Mar 18, 2011
Yesterday I was pretty down. It was a day off from constant go, go, go, and things finally caught up with me. My husband being gone a month now, and my weight stalling a bit, just made me mopey.....
But after posting my blog, and a thread on ObesityHelp.com , I got a lot of good support and feedback, for which I am very thankful for.
One lady sent me a link, and this was in it:
THE 10 WEIGHT LOSS COMMANDMENTS
• Thou shall exercise 5 times per week for 40-45 minutes.
• Thou shall not covet the carbohydrate.
• Thou shall not eat more than 3 meals per day and shall not have unhealthy snacks between meals.
• Thou shall drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.
• Thou shall eat a minimum of 70 grams of protein each day.
• Thou shall honor thy commitment to good health and healthy choices.
• Thou shall keep follow-up appointments with thy doctor.
• Thou shall always take thy vitamins.
• Thou shall not weigh thyself more than once-a-week.
• Thou shall always keep the memory of the past and the hope of the future as a clear image in thy mind.
I am so printing this out and living it closely. I don't know if I can do the "only weigh yourself once a week".....its more of a daily thing. :D My hubby always fussed at me for doing that. I'm just so dern impatient. There is a reason I never owned a scale before now....
I am coming to the conclusion that my nutritionist and surgeon are giving me bad information. I have been on her recommended diet less than a week, and already I can see its not for me. The more carbs I am allowed to eat, the more I will eat. I thinks its less that I am addicted to food, but more that I'm addicted to carbs. The more I ate/eat, the more I'd crave them. Sweet things, sugary things, starchy things. So....for me, carbs in super moderation.
I worked out today. About 10 minutes on the treadmill, 20 on the recumbent bike, and 5 on the cardio glide.
Maybe not even a full 5, because by then my legs were jelly. My heart and lungs feel good and invigorated though. :)
I got to participate in my Oma's surprise 80th birthday in Ohio via Skype today. That was totally cool. My mom and dad flew/drove up there to surprise her yesterday, and then today threw her a party she didn't expect.
Unfortunately, my gift (the bed tray I decoupaged) didn't get there today, but hopefully by tomorrow.
I got to chat with a few family members there, and watch while she opened presents. It was great.
Well, that's all for now. I'm gonna go be productive...... or try to at least.