- HEALTH TRACKER
Before & After
There are currently no before and after photos for this member.
See these instructions if you wish to submit your own Before & After photos.
No Public Goals Yet.
Latest Surgery Support Comments
March 1, 2006
My first visit with Dr. Green and Brandi. This was the visit that set everything in motion. My first of many test was the sleep study on 03/13/06. It was set up like a hotel romm and my tech was pretty neat. But they have got to find a better way to do that test. WHO can sleep with all those WIRES!!! I got maybe 2 hours sleep.
My next visit was with the cardiologist 03/28/06..I'm cleared..WHoo!! Nother exiciting about that visit.
Also went to get sleep study results...gotta go do another one..looks like i have sleep apnea and need to have the CPAP..WOW i'm looking forward to another sleepless night.... :o)
First visit with the nutrionist..Very interesting. My portion size will be a medicine cup!?!?
Had ultrasound of my stomach and dopplar study of my aorta i think...
Gastro visit. scheduled for EGD 04/25/06...
So I went to the hospital for the EGD..where do they get those gowns anyway?!!? Dr. Johnson was excellant. We were talking and laughing while the nurse put medicine in my IV the next I know I was awake in my room..Hmm..Can i get somemore of that?
Had second visit with nutrionist.. I forgot..well no I didn't forget I just didn't do a food log..but other than that everything went good.
Called Dr. Green's office today spoke with Brandi and she told me my surgery would be 2nd or 3rd week of July!!! What!! Already!!! I can't wait. I feel like the little kid on the Disney commercial. I'm too excited to sleep!!
Well I have a psych eval on Tues. I'll update then
Okay so I've had the psych eval..I'm officially not crazy!!!!!!
I'm sceduled for my last nutrian visit on Tuesday..and was supposed to have visit with Dr. Green on Wednesday but he had another seminar or something that day so now my appt ws moved to 07/12...Man...I was hoping to have the surgery by then. But I'm okay God's word said to be anxious for nothing therefore i won't and will trust his timing
Went to my last nutrition visit on 06/26/06 went well, I have maintained my wait for 90 days.. :o
Also went to my second seminar with Dr. Green..informative...
Just waiting for 07/12/06 visit with Dr. Green..
Will update later...
Well July 12 came my paperwork was submitted to Aetna and by July 21 came and I have an "APPROVAL"!!!!!! Okay..Okay... breath...
My surgery date is Aug 4.YEAH!!!!!
Will update then..
Things I'm looking forward to after surgery:
1. Cross my legs when I sit
2. Fit in a restaurant booth
3. Fit in a theater seat comfortably
4. Shop for clothes in regular stores
5. Weigh less than my husband
6. Not have trouble breathing while tying my shoes.
7. Not be called fat or asked about being fat by children.
8. Walk distances without huffing and puffing.
9. Like pictures of yourself.
10. Wear a bathing suit to the beach without feeling like a beached whale.
12. Not to feel repulsed when standing naked in front of mirror.
13. Walk through the aisle of an airplane without hitting everyone with my butt.
14. Go to the mall and try cute outfits on in any store
15. Thighs not burning in panty hose!!
16. To walk without my feet hurting.
17. Feel confident.
18. Go to Victoria's Secret to shop for lingerie not just body lotion.
19. Wear a skirt without "chub rub" being a concern!
20. Relieve some of my pain!
22. Fit in the airplane seat and be able to squeeze in the middle too.
23. Not only sit in an airplane seat...but be able to fasten the belt without an extender.
25. Walk upstairs and not be so winded I have to catch my breath.
26. Wear sexy SHOES!
27. Stop making car seatbelts retract to the SUPER TIGHT setting because it has reached the LIMIT.
28. Get a family portrait done and LIKE me in it!
29. Turn heads again.
30. Enjoy the beach instead of being uncomfortable.
31. Being able to clean my house like I used to.
32. Feel sexy.
33. Have someone compliment me with something other then...you have such a pretty face!
34. Be able to take the kids to the water park and enjoy it with them.
35. Be able to take vacation anywhere, rather then trying to figure out where would require the least walking, moving, etc.
