well this was the best thing he could have said to me! I was tearing up... my 10 yr old son has noticed my change...
I whelled up with tears, tears of joy and hugged that kid so hard!
AMAZING moment for me!
And on another note... the scale is reading 177 the past few days... WOO HOO!!!!
| Leave a comment.
180! on October 28, 2008 5:53 pm
I was 180 on the nose today!
Be the first to leave a comment.
Can't wait to be in the 170's... sucks that Halloween in right around the corner! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
My First Unfill... on September 29, 2008 5:02 am
At first I was too embarrassed to call Dr Singh about how I was feeling. My fill was on Friday at 1pm, and by 8pm Friday night I was feeling horrible. (I did drink a glass of water in his office before I left) My saliva glands were just starting to get into overdrive. I kept a cup nearby and spit in it every minute. It was really gross... I stopped drinking because I knew I was too tight and it would make me vomit. My frame of mind was I can get through the weekend and see him on Monday when the office opens. That wasn't in the plan as I had a horrible night sleep. I did use the heating pad on my chest/belly and that seemed to help. I attempted my morning coffee, but after about an ounce or two, I was salivating all over again. The fluid was just not going through. So I broke down around 2 pm on Saturday and called Dr. Singh. He was very nice and understanding. Unfortunatly they were in the middle of moving his office and everything was in boxes so he didn't know where any supplies were. I told him that yes, I was uncomfortable, but not in unbearable pain. So he said, the hospital is an option, but you will spend way too much time and money there, let me call you back and see what I can find. So I waited... and waited... and waited... around 7pm I started fixing some chicken noodle soup for my kids. Well the smell of the soup over the stove made me very nauseaous and ill! I felt like I was going to throw up. So I called my husband to take over and headed for my bedroom, the heating pad and the telephone to call the dr back. I couldn't wait any longer. So I laid there a few minutes with the heating pad and tried to settle my spitting in the cup down a bit. At 7:22pm I called Dr singh. I had to leave a message on his voicemail. I stayed in bed and made myself as comfortable as possible. I had my hubby bring up my nice executive leather computer chair and reclined in that as my bed. It kept me propped up nicely. He called back at 9pm. He said that he had an emergeny syringe kit at home and would meet me at his new office early in the morning for an unfill. Well I dozed off in the computer chair only to be awoken at 11:29 pm throwing up. It was quick, 3 heaves and I cleared all the saliva/slime out of my pouch. WOW! Instant relief!
So I managed to sleep through the night pretty well... no spitting necessary. I woke and felt better in the morning and Dr Singh called me at 8 am. I was to meet him at 9:30. He's a dear... really... Doctors are so busy, and to take time out of his personal time for a patient like that is admireable. What a great caring man!
The end result... He took a half cc out. Leaving me with 6cc in my band now. He even said... guess I won't be seeing you for a long time now huh? Pretty funny... this is probably my "Sweet Spot" So I do have that to look forward to. The rest of the day I drank a 12 oz coffee and some water. I also ate 2oz of sugar free vanilla ice cream melted. No where near my nutrition values needed... but in a day or so, I'l be back on track.
Moral to my story... NEVER GET A FILL ON A FRIDAY!!!!
Thanks Dr. Singh... you're a real gem!
| Leave a comment.
Here's my Fatline... I'm a 35 y/o Female... Keep in mind, I started taking dance classes at age 5... through age 18 I was dancing 3-5 days a week, and 18-30 I took a class or two and also taught a few classes a week.... now read on and imagine how I would be if I DIDN'T have dance in my life...
1) Chubby Kid (age 8 started packing it on, bought "Pretty Plus" 1/2 sz clothes from Sears)
2) Plump Teen (Graduated HS a size 13/14, probably @ 175#)
3) College/Single adult years (18-21) Gained another 10-15# wearing a sz 16
4) Getting Married (age 23) Wedding Dress was a size 22 had to be for 220# of me
5) Married w/o kid went on phen-fen and lost about 50-55 pounds, i'll see that when I go to my pcp and ask for my records from 1995/1996...Phen Fen for 6 months, then stopped, pounds crept back on easily, and phen-fen taken off market
6) 1997 Married & pregnant - My son was born 2/16/98 and I weighed about 242#
7) 1998-2000 - I'd cut back on food and lose a few pounds, then gain it. 8) Nov 2000- pregnant, gaining weight then miscarried on my son's bday, 02/16/01.. here comes the depression again
9) In 2001 my husband and I had marital problems... only then my depression some how motivated me to get in better shape... Hydroxycut w/ephedra and diet I lost alot of weight, comparitively, about 35-40# Weighing in around 190ish...
10) The rest of 2002 depression and food went hand in hand, back up to about 220 or so.
11) Christmas 2002 - PREGNANT again.... kidney stones bad 1/2 way through pregnancy
12) August 2003 my daugher is born... I'm weighing about 248 start to lose a little weight, about 20 pounds off, but the kidney issues and s6 surgeries that follow were very depressing. Lost pregnancy weight
13) Christmas 2003 - My kidneys are clean... weigh about 220
14) October 2004 - My sister and I join weight watchers... This is it! I'm not having anymore kids, I can do this! Weigh in at 216.6#
15) March 2005 - Lost @25# or so, weighing in around 190ish... We join Curves
16) April 2005 - June 2005 - Curves is great! i'm toning and losing more, got down to 178#, wering size 12's and pretty happy with the way I look. Underlying problem... Marital issues again...
17) Sept 2005 - Husband and I are counseling (We went the first time too) we are gonna make it and get better together. Things are going well with us... leads into eating out... back to school time too... and I can't go to curves as much, my sone has school issues that I needed to focus on.
18) Oct 2005 - Aug 2006 - I started eating and eating and not caring and comfortable in my marriage and eating and eating and ... I think you got the picture. I'm back at 215 pounds!
PRESENT DAY - I've been reading alot about Lap Band - I want it, and truly feel that I need it! I hate to make it sound like a crutch... but with the more reading I do on obesity and heart disease etc... what have I done to my body over the past 27 years of gaining and losing weight????? It's not healthy and I'm done rolling up and down this yo-yo string! I'M DONE! By the way, weighed 231 at the doctors today (March 2007)
FINAL DAY - It is January 13th, 2008. 10 months since the message above. My marriage is stronger than ever, my husband has a newere job that is phenominal, my job is going well, although considering staying at home with the kids in the near future, my son is excelling in school, my daughter is progressing in preschool at a lightning pace, and my surgery day is 2 days away! I'm happier than a pig in his own... well... pig pen. Ha ha...
I did weigh in today to see how much more from last year I was. 234# today. 3 pounds more than last year, That doesn't sound like much, but I see it as 3# x 10 years, at the age of 46 I would be 264#. Well not this time fat! I'm taking care of you once and for all... I am "banding" you from seeing me anymore! Banding you for life!