36. To have people be able to reach to the other side when they hug me!
37. Not feel embarrassed, Period.
38. Getting on an elevator and it doesn't drop a foot along with everyone else in it!!
39. Buying chairs for the yard/camping/beach without looking at the weight limit.
40. Not have the whole car shift when getting in.
41. Not worrying about dying or having a stroke before I'm 40 because of something I bring on myself.
42. Freedom from the chains that the obsessive behavior rules in my life.
43. I want to never have to listen to everyone's advice on how if I tried their version of dieting I will be thin like them too - and not need surgery!!!
44. I want to buy all new clothes and underwear and shoes.
45. People at grocery stores who are looking at what the fat lady has in her shopping cart
46. I look forward to yard sales or craft fairs, and not being too tired to get in and out of the car, or short of breath for walking 50 feet.
47. Sitting in a restaurant without my breasts resting on the table.
48. Not having to use Baby Powder after showering.
49. Seeing an old flame and having him think "oh man, she is huge!"
50. Wearing pants without elastic.
51. Having a lap again!
52. Being able to put children on my knee without them sliding off.
54. No more fear of walking on wooden decks, ladders, staircases or other things that look "iffy".
55. No more getting "those" looks.
56. Not pushing the glass off restaurant tables with my big belly.
57. Not pushing the whole table with my big belly.
58. Not looking 15 months pregnant.
59. Being able to run.
60. No more friction burns everywhere skin rubs.
61. Go horseback riding again, without exceeding the weight limits.
62. No more sounds of chairs cracking under me.
63. No more looks of fear when you come to someone's house and want to sit down on their antique furniture.
64. Fitting into sports cars!
65. Getting to dress appropriately for any occasion, including the right shoe, not just the ones that I can get into that don't kill my feet.
66. Leaving a party with my shoes still ON my feet.
67. No more pantyhose injuries like shredded thighs or cheese-grated feet.
68. No more snoring.
69. Not being "the fat one" in my family anymore.
70. Being able to exercise without feeling like I have a football player on my back.
71. Getting up out of chairs without effort.
72. Doing yoga, pilates and other "skinny" activities.
73. Being able to bend over without a huge obstacle in the way (my belly)
74. Not being a "pal" to all the guys instead of a woman in their eyes.
75. Living my life, not existing as a bloated shell of a person.
76. To be able to walk down stairs normally and not in baby steps
77. To be able to wear a swimsuit without a skirt attached to it.
78. To see my collarbone again
79. To be able to wear normal size necklaces and bracelets again
81. Let loose in social situations without feeling self conscious
82. Improve my self image
83. Advance my career
85. Not needing help getting up off the floor.
86. Not having little accidents when I sneeze.
87. Not being treated like a second class citizen
88. Not being laughed or snickered at.
89. Feel more sociable
90. Be able to wear an underwire wire
92. Have a tummy tuck
94. Have the energy to do whatever I want
95. To become healthy
96. To enjoy the second half of my life as a smaller person
Well I'm on the other side!! I made it through!!!
I'm a week and 2 days out and I have lost 20lbs. so far. Feeling good except the back/leg paid that will not allow me to walk very far without excrusiating pain. Had 2 CT's done and they dont know why I am having this pain...I am supposed to start PT next week so we'll see how it goes...
hello OH! MY LEG DOESN'T HURT ANYMORE!!!! PT really worked after only one week! I go to have the IVC filter removed in the morning, Kinda nervous because I dont want my leg to hurt again..
Had my first post op visit today, went well lost a total of 25, 4 lbs prior to surgery I am now 250lbs..On my way..I started walking yesterday felt good.
I wonder what 6 months will look like? Well will update next month...
Well today marks 7 weeks post and I have been at 240lbs for about two weeks and it's getting very frustrating..I'm following all the rules with the exception of getting my water in. that work is still in progess....I wish i knew what was going on...
Well it's been a minute since I've updated. I started at 273 and I am now 220. Started size 24 now 18-20. I can tolerate EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Nothing makes me sick. Still losing slow and steady.